White Flag: America's First 9/11 White Flag discussion

1 view
Dissenting Views?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Wayne A. I appreciate all the positive comments. It's encouraging for the writer to hear. However, this is an important story and I would like to engage in discussion with those who would take exception to some of the assertions I've made in WHITE FLAG. The death of Brigham Young, the role he played as well as Haight, Higbee, Dame, Smith, Wells, Rich and Hamblin are all worth some debate. Not to mention Rockwell, Hickman and Stout. History has basically given all of these men a pass... and they don't deserve one... in my opinion.

message 2: by Norm (new)

Norm I think that is overwelmingly likely that Brigham Young knew much more then is still being asserted by the LDS Church, The Cedar City Leaders knew they would be in deep trouble if they acted as they did...if they did not at least follow what they were sure he wanted done! It was not a democracy! He was very much in control! And it was toltaly covered up by him and blamed on the Indians...and he damn sure knew that was not true!

Lee was the true definition of a scapegoat! sacrifice one and save the cult!

Sally Denton said it about the: "Let the emigrants go" message that arrived "too late"!

If there were no order to attack them to start with such a message made no sense!! It only makes sense in the context that they were carring out an original order to attack! It is very much forward looking, cover my butt: (See what I said)...and why it was saved?...when so much else was distroyed!

message 3: by Norm (new)

Norm I think that is overwelmingly likely that Brigham Young knew much more then is still being asserted by the LDS Church, The Cedar City Leaders knew they would be in deep trouble if they acted as they did...if they did not at least follow what they were sure he wanted done! It was not a democracy! He was very much in control! And it was totaly covered up by him and blamed on the Indians...and he damn sure knew that was not true!

Lee was the true definition of a scapegoat! sacrifice one and save the cult!

Sally Denton said it about the: "Let the emigrants go" message that arrived "too late"!

If there were no order to attack them to start with such a message made no sense!! It only makes sense in the context that they were carring out an original order to attack! It is very much forward looking, cover my butt: (See what I said)...and why it was saved?...when so much else was distroyed!