New Jersey GoodReads discussion

Jersey Girl checkin in

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:30AM) (new)

Leslie (lesliejones23) | 2 comments I grew up in Clark (exit 135 off the parkway)and have settled in Edison (Exit 129 or 130). I have read all of the Stephanie Plum series minus the 13th one, and they are great fun. I just finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns" today and it was amazing. I couldn't put it down and basically read it today. Anyway, I hope to meet fellow Jerseyians who love books as much as I do!

message 2: by Joyce (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:44AM) (new)

Joyce | 2 comments Hi Leslie, I grew up off of exit 145 leading to 280 West Orange. About to read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and was wondering if it lived up to the presence of the "Kite Runner".

message 3: by Leslie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:44AM) (new)

Leslie (lesliejones23) | 2 comments they are both excellent!!! i read the kite runner first, and it really wouldn't matter what order you read it. they are both fantastic. enjoy the book! be sure to block off a lot of time as once you start, you can't stop!!!

message 4: by Jimmy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Jimmy | 1 comments Kite runner was great. Exit 135 -> Westfield ;)

message 5: by Penny (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Penny | 3 comments Hey - I grew up in West Orange, too - but haven't been back in a long time (nice to see my exit mentioned :) ... Just finished 1000 suns... It was fantastic, amazing, heartbreaking - definately worth reading! Enjoy!!!

message 6: by Joyce (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

Joyce | 2 comments Thanks for all the feedback on "A Thousand Splendid Suns", WO has changed quite a bit since you've proabably been home, but still a great town, even though I'm not living there as well.

message 7: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:50AM) (new)

Maria | 1 comments I'm from Detpford (south Jersey). My mom is supposed to be sending me A thousand splendid suns. I haven't read it yet, but I enjoyed Kite Runner.

message 8: by Sammy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:52AM) (new)

Sammy | 1 comments it's fun to know so many jersey girls are reading the same book as me! i enjoyed thousand splendid suns as well... i think i had an easier time reading it than reading kite-runner actually... even if the story is slightly similar