Writer's Paradise discussion

Does anyone?

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments Does anyone want to explain to me why people like their dads? I have my friends. But one doesn't talk to me all that much, the other has supressed feelings and the other calls her dad The parent formally known as dad. Which she got from a book but the point is I don't have anyone else to turn to other than my exes who don't like their dads either. It's for a story and her dad died and she broke down once but she can't really be all battlish and running on adrenaline in the next few chapters since she has to get proposed to.HELP!

message 2: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
OK, I am officially confused :)

*Fluffs blond hair*

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

okay is this part of a story or are you really unsure?

message 4: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments It is for part of a story but I really am unsure

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

umm can't answer the q for you but i llike it

message 6: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Perhaps a better question, is why people do not like their dads?

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 24, 2009 05:23PM) (new)

I love mine, he buys me stuff...

HE'S GETTING ME A WII FOR CHRIST-MAS!!

message 8: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments BECAUSE THEY^ ARE FREAKING A** HOLES WHO DON'T TALK TO YOU AND TELL YOU THEY WON'T DIVORCE YOUR EVIL STEP MOM WHO DOESN'T LET YOU HOLD YOUR HALF SISTER AND MAKES YOU DRINK WAAAAY TOO MUCH MILK AND THEN DOES AND THEN DOESN'T TALK TO YOU FOR LIKE THREE YEARS AND THEN EXPECTS YOU TO LIKE THEM!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Uhh................
True, my daddy did cheat on my mom, and they had he big D, but...You have to love your Daddy, he's part of your existence...

message 10: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments No I don't he's not part of my life anymore.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm sry Air. I can't relate cuz my parents r together, but my dad is an ass a lot of the time

message 12: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Yippers...but the most important reason that you should like your dad...is that without your dad...there would be no you :]

That makes him special, because you are very special :]

message 13: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments Trust me he isn't all that great

message 14: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Trust me...You Are :]

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, Air!

Also, if you think bad things about your earthly father, that gives you a bad impression of your heavenly Father.

Not a good thing.

message 16: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments i'm wiccan :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

cool!

message 18: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments yes it is cool but it means Detective Angel's response is irrelevent

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I respect that you are insulting my religion...or are you...AW COME ON! Do I have to be blonde at times like these?

message 21: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments I was just saying that your response is irrelevent because I do not belive in god. Nothing else.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah.
But...erm...oh, god...what do you worship?
or are you atheist...
I'm confuzzled...

message 23: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments I worship Greek gods and goddesses

and my mom worships the celtic god and godess

message 24: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments Wouldn't that make you Pagan?
Wait...that's the same thing as Wiccan, right? *smacks blonde self*

message 25: by Daisy (last edited Mar 25, 2009 01:41PM) (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments Pagan is I don't actually know my mom does though

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, cool!

Ray, I made a Ray fan club...:3

Check out the rest of my gallery, you only got L AGAIN, not I love L or Me

message 27: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments Yeah, I saw the group ^^
Thankies, btw

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess J | 129 comments Air wrote: "Does anyone want to explain to me why people like their dads? I have my friends. But one doesn't talk to me all that much, the other has supressed feelings and the other calls her dad The parent fo..."

Okay, back on topic, I think that maybe your character should have a fight with her father and then her father dies, and she feels really bad about him dying because maybe she thinks he died thinking she hated him. Does that make sense? This way, you don't HAVE to come up with reasons why she loves/hates her father. All you need to do is make an argument between the two and make it sound like your character never wants to see her father again. She feels bad or maybe even guilty and gets sad. There ya go! I hope this actually makes sense...
=)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

*Rayana* wrote: "Yeah, I saw the group ^^
Thankies, btw"

Welcomes!
:D

message 30: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

Kenzie | 1305 comments Mod
That's a really good idea, Jess.

message 31: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments well that is a good idea but she loved her father and he's already dead. And yes I didn't say she needed reasons I need to undertsand why people like their father's I don't get it.

message 32: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 727 comments Mod
Well, my dad does get on my nerves sometimes (he's a very LOUD presence) but he loves me, and he's a good person. He also really likes music. (although, it can be distracting if he's whistling/singing and I'm trying to concentrate on something like homework) :)

message 33: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (last edited Mar 25, 2009 04:39PM) (new)

Kenzie | 1305 comments Mod
LOL

I love my dad, too. He's usually really quiet, though. Unless he gets really comfortable in your presence he won't say anything.

My grandma told me this story about him. Apparently he used to come over to my grandparents house to visit my mom when they were dating and he'd hardly say anything. Then when she ran into him at the college they were both going to she was late to her class because he wouldn't STOP talking to her. LOL

My dad's really handy, too. He just put in a brand new closet in the living room and a brand new front door.

He cooks dinner a lot of times at our house. He's a really good cook, too, considering it was just him and my grandma for 14 years of his life. His stepdad didn't really impact his life very much.

I really like my dad. He doesn't cheat on my mom, he actually cares about my siblings and I, he doesn't yell very often, and he helps out around the house. I wouldn't trade him for anyone. :)

message 34: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Sorry, got to rant about wicca.

IT HAS TWO GODS! SORT OF A YIN AND YANG!

Kay, I'm done. Please don't care about what I just said, that's just me being really rude.

I am suspecting my father is gay. He's always going to the gym with Erez, one of his coworkers...hmm...

No, I think he's straight.

But what exactly is your question?

message 35: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments lol that's Celtic, but your right it has two gods. One male and one female. To represent the masculine and feminine qualities of divinity.

message 36: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Dee wrote: "OK, I am officially confused :)

*Fluffs blond hair*"

*agrees with Dee*

message 37: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) He lets you see into boys minds.

message 38: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments He supports you, even though sometimes he's TOO enthusiastic about things. *coughcoughSOFTBALLcoughcough*

message 39: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 727 comments Mod
LOL. I love softball!

message 40: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Me too!

message 41: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendyswore) His hands are strong and huge, but gentle
He can fix anything
He'll stand up for you or stand beside you when you face the music
He's funny and wize
He's the very best grandpa
etc.
etc.