A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) A Great and Terrible Beauty discussion

Greatest book ever

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Did you guys know its going to be made into a movie????

Marnie That sort of makes me sad.
I mean, it just means that less people will actually READ the book. .
not that I have anything against movies.

Emma  Blue Tht rocks and is awful at the same time. I agree with Marnie. And a lot of times (besides the harry potter series and princess diaries) movies about books are really bad compared to the books, or there is many changes. And everyone thinks its just plain awful. I would see it, but only after I finished the books.

Alyssa Blaine B By NO MEANS the best thing I've ever read...

message 5: by Megan (last edited Apr 01, 2008 03:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Megan I know!! It IS going to be made into a movie! It makes me excited! No one knows about these books at all, and I love them so much!! If it were made into a movie, you can just tell it would be a hit, everyone would love it!! Then maybe some people would read the books!! Then when they're like, "You should read it, it's great!" you could say, "Whatever, I read it BEFORE it was popular. HA." I just like to be ahead of the crowd... And I'm feeling kinda like a spaz right now.....

Megan sdblaine, you're a guy.... It might even be kinda creepy if a guy liked it.... It's like the Twilight series.... It's a girl series... Plus, a lot of guys don't like female heroines....

Dixie REALLY?!?!?!?
That is so cool!
I'm totally going to see it

Jadewik I agree with sdblaine-- it's not the best thing I've ever read. It was alright as far as books go, but didn't scream "OMG, THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!" to me. Then again, not everyone likes the same books I enjoy reading.

It will be interesting to see this story brought to film, though...

message 9: by Bg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bg Well, I love the books after reading all of the series (and the last book in 8days). But anyway when I heard that it was going to be a movie I was excited and sad. Its a really great book and I would hate to see it stained by a crappy movie. But I think what I'm most worried about is the actors/actresses their going to pick. It would suck if they picked people who were nothing like the characters in the book. So this series being turned into a movie is a 50/50 chance. Its might be good and it might be bad. Fingers crosses.

trista Yeah, I heard it's being made into a movie. I'm kind of not looking forward to it, just like the Twilight movie, it's just that most movies based off of books aren't that good.

Savannah Barnes I seriously put this book in the top three books I've ever read!

I cannot wait for the movie!

Veronica Savannah wrote: "I seriously put this book in the top three books I've ever read!

I cannot wait for the movie!"

Wonder who'll play Gemma....

Rosemary It was a little too dark and sinister for me so no, it isn't the greatest book ever. I prefer only a tiny splash of dark instead of a whole book of it.