UMF Mantor Library discussion

New Discoveries > April Discoveries

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bryce, Grand High Poobah (new)

Bryce (brycemoore) | 25 comments Mod
Here's a sneak peek at the upcoming books we'll be adding to our Discoveries Collection next month. Has anyone read any of these already? Have anything to say? Please share!

Pitch Black
Coraline
Life Sucks
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen The Black Dossier
A Chant to Soothe Wild Elephants
A Supremely Bad Idea Three Mad Birders and Their Quest to See It All
The Hunger Games
Skim
Daemon

I'll start comments off--the only book here that I've read is Coraline, one which I really enjoyed. I didn't get a chance to see the film (and I would have loved to have been able to see it in 3D, just for fun), but the book was fun and different. Very Gaiman. It's a fun fast read, and I recommend it.

message 2: by Molly (new)

Molly | 7 comments I'm so glad that we're getting a copy of The Hunger Games - it's wonderful! Truly hard to put down. I still think it's the best YA book I've read in quite a while.

message 3: by Bryce, Grand High Poobah (new)

Bryce (brycemoore) | 25 comments Mod
I hadn't heard about Hunger Games until I saw it pop up on the Discoveries List--I'll have to give it a gander when we finally put it out tomorrow.

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly | 7 comments Yes, I think you'll really like it, Bryce! I heard about it through Sarah, and then I saw that it was one of DD&G Booksellers' top picks for 2008. (The Kalikow Center is getting a copy too!)

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Potter | 1 comments I'd like to introduce myself a local writer, and a member of the Beloit Poetry Journal Board, with a new memoir about being a reader living in central Maine. It's called Tracing Paradise: Two Years in Harmony with John Milton. I live in Harmony, just north of Skowhegan, and think that your library group might be interested in a book centered so near to where you live.