South Shore Readers discussion

Reading Resolutions?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 1102 comments Mod
It's a new year! Have you set any reading goals for yourself in 2008?
Maybe read those classics you've always meant to read... or finish all the books on your bedside table...or perhaps finally finish all those books you've left unfinished.

I have WAAAY to many books on my too read shelf. Okay, in all honesty, they don't even all fit on my shelf. I really need to read them and swap/give them to friends once I've finished them.

message 2: by Clare (new)

Clare | 21 comments I get most of my books from the library and have read all I have at home but I am intending to read a couple of books on the Books I Loathed list here on Goodreads. I have just started A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius and am also reading The Life of Pi. If a lot of people hate a book, it has to be interesting at the very least.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 1102 comments Mod
I loved the Life of Pi... but I know lots of people hated it. It was one of those books that people's opinions are at one extreme or the other.

I also read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius... I remember really enjoying the first part of it but towards the end---not so much.

message 4: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 491 comments Mod
I always resolve to read the books in my pile rather than picking up anything new but then new books attract my attention and I don't stick to the plan. I think I need to be locked in my room with my stack of books so I work my way through them all. I have "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" in my pile but haven't ever started it. I read Life of Pi and didn't like it-I agree that people seem to have strong reactions to that book. Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to read!

★Lalita ❤︎ (lalita) | 19 comments My reading resolution is to read the books I actually have now before acquiring too much more. That way I'm not too overwhelmed. That's when I don't read some and then I have them for a while and they get pushed back for the newer book I just got! I can't help it though there is just so much to read out there--new and old:)