Book of the month club discussion

Introductions > Hello All!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod Hello all! This book club was created because my friend Zadi and I wanted a place to discuss books. We live in different states and enjoy coming together to discuss like interests. We both have a lot of books on our shelves that we have been meaning to read, so this club is part of our pact to finally read those books. We look forward to meeting new people and hearing others input.
Kat

message 2: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod I am a stay at home mom with a 11 month old baby. I read mostly romance novels, so this club will help me read some different kinds of books. I am willing to try reading any fiction, but I really want to get some of the books off my shelves that have been sitting there with the best of intentions for years. I go by either Kat or Nikki (or Blarney;). I love to gab and I love books. You will notice that a lot of the books Zadi and I picked to start have been made into movies... This is because we also love movies.

message 3: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod Welcome Alicia to our group! We look forward to hearing from you!

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) Thank you! I joined because I saw you guys were reading The Notebook, I have had it on my shelves since I was in high school and never got around to reading it. Looks like you have some other great reads that have been on my "to be read" list for a long time.

message 5: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod Yup, it is funny how fast books pile up on the shelves despite the best of intentions. I go through my romance novels pretty quickly, but the rest just sit there.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! My name is Ashley and I'm an elementary school teacher living in Washington. I'm a single mom of 2 teenage boys and I love to read, read and read some more. I'm looking forward to reading some good books and discussing them.

message 7: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) Hi Ashley. Welcome to the group!

I realize that I never really introduced myself. My name is Alicia I just got married in October. I obviously love to read. When I am not reading I am walking my dog or working on the house. I have a BA in English and a certificate in Paralegal Studies, however I am an assistant to a financial advisor.
I am also trying to go through some of the books that have been sitting on my bookshelves for years.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I know what you mean about trying to get through those books. I tend to pick up paperbacks where ever I go.

message 9: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod Yeah, I volunteer at a used bookstore and they keep me very well stocked in books.

message 10: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod I see that we have some new people!!!! Welcome!!!!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay I am way behind! I will introduce myself as well! I am Amanda and I am Nikki's book tester and when she told me she started a group I decided I would join. I have been missing my English classes since I graduated in 2007 and this would give me the chance to talk about books with other people to keep my brain from getting mushy.

message 12: by Blarneygod (last edited Jun 16, 2009 08:18AM) (new)

Blarneygod Welcome Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!

message 13: by Laura-jayne (new)

Laura-jayne | 3 comments Hi guys,

My name is LAura-Jayne. I'm new to the site so still a little lost. I like the sound of your group though!

message 14: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod Welcome LAura-Jayne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Basically.... every year we vote on 12 books to read for that year... then every month we vote on which book of those 12 that we want to read.

Feel free though to post on any of the books we have read. I know of at least two others from this group who are behind on the reading, but plan to post on the previous books as they read them. If you have any suggestions on this group feel free to express them!

For July we are reading Little Women... Voting for August is currently open.

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hey everybody, my name is Ashley and I'm a college student and book addict. My goal is to open a bookstore so I'm studying business and I also have a book blog.

I found this website after seeing it mentioned on so many other book blogs and really liked the structure of this group. I've never been in a reading group and I think it looks like a lot of fun!

message 16: by Laura-jayne (new)

Laura-jayne | 3 comments Thats great guys! I love little women! Thank you for the welcome. And hello Ashley, I'm new too.

message 17: by Blarneygod (new)

Blarneygod Welcome Ahsley! I too have thought about running a bookstore... My friends own a use bookstore in town and I have though of buying it from them... but I am a full time mom and right now my 14 month old requires all of my attention. My baby and I do volunteer over there a couple of times a week to shelve books, just to get out of the house and do something.