Book of the month club discussion

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks > April: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod Notebook will be our first book. This will count as our book for April

message 2: by Nica (new)

Nica (nicajen) | 14 comments Mod
I was thinking...
Since we would like to discuss the book at least once a week, we can each make a goal to read at least three chapters per week and then discuss what we've read on day 7, read the next three chapters and then discuss on day 14, and so on. Of course, some of these chapters are really short, so we might want to change that up a bit. For instance, we could read the first three chapters for week 1, chapters 4-6 for week 2, chapters 7-11 for week 3, and then the very last chapter for week 4. Alternatively, it could be the first two chapters for week 1, chapters 3-5 for week 2, chapters 6-11 for week 3, and then (again) the very last chapter for week 4. Either of these distributes the pages out more evenly than just going three chapters at a time, but maybe going three at a time would be easier and less complicated?

What does everyone else think?

message 3: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod This sounds good to me... or since in this book the division of chapters is harder to find, we could just go by page numbers to save confusion. I am up for either way though. As I said before I am already on page 60, so I am very agreeable to whichever way you want to plan out our chapters or pages. Terry do you have any preference?

message 4: by Nica (new)

Nica (nicajen) | 14 comments Mod
Page numbers might not work; we might all have different versions of the book. I own the one marked ISBN 0-446-60523-9. It has 213 pages total.

message 5: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod that makes sense.... ok so which chapter way that you presented do you want to try? easier to remember but not evenly distributed or more evenly distrubited but more difficult to remember?;)

message 6: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod Wow! April is here already! Hey Zadi, we are reading the same version!!!:)... but since others may not... how about we go ahead and read (and discuss;) for this first week of April, the chapters: Miracles, Ghosts, and Reunion. (This is to page 78 in our version). Remember are goal is to at least contribute one remark a week!