Write a story discussion

Sorrows

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hope (new)

Hope Annalyn whispered to the moon

message 2: by Hope (new)

Hope Life just hadn't been the same since it had happened. Since that sorrowful evening...

message 3: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) ...when Johann and Annalyn stomped out of the bar with a bottle of booze. Johann took a slug and then smashed it on the ground. They got on the motorcycle and Johann's anger showed in his driving. Annalyn told him to drive safely. He didn't listen. Somehow they wound up on the wrong side of the interstate. A truck almost hit them. A car tried but couldn't swerve around them. Johann died on contact. Luckily, Annalyn didn't have a scratch on her. Since then, she has been so sad and so guilty.

message 4: by Hope (last edited Mar 23, 2009 08:18PM) (new)

Hope She loved Johann and now that he was gone she was terribly lonely her heart ached for him and she wasn't sure how she could go on

message 5: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) She was overjoyed. Something to remember Johann with.

message 6: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Her parents. How could she explain things to her parents. Not only was she having a baby out of wedlock, but she wasn't supposed to have been seeing him anymore.

message 7: by Lara (new)

Lara (laraswimm) | 77 comments Mod
She knew it would be hard, but she was also worried for her baby's safety and knew that her mother could help. Maybe she could find the courage to tell her. Maybe.

message 8: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Annalyn was supposed to have supper with her parents tonight. However, she couldn't handle being with them without telling them about the pregnancy. She wasn't ready for that yet.

message 9: by Lara (new)

Her mother knocked on the door. Annalyn took one final deep breath before opening the door to admit her mother.

"Hi, mom."

"Oh, honey. You do look a little sick. How are you feeling?"

Annalyn couldn't hold it in any longer. She burst into tears and held to her mother for dear life. All she could get out was between gasps of air were the words "I'm sorry." Over and over again she repeated those two words.

Her mother led her to the chouch and sat her down. Once Annalyn had calmed down some, her mother asked gently, "What's wrong?"

Annalyn took another deep breath and looked into her mother's eye. Decision time.

message 10: by Lara (new)

In a strained voice, "And who would be the father?"

message 11: by Lara (new)

"When?"

One question with a million different answers.

message 12: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) "The baby is going to be something for me to remember Johann by. If it is a boy, I will name him Johann. If it is a girl, I will name her Johanna in honor of Johann," Annalyn explained to her mother.

message 13: by Lara (new)

"How long have you known?"

message 14: by Catamorandi (last edited Mar 24, 2009 09:31AM) (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) "Well, I hope you can handle the responsibility of a baby. I am not planning on helping you, at least not very much. I do not approve of this baby at all," said the disgruntled mother.

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (gltteryfun) "What are you going to do know?"

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope " I'll take care of this beautiful baby to the best of my ability. I am going to try my hardest to raise him or her to be the way Johann would have wanted him or her to be raised... but a little better I think. I loved him mother. Don't you understand?" Annalyn wanted to scream at her mother but she suddenly felt nauseas.

message 17: by Lara (new)

She quickly ran to the bathroom and lost any remainder of what little she had to eat. When her mother came around the corner and into the bathroom there was sympathy etched in her face.

"I'll help you as much as I can, even though I don't support this."

Annalyn looked up at her mom and felt a wave of gratitude toward her.

message 18: by Hope (new)

Hope Annalyn was so relieved to hear her mother say that but she didn't feel like she was necessarily ready to have a baby to take care of. She was excited at first but then the reality settled in, a child, she would have to take care of a child without a father.

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (gltteryfun) Annalyn her mother said seeing her expression on her face change.

message 20: by Hope (new)

Hope "what?" Annalyn was almost totally out of it

message 21: by Lara (new)

"I don't think that I can do this mom. I can't be this baby's mother and father. I don't know what to do and I can't do it alone." She looked pleadingly into her mother's blue-gray eyes, "What am I going to do, mom?"

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (gltteryfun) You do what you think you should do.

message 23: by Hope (new)

Hope "Well if that wasn't the best thing i've ever heard!" Annalyn said sarcastically.

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (gltteryfun) She told her mom she would think over the night.

message 25: by Hope (new)

Hope " Mom, have you told dad yet?" Annalyn asked.
"You can tell your father." Her mother looked away.
Annalyn felt pure terror. she couldn't tell her father.

message 26: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) "you should have thought those things out before you got pregnant," her mother sneered.

message 27: by Hope (new)

Hope She was mad now.
" Well you know what! Maybe you should leave me alone and never come back! I hate you and never want to see you again!" Annalyn screamed so loud she hurt her own ears.
She knew that it was probably her hormones kicking in, and that was why she had yelled, but she didn't regret it.

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (gltteryfun) Her mother was so surprised by the comment she said she would.

message 29: by Hope (new)

Hope "Thank you, mom, but I don't want you to start out by saying, 'Oh darlin' our daughter has been such a fool. She went out and got pregnant and now she's gonna have a baby and we have to help. Isn't she terrible?' Okay?" Annalyn wasn't letting go of the anger, she couldn't.

message 30: by Hope (new)

Hope "Well just don't say what I said because then I wouldn't want your help. I wish you would just help me. Like a real mother would." Annalyn was relieved to say the words she had wanted to for so long.

message 31: by Hope (new)

Hope Her mother walked out the door.
" That's what I mean!" Annalyn screamed after her.

message 32: by Hope (new)

Hope She knew she hadn't really been fair to her daughter. NO she was a perfect mother, she thought, she had always been that way.

message 33: by Catamorandi (last edited Mar 25, 2009 09:32PM) (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) She opened the front door and called for Annalyn and said she was sorry for all the mistakes she made. However, she was talking to air. Her daughter had left into thin air.

message 34: by Hope (new)

Hope Maybe she went to the bathroom, she thought. But she knew that was unlikely.

message 35: by Hope (new)

Hope Her mother was starting to get worried.

But she found out that she had been in the bathroom, dry heaving.

message 36: by Lara (new)

Her mother released the breath that she had been holding in releif.

"Annalyn, I'm sorry. This just came as a great shock and I don't really know how to take it. I will help you in any way that I can. I still think that you should tell your father."

message 37: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (gltteryfun) (I posted as they posted. Sorry)

message 38: by Lara (new)

"I'll be there for moral support, but I can't tell him anything or he'll figure it out, which would be worse."

Her mother wrapped her arms around Annalyn and held her close.

message 39: by Hope (new)

Hope Annalyn loved it when her mother did that. She didn't do it often but when she did it was full of love.

message 40: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Annalyn and her mother went to the kitchen to cook dinner together. "We will tell your father while we are at the dinner table after we eat. There is no sense in spoiling his appetite by telling him before or during eating," explained her mother.

message 41: by Hope (new)

Hope "Of course, he would get really mad if we did!" Annalyn replied.

message 42: by Hope (new)

Hope " Oh help! Now he'll already be spoiled!" Annalyn complained.

message 43: by Hope (new)

Hope She hurried to assure herself that nothing was ruined yet and she needed to be patient with her father.

message 44: by Catamorandi (last edited Apr 25, 2009 07:40PM) (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) "Maybe it would be better to wait until we see each other in three days. It will be awfully hard to tell him when he will already be angry or upset. What do you think of that idea, Annalyn?" inquired the mother genuinely and gently.

message 45: by Hope (new)

Hope " I like it." Annalyn hurried to say.

message 46: by Lara (new)

((wait... what is her mother suggesting??))

message 47: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) ((They wait until the next time the three of them meet to tell her father.))

message 48: by Lara (new)

((oh got it...))

"What should we do until then?"

message 49: by Hope (new)

Hope " No! Then you can't prepare him not to hit me!" Annalyn was upset.

message 50: by Lara (new)

"I won't prepare him, but I can prevent him. I may not like the situation, but you are my daughter and I will protect you and the baby from harm." She said it with such conviction that Annalyn had to believe her.

« previous 1