Movies We've Just Watched discussion

The Orphanage/El Orphanato:SPOILER ALERT

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 42 comments I saw this movie last night. It was "presented" by Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth), not directed or written. This was easy to tell. There could have been more fantasy, more horror and more more more. SPOILER ALERT! I enjoyed it and found the story line to be similar to The Others and The Sixth Sense. It was heartwrenching and a bit sad. Not as scary as I had hoped, but there were some definitely cringe moments and some suspenseful scenes.

message 2: by Joel (new)

Joel | 6 comments Just saw it a few nights ago, and I disagree with some of what you have to say.

1) Just because he CAN do awesome fantasy, doesn't mean he should have to when putting together a story. I liked this story just the way it was.

2) There were a couple good make-everyone-in-the-theater-jump scares in this one that were well worth the price of admission.

message 3: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy (dmandujano) | 5 comments I just saw this film and I have to say I liked it a lot. It wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be (it did have a few scenes that will make you jump out of your seat though) but definitely a good story. Most of all I appreciate a film that isn't predictable - I didn't know where it was going. I love the fact that the actors were not 'glamorized'. Something foreign films do much better than America - actors who look like you and me.

message 4: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 469 comments I liked it a lot too.
Some creepy moments definitely.....

I agree, the movie was unpredictable and it steered away from the happy ending typical of Hollywood.

Well worth renting.

message 5: by Ceci (new)

Ceci (CeciAlbiceleste) | 529 comments A great, atmospheric film. I saw it at the cinema when it premiered a few years ago and really liked it. Also, Belén Rueda is one of my favorite actresses.

message 6: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta I loved this film. It reminded me of the feeling I got watching "The Changling" starring George C. Scott (which is my all time favorite ghost story).