Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > What are you eating? Or have eaten recently?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I'm curious about these kinds of things. I always imagine Jackie sipping hot tea while on here, and I imagine RA eats cereal like it is going out of style.

What foods do you find yourself eating at least every other day? Every week? What would you eat if you could, right now, this very minute?

Also, I'd like to add that we just got home after a week away, and I found some mushrooms in the fridge so I chopped them up and threw them in the spaghetti sauce. This might have been a bad idea, as my stomach is growling galore.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments :::looks around for Sally's spycam:::
I do love the tea.
As for food, for lunch I usually have a toasted wheatberry English muffin with something on top like cheese, tomato, and basil, but sometimes just peanut butter, with a banana on the side.
I eat apples and bananas pretty often, as they pack well for lunches, and you can eat them at your desk without getting too messy. I buy oranges, and then never eat them. It's sad.

message 3: by Knarik (new)

Knarik I eat a lot of apples, too. but i don't eat cheese at all.

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Wait ... put the dog to bed?

message 5: by Knarik (last edited Mar 19, 2009 09:56PM) (new)

Knarik it is amazing!you have done a great work!
I knew a man, whose dog was doing shopping for him. It was giving the paper with the names of the needed products, and money to the salesman, and brought all the shopping and change back to his owner.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments You take great care of Deon, Bunny. Have you ever had him do your shopping for you, like the dog Knarik has heard about?

message 7: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Dogs love that kind of routine, it's comforting to them. Your pup must know how much you love him (her?). :)

I am eating Popcorn Indiana Kettlecorn and wishing I could have a dark chocolate mocha to go with it. It's the little bit salty little bit sweet kind, and my way of trying to do better than a bunch of sweets or potato chips. I am a big midnight snacker.

But, I had to go into Walgreens today and mysteriously came out with chocolate covered marshmallow eggs and yellow Peeps. They must have jumped into my basket next to the yogurt. I hear there is a chocolate mousse variety, but haven't found it yet (must go peeps hunting this weekend).

Darn you holiday candy makers! ::shakes fist at heavens::

message 8: by Azure (new)

Azure | 3 comments At 10 P.M. I had a bagel with sour cream, some orange juice, and a bowl of cereal (Captain Crunch). I like eating random things at random times :).

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I eat cereal for breakfast just about every day. Won't go into kinds since we've been there, done that. I eat fruit every day. I love fruit.
There are always tamari almonds by my desk for snacking, and some super-dark chocolate for a pick-me-up.
Other than that, lunch is usually the previous night's dinner leftovers, and dinner is usually something delicious and homemade.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i like to eat a small bowl (ok, a monsta bowl) of ice cream in the evening as i am winding down. i will have to cut that out (or back) as i got on the scale recently and have YIKES! also i have a diet coke with a piece of lime in it at least once a day

wow Bun, your dog gets the spa treatment.

Knarik - i sent my dog out with a list and money and she came back with 2 pounds of bratwurst and a Animal Planet DVD

message 11: by Nuri (new)

Nuri (nools) | 538 comments I eat as much fruit as I can get. Blueberries and frozen mangoes (the kind from Trader Joes) have been my favorite lately. I also like a good fuji apple (or gala) and both Asian/American(? or just not Asian?) pears. And tangerines. And fresh pineapple. In the summer (coming soon!), I am never without watermelon. I... just really like fruit. : )

I also like grape juice, green tea, and hot chocolate. I could use some cocoa nowwww...

message 12: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) I buy Asian Pears whenever I see them in the store.

message 13: by Nuri (last edited Mar 20, 2009 05:32AM) (new)

Nuri (nools) | 538 comments I sweet-talk my parents into getting them whenever I'm home and they're in season. I eat them like apples, although my old-fashioned mother will criticize me for eating my fruit "like a Yankee" (?!?), by which I think she means the way I eat around the core directly, rather than daintily peeling the skin and cutting it into forkable pieces (like a good Korean housewife-to-be... :/). I happen to like the skin best, is all.

My favorites are the giant ones nearly the size of my head, crisp and delicious, that show up in the wintertime. I can very happily while away an afternoon eating one of those over a book.

message 14: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) I had no idea Asian Pears got that big. I usually wolf one or two down at a sitting. Who has time to cut fruit into pieces?

message 15: by Nuri (last edited Mar 20, 2009 05:40AM) (new)

Nuri (nools) | 538 comments Right? That's what I'm saying. : ) (Besides, you can never quite cut off all good parts with a knife.)

I've only ever seen the big kind in Korean/Asian grocery stores.

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments either you have some big pears in CA or a small head :)

Nools - i love fuji apples too. i have one beside my desk now. they sort of taste of vanilla

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Cereal never goes out of style!

I don't like pears. I've tried to like pears. But I've failed.

I drink both iced and hot tea...I like the ritual of putting the tea in the little bag and boiling it, then using the bag to make iced tea...

message 18: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) Randomanthony wrote: "Cereal never goes out of style!

I don't like pears. I've tried to like pears. But I've failed.

I drink both iced and hot tea...I like the ritual of putting the tea in the little bag and boiling..."

Asian Pears are by far superior to regular ones. They combine the best features of both apples and pears into one fruit.

For some reason, I like hot tea but not iced tea.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I've also tried and failed to like pears, although the asian ones at the farmer's market early this past fall made a good argument for their appeal.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I love Asian and Anjou pears, Nools! The yellow ones at the grocery store make me cringe.

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) The only thing I consume daily is coffee. For lunch, since I am home, I usually make some sort of sandwich, although sometimes I'll opt for baked chicken strips. I'm not big on leftovers but there are a few things that I think are actually better reheated (like lasagna and enchiladas and other casserole-type baked and saucy items).

I am sorry to say that I used to eat a lot of fast food. (Two or three times a week.) But since we've been unemployed and saving money, we haven't been eating out. That, combined with my weekly dance class, has helped me lose a little weight.

What would I be eating right now if I could? Cheese enchiladas, rice, and beans from my favorite Crappy Mexican place. And it's not even 10 AM. But I'm craving them something terrible.

message 22: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i just had a chicken breast and some pineapple for lunch. man, coulda used a burrito...

i could eat taco bell every other day easily

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

I neglected to articulate that the boomers were sooper slimy. ick.

How about roasted pears? Last weekend, whilst camping, we cut up pears and put them in little foil packets with brown sugar and butter. Then we nestled them into the hot coals.

Delish!

message 24: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments sally, you are even cooler than i suspected

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

:D

Do you want to hear about what we had for breakfast?

message 26: by Sally, la reina (new)

Hm, ok. I won't tell.

But now that somebody here mentioned fried chicken I'm going bananas for some KFC. With mashed potatoes and that salt-syrup they call gravy.

message 27: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i want pecan pancakes

message 28: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) What did you have for breakfast, Sally?

message 29: by Heidi (last edited Mar 20, 2009 11:46AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I just ate THE best lunch ever (see Twitter for TC thread)!!! And followed it up with dessert that I shared with my friend (because I'm nice) - apple/pecan bread pudding, drizzled with melty white and dark chocolate and a rum sauce. YUM! We didn't even leave any crumbs! AND the Brazilian iced tea is to die for... chimarrão, I think it is?

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Sally, did you pee standing up whilst camping?

message 31: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yeah?

message 32: by Sally, la reina (new)

Well, it was a bit chilly for nudity. And it was a rawther crowded camping area. I did fall down trying to get off into the woods to find a secluded spot - none of us remembered flashlights.

message 33: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 158 comments I have my daily iced coffee...and lately I have been eating cheese every day also...right now I am eating carrots and french onion dip.

And Sally, I am kinda jealous that you are already camping...it is still way too cold around here for us to go...

message 34: by Sally, la reina (new)

It got pretty darn cold that night in the Santa Cruz mountains, but I sleep like a rock inside a warm down bag when the air outside the tent is chilly.

I'm drinking honey vanilla chamomile tea and feeling very Jackie-esque.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Are you also salsa dancing and singing "What's New, Buenos Aires"?

message 36: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm not that far into the Jackie persona, I must admit.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Even I'm not doing that.

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "Even I'm not doing that. "

Don't burst my bubble, Jackie.

message 39: by Sally, la reina (new)

*sweeps up the shards of Sarah's bubble*

message 40: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Careful. That stuff will cut you.

message 41: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Mar 20, 2009 03:14PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Okay, well, I'm dancing, right? But I'm not singing, I'm just humming, because I don't know the words. Except the "Buenos Aires" part, of course.

That's all I meant, Sally. And Sarah.

message 42: by Sally, la reina (new)

That's all she's trying to say! That's all, she says.

message 43: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments A cinnamon scone with a cup of Earl Grey (Sainsbury's).

message 44: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I've been drinking this peach detox tea from Yogi...damn, it's strong. But it's good.

message 45: by Sally, la reina (new)

Do you have a drug test coming up, friend?

I'm currently drinking raspberry lemonade and eating popcorn with balsamic and Parmesan.

message 46: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No drug test! Just trying to get healthier...

Rasberry lemonade sounds good.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I am not enjoying a Diet Coke.

message 48: by Sally, la reina (new)

You know, Jackie, I used to devour those. Now they just taste like carbonated arsenic sometimes.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments If I were home, it would be tea, Sally. I really should keep some milk here at work (I always have milk and sugar in my tea).
Last time I tried that, it went bad really fast, but that was at my old position, where the fridge was never cold enough. Maybe here, it would work.

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Popcorn with garlic salt and Parmesan is good, too.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.