Short Story Contests discussion

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arthur, Live a little Give a lot (new)

Arthur | 554 comments Mod
These are stories that are ALWAYS less than 75 words. Today's topic is Twilight.

You may write your story to be a really short self story, personal mystery or experience. It can be anything.

message 2: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune Twilight. The horribly addictive thing. It has people all over the world ensnared in its words, desperate to read every chapter. People hiding away just to suck up a few sentences. What has Twilight done to the world?

: D

message 3: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments oh my gosh, twilight. run. run away and hide, and don't come out till harry potter has re-emerged from it's second-only-to-twilight position and people realize that it's a far FAR BETTER BOOK THAN TWILIGHT WILL EVER BE SO :P.... :D haha....

message 4: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune hahahha lol!

message 5: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments jeeves wrote: "oh my gosh, twilight. run. run away and hide, and don't come out till harry potter has re-emerged from it's second-only-to-twilight position and people realize that it's a far FAR BETTER BOOK THAN ..."

an interesting statement coming from someone who's NEVER read any of the books!!

message 6: by Olivia, summer (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) | 229 comments Mod
No, i've read both series multiple times (well, ive only reread twilight in that series, but...) I love both, and twilight is a phenomenon, but the only reason it is currently eclipsing HP is b/c HP has ended, the last book came out a while ago (as did beedle the bard) and the next movie wont be out until july. so its in a lull. turly, I love both, but nothing holds a candle to Harry potter. HP ROCKS!!!
And I think I'm qualified, seeing as Ive read every HP book a minimum of thrice and read the entire twilight series, including BD and a reread recently.

message 7: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments i agree with olivia :) i just wanted to point out that jevves is WRONG!!!

message 8: by Olivia, summer (new)

thanks Pixie/sunny (ur confuzzling me with that..) *high-fives pixie/sunny*
btw, nice pic :P

message 9: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments hahahah, thanx, it's my neice :) babysitting can be fun lol!

message 10: by Olivia, summer (new)

wow thats really ur niece? I thought it was photoshopped or something. awesome! so cute!

message 11: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments yeah that's her, hahaha, it took several attempts to accually get that picture; her nose was SO TINY that the glasses kapt falling off :)

message 12: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments ~Pixie~ a.k.a Sunny wrote: "i agree with olivia :) i just wanted to point out that jevves is WRONG!!!"

:P i read over 50 pages, and simply had to stop. so there. it's obviously not as good as harry potter, if only in that HP appeals to literally like every audience, while twilight pretty much is for teenage girls. not exclusively, there are a lot of guys that like it, and a lot of older people too, i suppose, but it was written as like a 'teen romance thing', so :P

message 13: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments there's acually alot of older peopel who read it. yesh, not as good as hp but that's because hp is longer and has a more complicated plot. but twilight is awesome, so :P

message 14: by Olivia, summer (new)

yeah i like them both but hp def has a complexer (is that a word? no?) plot that is more engaging.

message 15: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments complexer... more complex... complexy... hmm.
yeah. anyway..... HP RULEZ :P

message 16: by Olivia, summer (new)

WHHOOOOO!!!! HP ROCKS!!!! did u read all? if so, did u read beedle the bard (tales of)?

message 17: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments haha, yup, i read it all, including tales.... i was gonna erad sunny's copy before we gave it to her for christmas (or was it birthday? hmm...) but i dinnit have time, so i had to wait for like 100 peoplez at teh library >.<

message 18: by Olivia, summer (new)

ah I hate long waits

message 19: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments i knooowww.....

message 20: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments me tooooooooooooooooooooo, CDs are the worst for having long waits :/

message 21: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments yeah.... i've been waiting for flogging molly for soooo loooong..... course, it's the third time i'm getting it out, but... gosh... :P

message 22: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments hahahahahaha, i luuuuurve my iPod!! :)

message 23: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments cause i can steal all the music and put it on the iPod and don't have to re-check it out ever again :)

message 24: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments :P gosh, half of your itunes you got from MEH anywayz :P hahahaha

message 25: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments i want an ipod nao...

message 26: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments hahahaha, yesh, it works out quite well! u wait for an eternity to get the CDs and i rip them onto my computer :) everbody's happy!! *quickly runs off to avoid tigger killing me*

message 27: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 306 comments hahahaha, sounds awesome, "to avoid tigger killing me" >.< and yesh, that is how it seems to work :P

message 28: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 207 comments hahahaha, yep :D..... lolz!