Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Show my bookshelves when comparing books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Duncan (JPaulDuncan) | 52 comments I'd like to see the bookshelves I have a book on when looking at a friends bookshelves.

For example, I can look at my friends "read" bookshelf, see a list of the books, and see their rating compared to MY rating. Only, I do not see MY associated shelves that I've placed them in (I, of course, see theirs).

However, currently, I do see a "add to shelves" link - even for books I've added to my shelf and reviewed, but again, no listing of the shelves I've placed them on.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Paul, This is re the "add to shelves" link. When I have added a book, it says "edit shelves" then. So, I was thinking you should check when you see an "add to shelves" because maybe it's a book you think you've already added but you haven't yet? Unless we're talking about a different type page.

message 3: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 12269 comments Mod
Or perhaps they are different editions of the same book that should be combined and have not yet been. (You're a Librarian, so that should be an easy thing to fix.)

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul Duncan (JPaulDuncan) | 52 comments Well, I noticed it when I saw someone else had a book that I owned but had not indexed yet, so I rated it. My rating it automatically puts it in my "read" shelf, yet it didn't reflect that fact on my friends' shelf's list page (that's a mouthful).

I do, however, now notice that it says "edit shelves" versus "add to shelves", but I'd still like to see WHICH shelves.

message 5: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hey Paul,

When you click edit shelves, any shelf it is already on will be listed at the bottom of that list after 'remove from shelf:'.

This is admittedly not too clear, and we intend to fix this UI soonish.