The Mortal Instruments discussion

City of Glass Discussion

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Mar 23, 2009 11:39AM) (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments When we are done with City of Glass put your questions(if there are any) comments, and just freak out here. We won't judge we all screamed at pionts too, some more than others. ; P
Omg I can't believe that it's commimg out tomorrow!!

message 2: by Panda (new)

Panda (pandaink) | 84 comments i have finally read it, fastest book reading i have ever done in my life!!
HOW GOOD WAS IT!!!

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 10 comments Ok. I have my first question.. Can someone translate Romanian conversation that Jace had with Sebastian? I'm dying to know what he said to him.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) I know, I wanted to know what they were saying too!

Did anyone else catch the significance of the last page? I almost missed it. As I read it I was getting this odd sense of deja vu and then Clary says the fireworks look like angels falling out of the sky, and I thought, thats nice, CC is referencing Clary's dream, then I went, wait a minute. I looked back up read what Jace had said, and thought, no way, this is what she saw. All that time, I thought all of here dreams were omens about battles, Sebastian and Simon. I never thought they were good. In this particular dream, Jace falls out of the sky, lands behind her, says Clary, look, she looks up and sees fire that resembles angels falling from the sky. But it was a vision of her future. Jace is gifted to her from heaven and at the end, they are standing in the couryard, Jace behind her, he says, Clary, look, and she sees fireworks. Okay, sorry for the long post. I'm in full blown obsession here.

message 5: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Amy and Heather,
The Romanian translation for Sebastian and Jace's conversation is as follows:
Jace smiled. "[Why do you think I was listening to your conversation?:]."
Sebastian met his glance with a look of pleasant interest. "[You've been watching me since you got here:]," he replied. "[I can't tell if you don't like me or you're just this suspicious of everyone:]."

I got this off Cassandra's LiveJournal, so it's accurate. LOL, I am not talented enough to speak Romanian.

message 6: by Lavanya (last edited Mar 27, 2009 03:44PM) (new)

Lavanya Okay, this is slightly off topic, but since I have already expressed my feelings of COG on my review, and I've emailed CC about how brilliant I thought it was, I don't feel like posting my views here yet. I'll give a people a chance to read it before they stumble across spoilers.

BUT!!!
I do have some questions, and TMI super fans, please help!

1) Who are all the people (that we know of) that were in The Circle?
2)When did the Circle form, and when was the Uprising.
3)What is Valentine's physical description?

I know the answers are in the books, but I don't have time to go look them up myself, and I am afraid my answers aren't accurate.

Thanks!

I absolutely loved the characters in COG

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) 1. Stephen, Amatis, and Celine Herondale, Michael Wayland and his wife, Hodge Starkweather, Maryse and Robert Lightwood, Blackwell (no known first name),Pangborn (no known first name),Lucian Graymark A.K.A. Luke Garroway, Jocelyn Fairchild. Apparently Malachi, but as for the others, there isn't a listing.

2. The Uprising occured 15 years from the setting of City of Bones and the circle formed a few years prior to that.

3. Valentine is described as a large statured man with hard, yet delicate physical features. He has silver white hair and coal black eyes. He was described as handsome as well.

message 8: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Thanks Heather. I hope you found the Romanian translation to be helpful :)

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments The Romanian translation was helpful. Thanks!! And it was very funny. Leave it to Jace right? : P

message 10: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya I absolutely love the sarcasm in all three books, and the funny little jokes here and there. Leave it to Simon and Jace to know exactly what to say to make us crack up. I say we should make a list of all these ingenious moments ;)

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) Yes I did, thank you for posting it!
And I thought Clare's use of humor throughout the books was brilliant. It makes the characters all that more endearing and keeps the dialogue from becoming dull.

message 12: by Cait☮ (new)

Cait☮ | 15 comments Lavanya wrote: "I absolutely love the sarcasm in all three books, and the funny little jokes here and there. Leave it to Simon and Jace to know exactly what to say to make us crack up. I say we should make a list ..."

I love sarcasm. It made this series great

message 13: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Haha. Totally! The sarcasm is hilarious :D

So OMG I finally read City of Glass!!! IT WAS AMAZINGNESS!!! I'M SO HAPPY XD

message 14: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya Yay! I'm so happy for you! :) COG was, ahem, IS amazing!

message 15: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ YESSSS!!! I <3 it!! ^_^

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments When it was over I was like O_O
HOLY CRAP O_O
JACE AND CLARY O_O
ALEC AND MAGNUS O_O

THE WHOLE BOOK O_O

message 17: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I KNOWWWW!! *screams* ^^

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments OH and
Simon and Isabelle (Danm!) O_O

message 19: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ oh yeah ... awkward ... O.o lol

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments I Frikin LOVED that scene. I cracked up.

message 21: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ at the same time though it was a little weird like ... gee, isabelle, shouldn't you feel a little worse about max?? seemed to get over it pretty quickly ... >.< lol

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments She needed some cheering up then SIMON knocks at the door. I would have needed cheering up too. I mean it's nto like she could have played with jace

message 23: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ yeah but i mean her brother died ... it's not like you would be like "oh my brother died ... i need something to cheer me up!" but idk. isabelle's weird. lol.

message 24: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya No, I have to agree with you Brigid. It seemed weird when Isabelle was like "oh Simon, come cheer me up, cause that's exactly what I need since my brother died." But, I guess that's Isabelle's way of doing things.

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments Yah Izzy is a shadowhunter. I think that kind of sums it up.

message 26: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ She's also kinda shallow ... lol

message 27: by Lavanya (new)

Lavanya ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "She's also kinda shallow ... lol"

Definitely, but at least she is a good person!

message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments Yah, but I love Izzy! I think she got better the longer she was around Clary. Like she learned how to be "Human" with Clary around. Clary the most mundane of the mundanes, so Izzy got to see how "normal" girls act.

message 29: by Elle (last edited Apr 08, 2009 03:50PM) (new)

Elle i agree^ i think izzy just needed a distraction, she took max's death very hard.

OMG- when jace was killed i was like "WHAT?!!!" i kept thinking to myself, 'this cant be happening!' i was freaking out, lol. but then i figured something was gona bring him back because clare (i felt) kind of skimmed over the entire thing, clary wasnt acting the way i thought she would. therefore when she started to draw the rune into the sand i knew something had to give.

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ yeah. i like izzy too; i thought she was kinda snobby in the first book, but she got nicer as the series went along. :)

ohhmigoddd i freaked out at that part too!! i was like "cassandra clare i love you! why would you do this to meeee?? whyyy?? you wouldn't REALLY do this would you??!!" lol. yeah, but i seriously almost cried, i was like; omigossh she really killed off jace! NOOOO!! >.<

message 31: by Lavanya (last edited Apr 08, 2009 06:39PM) (new)

Lavanya By the way, Cassie has posted an awesome blog entry on her livejournal. She has pretty much answered all the questions people may possibly ask after reading COG. I encourage you guys to check it out. It's definitely worth it.

Edit:
Here is a link - http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com...
It's highly spoilery...

message 32: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ kewl! could you post a link?

message 33: by Xxdd_babyxx (new)

Xxdd_babyxx | 7 comments ah im trying not to read all these comments! haha i dont have the book yet and im diein to read the next one!!!!!!!!! is jace really clarys brother? ah dont tell me! haha

message 34: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ lol. i won't say anything ... lalala

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments We all had to go through the torture. You are just another addition to the casualties report. hehehe ; )

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I finally read it!
OMG Best book ever, I read it in like 2 days just because I HAD to know what was going to happen. Soo addictivly good.
Im soo glad that Jace and Clary arent related!!!!!!
And Im sooo glad Alec and Magnus finally got together!!!!!!
I love this series.

message 37: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ YAYYY!! i knowwww it was like the best thing ever ... i came home from school and it had arrived in the mail and i read until like midnight without stopping. omgggg it was sooo addicting and amazing and everything turned out PERFECTLY!!! EEEEEPPP!! :D

message 38: by Xxdd_babyxx (new)

Xxdd_babyxx | 7 comments eek!! i read in on the internet in 2 days as well =D its still not out here so ive been hunting across the net:P just finished it!:O and oh my god!! i think i seriously damaged my eye sight ...oh well it woz worth it:P is she coming out with more books?

message 39: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ yeah there's going to be another series called the Infernal Devices

message 40: by Lavanya (last edited May 27, 2009 08:44PM) (new)

Lavanya And the website for it is up and running. www.theinfernaldevices.com There is an awesome excerpt from it.

message 41: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) | 206 comments WOW! that excerpt was amazing! I can't wait for that book!

message 42: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ *jumps up and down happily* ^_^