Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

The Hobbit
This topic is about The Hobbit
Hobbit Discussion > final reactions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) What did you like and dislike? What things stuck out most in your memory? How did you feel about the book in general? Was it worth or not worth the time it took to read it?

message 2: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I love this book.. but last year when I re-read it I did want to just get it over with. Maybe I have read it too many times. What sticks out most in my memory is the scene with the trolls. Very neat! Another part that sticks out in my mind was when they had to ride in the barrels! I love that I own the illistrated edition. It makes the book even more fun to read, and is great for decorating my livingroom!

I hope that by reading it as a group read that others have fallen in love with the series as well. It is probably a lot of fun to read a long with a group and be able to discuss it after reading it for the first time.

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I loved it! It is the funnest book I have read in a long time. I really liked the barrels too. The trolls were funny. There is an awful lot of comic relief in this book. It builds up the plot to a peak and then relieves it with some comic scene. Gollum and the ring are what really stuck in my mind. I still don't think Bilbo asked a proper riddle, but if it had ended there, there wouldn't be any of the fun. Gollum is a weird one. I'm not sure I have figured him out yet. It was definitely worth the read. I will probably read it again and again. That is how much I loved it.

message 4: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (readingrat) | 24 comments This is one of those books of which I will always have fond memories.