LA Art Weekend discussion

What 2009 LAAW event are you most excited about?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 6 comments There are so many that I am excited about. The Goodreads event on Sunday in Venice, the Friday night Gallery walk and taco truck feast in Culver City. Postopolis at The Standard Downtown. Hmmmmm. I am going to have to think about this one.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Goldberg | 3 comments Mod
Postopolis. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how is all comes together with 6 bloggers and five days of non stop discussions and interviews (planned and unplanned) about urban design.

message 3: by bettina (new)

bettina | 1 comments I'll be at something every day! Here is the schedule for the first night of Postopolis! on Tuesday - did you know Fritz Haeg was on Martha Stewart last week?! He has a new book coming out called Sundown Salons that is launching at the MAK Center on June 21.

TUESDAY 31
05:00 : Fritz Haeg Artist and Writer
05:40 : Patrick Keller Architect and Principal, Fabric
06:20 : Yo-Ichiro Hakomori Architect and Principal, wHY Architecture
07:00 : BREAK
07:20 : Dwayne Oyler Architect and Principal, Oyler Wu Collaborative
08:00 : Michael Dear Professor of Geography, USC
08:40 : Jeffrey Inaba Architect and Principal, Inaba Projects
09:20 : BREAK

The evening will end with brief back-to-back presentations by the organizers and host blogs:
09:40 : Joseph Grima Storefront for Art and Architecture / Bettina Korek ForYourArt
10:00 : Geoff Manaugh BLDGBLOG / David Basulto Plataforma Arquitectura / Bryan Finoki Subtopia
10:20 : Jace Clayton mudd up!/ Dan Hill City of Sound / Regine Debatty we make money not art
10:40 : OPEN QUESTIONS

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 6 comments I learned so much last night at the opening of Postopolis! LA, and it was just the first night.

Super disappointed that I didn't get to fly out to New York to see this... http://www.storefrontnews.org/event_d...

And, I was particarly impressed by the voices of two strong, powerful, funny WOMEN that spoke about their successful websites.... Regine Debatty, we make money not art and Bettina Korek, ForYourArt. I found them inspirational.