LGBTQA Group Books discussion

Suggestions to Appear in Polls > May-June Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Troy (new)

Troy | 73 comments Mod
Hey Everybody, it's that time again! Post your suggestions by the end of Thursday, April 2 if you want them to be in the final poll(s). Please remember to choose only one book.

The initial poll will be up on Friday, April 3 and end at 12:00 a.m. on April 7; if we need a second poll, it will appear on April 7 and include the top three choices from the first round of polling. The second poll will close at 12:00 a.m. on April 11. This way, you can vote for what you really want the first time around, without having to worry about what other people have voted or might vote for.

message 2: by Ted (new)

Ted (efcorson) Dancer from the Dance: A Novel , a classic by Andrew Holleran.

Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (bookaholic203) I am adding to the list Nick of Time by Scott and Scott (2004 publishing date)

Ralph Gallagher Someone Is Watching by Mark A. Roeder

message 5: by Danny (last edited Mar 31, 2009 07:00AM) (new)

Danny (Danny_Mercury) | 6 comments .Lincoln and Whitman Parallel Lives in Civil War Washington

An interesting look at Whitman service as a nurse in the Civil War, includes an excerpt from "Drum Taps"

message 7: by RussBear (new)

RussBear | 5 comments I'd like to nominate a book that covers the "T" in the LGBTQA Book Club: It's Stone Butch Blues, by Leslie Feinberg. I've read so much about this book through the years but have never found the time to read it. It's now considered a "queer classic." All of the books that have been nominated by this club so far have had an obvious slant toward gay men so this book would be a different twist since it covers lesbianism and transsexualism.

message 8: by Troy (new)

Troy | 73 comments Mod
RDM wrote: "I'd like to nominate a book that covers the "T" in the LGBTQA Book Club: It's Stone Butch Blues, by Leslie Feinberg. I've read so much about this book through the years but have never found the t..."

I found the page on goodreads (Stone Butch Blues A Novel), and that book sounds very interesting. Although, there is a consensus that the writing style is mediocre and possibly distracting. It's nice to see some new directions, RDM.