Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Obama on TV Again Tonight

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 24, 2009 03:26PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/2...

Ok, I like Obama and all, but I don't know about these "take over all the stations and give a speech" events. I think he's trying to communicate directly to the American people, which I appreciate, I guess, but...I guess I don't appreciate it that much. What do you think? Should the President give speeches on tv? How often? Do you watch? What do you get out of the prime time televised speeches?

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It's a press conference, RA. I think that's important.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Maybe it's more my personal learning style that doesn't mesh with this type of thing. I'd rather read about it the next day in the paper (assuming, um, newspapers continue to exist). I'm not big on listening to speeches/press conferences.

message 4: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I agree RA. What's C-SPAN for if not to carry this stuff in its entirety so the other stations don't have to?

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
He also communicates with me via Facebook. I like it. I feel like he's more in tune with the general masses than any pres. before him has been.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You can get Obama on facebook? I had no idea. How do you do that? I'd be ok with that.

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

I think it is because he is my friend on there. We became chummy during the campaign, and I expected his posts to drop off once he was elected, but alas! I'm still in the presidential loop.

p.s. It bugs me that I was too lazy to finish typing "president" above, so I'll do it now.

message 8: by Matthieu (last edited Mar 24, 2009 04:28PM) (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments I'm pretty sick of Obama. I mean, I had to vote for him; there'd be no way that I'd let an old man with a questionable medical history, a fundamentalist Alaskan, a teenage whore, and a hydrocephalic infant into the white house.

I'm not a fan.

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

I was thinking about that just now, Matthew. Once the Republican primaries were over it was pretty much decided. I think that is why McCain looked so pissed for much of his campaign.

message 10: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments They totally fucked themselves. Maybe it was part of their plan?

I feel kinda sorry for Obama. He has to handle a situation far beyond his control.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.