Movies We've Just Watched discussion

superbad

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
In the middle of it; hard to decide is this super bad or just very, very over the top.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved it!!! I laughed so hard at some of the scenes.

message 3: by Arctic (new)

Arctic I much preferred Knocked Up.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I prefer Knocked Up too..but I loved them both.

message 5: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
I will rent that one. :)

message 6: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Knocked Up is superior to Superbad. (Did i just say that?) Although, I like most of Judd Apatow's stuff.

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie I LOVE Superbad! How classic is it when he gets run over by the car!

message 8: by K (new)

K | 39 comments I thought this was hilarious!

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I loved the all the actors so this was a must see for my husband and I. We laughed out loud in the movie theater throughout the whole movie. I think I need to netflix this one and watch again.

My favorite part is him filling up the laundry detergent jug with booze!

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I think it's one of the funniest raunch comedies since Animal House.

message 11: by Jim (last edited Jul 06, 2008 04:35PM) (new)

Jim (jim_) It was good for a juvenile film. I thought the whole McLovin bit was hysterical. Some of the material was so unreal and far-fetched, but still it had some great moments.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 06, 2008 04:23PM) (new)

To be honest I really enjoyed Superbad. It's very unabashedly crass and ridiculous and yet clever, which was a nice change of pace. I think the funniest thing is when the police officer is asking McLovin if he knows Yoda and says, "You know, from Attack of the Clones?" Brilliant.

I think this was much better than Knocked Up, which was really just a romantic comedy for stoners.

message 13: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 99 comments I agree with you Mike, I found a lot of the language in Superbad to be pretty clever along with the situations they found themselves in. I liked the party scene when he filled up the jugs of detergent with beer, mainly because I can see some nitwit attempting that.

Two reasons I watched Knocked Up- Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd. Aside from their interaction I found the movie to be a two star, and I am less than thrilled that they cast what's her name as the lead female.

message 14: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracy_falbe) | 21 comments I super enjoyed Super Bad. I think it's one of the top juvenile party movies ever. All the crazy stuff at all the parties struck me as so real. This movie really captured what it's like to be young and out partying (with a couple wacky exceptions). But the movie also gave the characters real dimension and human feelings on top of their crass teenager-ness. McLovin shall forever be a classic.

message 15: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 169 comments I just saw this movie last night and can I just say that I thought Seth was the funniest even though Fogel aka McLovin came in at a close 2nd. I can't believe those cops. Some of the language was overly done but I thought it was hilarious. I cracked up so hard.

And it's it funny that McLovin ended up having the best time of them all and he was with the police!

message 16: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 169 comments I have yet to see Juno, Rob.. I like Ellen Page and Michael Cera is so adorable.