The Zandy Group discussion

Quotes.

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zandy (new)

Zandy | 173 comments Mod
Any famous quotes you'd like to share? Ones you've made up yourself? Add them here. Creativity appreciated! :)

message 2: by Zandy (new)

Zandy | 173 comments Mod
"A face without freckles is like a night without stars" - IDK

message 3: by Zandy (new)

Zandy | 173 comments Mod
;)

message 4: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 82 comments I like the quote....

"In the end, we conserve what we love. We love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are tuaght."
-Senegalese Poet Baba Dioum

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciamariel) | 2 comments "I wonder if illiterate people get the same effect out of alphabet soup?"-Jerry Seinfield

message 6: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciamariel) | 2 comments =)

message 7: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 82 comments Oh Nice! I like that one!
Here's another one-

"What does it mean to look in the face of the world that seems to be going...rapidly in the wrong direction, and say no; we're going to switch course and i'm going to make it happen"

-Derrick N. Ashong

message 8: by Zandy (new)

Zandy | 173 comments Mod
"Never miss a good opportunity to shut up"- Harry Bender

message 9: by Sarah, The Flying Monkey (new)

Sarah | 279 comments Mod
I really like this one :)

"I love you like a fat kid loves cake!"
— Scott Adams

message 10: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 82 comments lol
Like that one!

message 11: by Sarah, The Flying Monkey (new)

Sarah | 279 comments Mod
"Like a church bell, a coffin, and a vat of melted chocolate, a supply closet is rarely a comfortable place to hide."-Lemony Snicket

I really like Lemony Snicket, he's sooo random but soooo funny. And I disagree, I think a vat of melted chocolate would be a nice place to hide :)

message 12: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) OH, I love that one!

message 13: by Olivia, everything in moderation :P (last edited Jul 28, 2009 11:44AM) (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) | 229 comments Mod
haha i love it too. I also like, "Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
— Cornelia Funke (Inkheart)

"It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities."
- J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)

"Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge."
— J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince)

"Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are."
— Markus Zusak (I Am the Messenger)

"Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and buildings and start wars etc...and all that dolphins do is swim in the water, eat fish and play around. Dolphins believe that they are smarter for exactly the same reasons."
— Douglas Adams

"The Guide says that there is an art to flying,” said Ford, “or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
— Douglas Adams

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
— Miss Piggy

"'You...are...a...fridge...with wings,' Fang ground out, punching an Eraser hard with every word. 'We're...freaking...ballet...dancers.'"
— James Patterson (School's Out - Forever)

"“Did you know that wasn’t me, the other Max?” I asked.
“Yeah.”
“When?”
“Right away.”
“How?” I persisted. “We look identical. She even had identical scars and scratches. She was wearing my clothes. How could you tell us apart?”
He turned to me and grinned, making my world brighter. “She offered to cook breakfast.'"
— James Patterson (School's Out - Forever)

"Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
— Mark Twain

"Eragon looked back at him, confused. 'I don't understand.'
'Of course you don't,' said Brom impatiently. 'That's why I'm teaching you and not the other way around....'"
— Christopher Paolini (Eragon)

"Fall down again, Bella?'
'No, Emmett, I punched a werewolf in the face.'"
— Stephenie Meyer (Eclipse)

"I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong."
— Benjamin Franklin

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but usually manages to pick himself up, walk over or around it, and carry on."
— Benjamin Franklin

"If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all."
— Oscar Wilde

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you."
— Rita Mae Brown

"Women are like teabags; you never know how strong they are until they're put in hot water."
— Eleanor Roosevelt

"The train is roaring toward you and the villain is twirling his moustache and you're fussing that he's tied you to the tracks with the wrong kind of rope."
— Robin McKinley (Sunshine)

"“Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.”"
— Mary Kay Ash

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."
— Dave Barry

"I often hear people say that they read to escape reality, but I believe that what they’re really doing is reading to find reason for hope, to find strength. While a bad book leaves readers with a sense of hopelessness and despair, a good novel, through stories of values realized, of wrongs righted, can bring to readers a connection to the wonder of life. A good novel shows how life can and ought to be lived. It not only entertains but energizes and uplifts readers."
— Terry Goodkind

sorry that was about a million quotes but yeah. P.S. if you're interested they're all on goodreads.

message 14: by Olivia, everything in moderation :P (new)

(actually its about the 22 best of my 354 quotes :P)

message 15: by Sarah, The Flying Monkey (new)

Sarah | 279 comments Mod
I loves those quotes!!! I have most of them :) I love the quotes option thing on here, most of them are reeeeeeeally funny :D

message 16: by Olivia, everything in moderation :P (new)

thx :D yeah I agree

message 17: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) Here's one of my favorite quotes from an online comic called Girl Genius:

"Agatha Clay: I've never had coffee. Lilith said a young lady shouldn't drink stimulants.
Zeetha: Drink your coffee like a warrior.
Agatha Clay: ...Yes, Zeetha. "
— phil foglio, kaja foglio

end of the page...

Krosp (the cat): I think you are about to find out that Lilith was a smart lady.

a few pages later...

"Agatha: Say, could I get another cup of coffee?
The Seneschals: NO!"
— Phil and Kaja Foglio

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic...

message 18: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) Olivia wrote: "haha i love it too. I also like, "Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
— Cornelia Funke (Inkheart)

"It is our choices, Harry, that..."

Olivia, thanks for sharing all these quotes. They made my day. Especially the one about the bumble bee.

message 19: by Olivia, everything in moderation :P (new)