The Soul (The Host, #3) The Soul discussion

Where did anyone find out about this?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I couldn't find anything on her website. I LOVED the Host (better than the Twi-series) and have hoped she would write more.

message 2: by Jody (new) - added it

Jody I loved The Host and can't wait for more! How did anyone find out about this? It isn't even on Amazon yet! Or on Stephenie Meyers Website.(I just checked!)

message 3: by Tami (new) - added it

Tami I am with Michelle, I enjoyed the Host better then the Twilight saga. Hopefully this will be out soon!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I absolutely adored The Host and it inspired me to write a piece that I am working on now. I fell in love with all of the characters and I really hoped that it wouldn't end.

message 5: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy According to one source, Stephenie said she was "almost done" writing the sequel to The Host in June of 2008. (http://www.twilightlexicon.com/?p=645)

Another source, MTV.com reports the following as of April 2008 (http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articl...)

MTV: Do you plan on writing "Host" sequels?

Meyer: I hope. If I were to continue on with "The Host," which is a possibility, there are characters and stories that could continue. ... If I went ahead with that, it would be two more. ... Next would be "The Soul," and then "The Seeker."

So I guess it remains to be seen if this book will be called "The Seeker" or "The Soul..."

message 6: by Bree. (new) - added it

Bree. Says it comes out 2010.

Catherinecottam Unfortunately, Stephenie Meyer has no plans to publish a book in 2010. You can see that she says so on www.stepheniemeyer.com

"...I suppose I should mention that this is, in spite of the date, not an April Fool's joke. ... I have no current plans to write any scripts, sequels, or collaborations, nor have I been to any conventions this year. ..."

Also, if she said in April 2008 that she "hoped" to write a sequel to The Host, she definitely would not have it almost done 2 months later. Sorry to burst your bubbles. I really do hope that she gets around to writing both of the sequels though!

message 8: by Bree. (new) - added it

Bree. Dammit. I was really looking forward to the sequel.

Catherinecottam Yeah, me too :( That's why I immediately went to her website. I'm really disappointed that it at least isn't in the works right now. I really loved The Host.

message 10: by Bree. (new) - added it

Bree. I loved Host aswell.
I never thought I would, because usually writers who write an amazing first series, the ones after are just not that great!
But I immediately fell in love with Host. Everything about it. I even cried!
Cried when she had to say good bye to Jared.

message 11: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah I just finished reading the Host. It was amazing! I couldn't put it down! I really hope she writes a sequel...I'd love to see how their lives continued on.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope that she actually does write a sequel cause that was an amazing book:) Go Steph!!!

message 13: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Really want her to write these books and Midnight Sun!!