Children's Books discussion

Themes, Topics & Categories > Good Books About Potty Training?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (Jenrobin) I'm looking for a funny book that I can read to my two and a half year old daughter about potty training. Any recommendations?

message 2: by Robbie (last edited Jan 13, 2008 07:34AM) (new)

Robbie Bashore Well, it's not necessarily *funny* but we liked Going to the Potty by Fred Rogers

message 3: by ABC (new)

ABC (Mary6543) | 341 comments "Everyone Poops" by Taro Gomi is a cute book. I found it at the library. It shows various animals and a boy (I think) but it would be good for a girl, too.

We own "Once Upon a Potty"--Boy Version and I don't like it at all. It is really long-winded.

We also own It's Potty Time--Boy Version. It is cute, and it has a button that you can push that sounds like a toilet flushing.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen (Jenrobin) Thanks, everyone! We have It's Potty Time (girl version) and my daughter likes it. I will check out the Fred Rogers book too. I looked it up and I like the illustrations (and sometimes pictures speak a thousand words). I had on my list to get Everyone Poops too.

message 5: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 13 comments I've heard of a book called "I Want my Potty"...it has an article on www.commonsensemedia.org

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 722 comments My sister has a child that is autistic that she had a difficult time potty training. My niece was terrified of the toilet for a long time. But my niece fell in love with Princess Potty Time and actually potty trained fairly quickly after my sister began reading that to her.

Good luck!