Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

RRR Discussions & Top-Lists > DC: Demons Galore

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments "A good demon is hard to find, but a bad one is HOTTER THAN HELL!"

A favorite quote of mine from Jackie Kessler's blurb on her book Hotter than Hell.

This DC thread is dedicated to all the hot demons that plagued the printed page and teased us readers for a wild ride to the dark side.

Pick your demon, tell us about him, and what makes him just totally HOT!

message 2: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Cadeon "Cade" Woode
Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole
Immortals After Dark

Rage Demon, mercenary extraordinaire, "The KingMaker"

Sexy, sizzling rage demon.

Is it so bad I want my own demon complete with "lickable horns?" ...LOL

message 3: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Mar 28, 2009 10:04AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments The demon-themed series I have read and totally fell in love with is the Demonica series as a whole. I am reading Wraith's story right now. I believe Eidolon will always hold a special place in my heart. Their being incubus demons doesn't hurt either. If a woman wants it they have to give it to her. I love the plan and simple nature of an incubus.

Will I be spoiled by the Demonica series? Surely there are other sexy demons out there.

message 4: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I've read the first Demonica book and I enjoyed it very much. Definitely these three brothers can be part of our "Demons Galore" thread.

Now, as soon as the library have the other two books available, I will be catching up with this series.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Yz, you took mine! Cade is just sooooo yummy. I would so lick those horns.

But there are also plenty of yummy demons in the Morgan Kingsley series by Jenna Black. Not romance, but definitely super hot.

message 6: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Daunaun
Hotter than Hell by Jackie Kessler
Hell on Earth trilogy

Now here is a bad, bad demon...LOL...High Prince of Lust, incubus who enjoys his job far too much.

Daunaun is not your typical hero, but damn, this demon is hot. His story is bittersweet, but I will not change anything about it.

If you haven't checked this series, I recommend it.

message 7: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Mar 28, 2009 11:22AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Nichole wrote: "Yz, you took mine! Cade is just sooooo yummy. I would so lick those horns.

But there are also plenty of yummy demons in the Morgan Kingsley series by Jenna Black. Not romance, but definitely sup..."

LOL...Considering what those horns are supposed to be like, trust crazy Nix to ask if she can lick his horns..althogh I can't remember if it was Cade's or Rydstrom's she was talking about...LOL ..That comment just stuck like glue in my head.

Also that scene at the bar when Holly got drunk and was petting another demon's horns, and Cade said something like she might as well just grabbed his crotch in public...LOL

Just hilarious.

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess I agree.. you took mine! lol. Cade was definitely something.

There is also Jaf from Lilith Saintcrow's Dante Valentine series.

With those black wings of his... very yummy indeed

message 9: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I like Jaf too. I've only read the first book, and I was so disappointed at the ending, since I've totally warmed up to Jaf.

Well, I was told he will be back in the next books, so I will be checking him out soon.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Jess wrote: "I agree.. you took mine! lol. Cade was definitely something.

There is also Jaf from Lilith Saintcrow's Dante Valentine series.

With those black wings of his... very yummy indeed"

Jaf is scrummy. He's like a power smoulderer (is that a word?). And yum, yes, those black wings sounded uber sexy. Can't wait till I get to read about him again.

message 11: by new_user (new)

new_user Niol, who is soon to have his own book, in Midnight's Master by Cynthia Eden. You guys already mentioned the others, LOL.

message 12: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments new_user,

Is that a series? Would you recommend it?

message 13: by new_user (last edited Mar 29, 2009 01:28PM) (new)

new_user Yep, it's a series. First book is Hotter After Midnight. In each book there's a crime involving an Other, a shifter, demon, etc.

In the first two books, the heroes are detectives and partners (one of whom is keeping his "Other" identity a secret from his human partner) and in this coming book, the hero is a nightclub owner and a figure in the Other underground and of dubious morals, LOL. He seems somewhat cool and is very deadly. I believe the heroine in his book is a journalist who doesn't know better than to stay away, LOL.

The heroines are interesting too. One was a psychologist for Other kind and the other was a succubus with a suspicious past. Good, passionate romance and action. :) I recommend it.

message 14: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Thanks. Sounds like something I'm would add to my TBR list.

message 15: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments new_user,

You have to help me here. I went to Cynthia Eden's website and even fantasticfiction.com but I couldn't find the exact order of the series.

Can you give me the titles in their correct order?..sorry for being a pain and being lazy to do my research..LOL

Thanks.

message 16: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. Np, Yz. :) Here's the order:

1. Hotter After Midnight
2. Midnight Sins
3. Midnight's Master

message 17: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Cool..thanks.

message 18: by Jess (last edited Mar 29, 2009 01:25PM) (new)

Jess I think I have this book added to my TBR but then someone told me that they hated hotter after midnight.. I'm going to just have to dive in and read it anyway

message 19: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Mar 29, 2009 01:43PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Hmm..I read the excerpt for Hotter Than Midnight in Cynthia Eden's website, and I had this sudden urge to just run to the bookstore to get it...LOL

So I'm adding it to my TBR list..while I'm trying to reason to myself that a trip to the bookstore is not good for my monthly budget at the moment..LOL

message 20: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. I just read the excerpt too, and now I feel like reading the book again, LOL. xD

message 21: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments My library system has several of her books including Hotter than Midnight...

Hmm..shall I request it or not? Since I have my April challenge books arriving soon, I will have my hands full (about 17 books for April).

Why not? I can always renew it..LOL

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I really liked Reyes from The Darkest Pleasure.

Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Forced to cause himself pain which is pleasure to his demon, Reyes lives in an endless cycle of self mutilation and hurling himself off the roof of his home...breaking every bone in his body. His restraint from giving into his desires for the woman he falls in love with endeared him to me.