Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

Antarctica's Hidden History: Corporate Foundations of Secret Space Programs
This topic is about Antarctica's Hidden History
MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS > Antarctica - what goes on down there?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Anyone know much about the conspiracies/rumors about this massive continent?

I think over half of Antarctica is off limits to tourists/adventurers.

Operation Highjump is worth looking into. Was a mission just after WW2. Lead by Admiral Byrd. Some say they discovered weird shit down in Antarctica - Nazi colony, ancient aliens etc - others dismiss these as far out conspiracy theories.

Whatever the truth, I wonder what occurs down in the remote stations in Antarctica with scientists there.

message 2: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments It must be an untapped continent of mineral riches, I would've thought...

But also, it strikes me as the perfect place to conduct secretive scientific research...Stuff that's too sensitive, or unethical, in populated parts of the world.

However, possibly I'm letting my imagination fly too much or else I watched one too many X-Files episodes in my youth ;)

message 3: by Martin (new)

Martin Hill (martinroyhill) | 123 comments James Morcan wrote: "It must be an untapped continent of mineral riches, I would've thought...

But also, it strikes me as the perfect place to conduct secretive scientific research...Stuff that's too sensitive, or une..."

Thriller author James Rollins latest Sigma Force novel, The 6th Extinction, is based on some of the mysteries surrounding Antarctica. It's a good read. It even has a secret underground research base.
The 6th Extinction (Sigma Force, #10) by James Rollins

message 4: by Martin (new)

Martin Hill (martinroyhill) | 123 comments James Morcan wrote: "Anyone know much about the conspiracies/rumors about this massive continent?

I think over half of Antarctica is off limits to tourists/adventurers.

Operation Highjump is worth looking into. Was a..."

The Nazis actually had a research group in Antarctica in the late 1930s, and named a portion of the continent New Swabia. That was the basis for all the rumors about a secret Nazi U-boat/UFO/whatever rumors in the region. Whether they had a more enduring presence in Antarctica, I don't know. But I do know that the remnants of a secret Arctic Nazi U-boat base were found many years after WWII in, of all places, the northernmost reaches of Russia!

message 5: by Faith (last edited Jul 09, 2015 09:16AM) (new)

Faith (Faymorrow) | 309 comments :O Oh. My. Goodness. Guys, I propose a new dino theory...

THE OFF-LIMITS PARTS OF ANTARCITCA, ARE WHERE THE DINOSAURS WENT!?
Just think about it...

message 6: by Bhakta (new)

Bhakta Mailloux | 1 comments Some say that with modern hands on research, uncontrolled exploration of Antarctica would expose many false "facts" about the size and shape of our planet.

message 7: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Bhakta wrote: "Some say that with modern hands on research, uncontrolled exploration of Antarctica would expose many false "facts" about the size and shape of our planet."

Are you getting into Flat Earth theories there?
Or Hollow Earth?

message 8: by Luke (new)

Luke Ahearn | 1 comments I just watched a documentary last night about Antarctica. I've always been fascinated by it. It's an enormous place that's more like another planet in many respects. The doc I watched was on the regular people that go down there to work the regular jobs that need to be done. A totally different view of the place and quite interesting.

Luke

message 9: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments What is happening at the South Pole: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tie...

Article excerpt:
In recent weeks, a series of disturbing and mysterious reports have been coming out of Antarctica, centered around a strange "anomaly" recently detected on that perpetually frozen Continent. The stories, covered extensively by internet news sources (like Kent Steadman’s Cyberspace Orbit site), draw eerie parallels to material as diverse as a French novel, the "X-Files" movie, and as we shall see, even Arthur C. Clarke’s "2001 - A Space Odyssey."

message 10: by Feliks (last edited Dec 12, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) I always loved those 'hidden world under Antarctica' movies starring Doug McClure. 'Land that Time Forgot' or whatever it was called. Not sure if it was from Edgar Rice Burroughs or no. Anyway, in one installment, McClure and some other passengers are in a lifeboat after having been torpedoed by wolfpack captain Peter Cushing. McClure siezes control of the U-boat and they penetrate the archaic landscape under the ice.

message 11: by Feliks (last edited Dec 13, 2016 08:02AM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) There used to also be a cult of 'moon-fear' theories; positing that there was a vanished culture on the moon which our lunar landers ostensibly can never really encounter directly but which nonetheless is still present.

The entertaining works of paranormal, hoax, and pseudo-science-following journalist Frank Edwards usually have all the skinny on these matters. If you want to read about Bigfoot, Peter Hurkos, and Edgar Cayce these books are for you.
Strange World
Stranger Than Science
Strange People

message 12: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Major world figures keep visiting Antarctica lately, which I find a bit odd... So I do think something classified is going on down there at the bottom of the world.

However, I'm not sure about the following story, but I'll add it as food for thought...

Author, lecturer, and researcher of ancient civilizations, David Wilcock joined Jimmy Church for a discussion on recent discoveries indicating Antarctica may actually have been Atlantis. Wilcock says he is in contact with "at least two insiders who directly advise Presidents of the United States" who have been steadily feeding him "Cosmic Top Secret" information for many years. He claimed that this information is not revealed to Presidents because they could slip up or be forced to tell the public what they know. He believes that there is a global power struggle going on that has reached a critical stage and made many elites start to scramble for safety. Wilcock observed that the last few months of 2016 saw many stories about interest in and trips to Antarctica by individuals such as Buzz Aldrin and John Kerry. He says that there are military bases under the ice in caves that were constructed by the Nazis in 1939 and where they also discovered the ruins of an advanced civilization.

See the full story here: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/20...

message 13: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) I wish a lot of major world figures would go down to Antarctica and stay down there

message 14: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Feliks wrote: "I wish a lot of major world figures would go down to Antarctica and stay down there"

Hahaha!

message 16: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments …AND THE NEXT VISITOR TO ANTARCTICA IS… https://gizadeathstar.com/2017/02/nex...

And the next visitor to Antarctica is...

........... The Russian Baltic Fleet! (Applause):

Ships of Russian Baltic Fleet to make voyage to Antarctica this year

...uhm... er... really? I mean... really!?

Now, as I recall, the last time the Russians sent their Baltic Fleet on this kind of half-way-round-the-world junket was in 1905 during the Russo-Japanese war, whereupon Japanese Admiral Togo promptly sank it in the Tsushima straits. Of course, when it comes to the modern Baltic Fleet, the TASS article reassures us that this is all "perfectly" normal and just part of the Baltic Fleet's usual schedule of voyages and drills and "showing the flag":

Ships of Russia’s Baltic Fleet, one of the major regional divisions of the Navy, will make several long-distance voyages this year, including a voyage to Antarctica, the official spokesman for the Fleet, Roman Martov told TASS.

"The ships of the fleet are to make long-distance voyages to the North Sea, to the Mediterranean, to Antarctica, and to other areas of the world ocean this year," he said without specifying the ships that would take part in them, as the voyages were still in the phase of planning.

Martov recalled that the oceanic survey vessel of the Baltic Fleet, the Admiral Vladimirsky, did an Antarctic voyage from November 2015 through to April 2016, for the first time in thirty years.

He pointed out a constant expansion of the geography of voyages, saying that ships of the Baltic Fleet performed assignments in the Caribbean, North, Black, and Mediterranean Seas, as well as in the Atlantic and Indian Oceans in 2016.

Nothing to be concerned about or see here; just routine stuff... move along. Dosvuydanye.

Of course, we note that the "oceanic survey vessel", the Admiral Vladimirsky, was in the Antarctic doing oceanic surveys (presumably) just a few months before the Patriarch of Moscow's visit to bless the snow and penguins. And, let's be fair, I remember the days when "Russian survey vessels" meant big ships bristling like a porcupine with all manner of antennae and electronic equipment to eavesdrop on Western communications. So let's assume the Admiral Vladimirsky is one such vessel. Oh, look, why, it is just such a ship, and oh, look where it was before it sailed off for Antarctica:

Did You Read: New Video Dialogue: The Ritual of Political Assassination and the Fiscal Throne
Russian Ocean Research Ship Leaves Saudi Arabia Port for Antarctica

In the latter article we're informed that the Admiral Vladimirsky was conducting a "hydrographic campaign" in Antarctica waters.

A campaign? I can't help but think the military language here is deliberate, and suggestive. A campaign of what? Against, or about, whom? A glance at the Vladimirsky shows it is not a warship, but rather looks like what the Russians say it is: a "survey" ship, complete with bristling antennae and other equipment. Now I find it interesting because, of course, there was that internet story last year that maintained the the (out)House of Saud had found "something" near the Grand Mosque in Mecca, and that this had so scared the you-kn0w-what out of the Saudis that they contacted the Russians to take it to Antarctica, and bury it. The story has it that the Patriarch was supposed to have performed "ancient rituals" over the object.

Now, I'm not buying that story for a moment, not the least because its provenance was questionable, which it remains. But then who was the Admiral Vladimirsky listening to in Antarctica? Everyone else with stations there? Or "someone else"? Or was it listening to anyone at all? If not, what sort of "hydrographic campaign" was it on? and let us note, after the Vladimirsky's previous visit, we then had the visits of Kiril III, John Kerry, and Buzz Aldrin.

What's intriguing in the TASS article is the suggestion that the next visit to Antarctica will include ships - plural - of the Baltic Fleet, not just the Admiral Vladimirsky. Which prompts the question, what kind of ships and how many? And why such a move in a time of still-tense relationships between the West and Russia? And what is so important down in Antarctica that it requires the presence of elements of Russia's Baltic Fleet?

I don't know about you, but I hope the Russian expedition fares better than Admiral Rozhestvenski's did against Admiral Togo.

FULL ARTICLE HERE: https://gizadeathstar.com/2017/02/nex...

message 17: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Hidden in Antartica a Naval Officer tells us Exactly What He Saw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMybJ...

message 18: by James, Group Founder (new)

message 19: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments "Admiral Byrd was quoted as saying. However, the basic objectives were not diplomatic, scientific or economic -- they were military. OPERATION HIGHJUMP was, and to this day still is, the largest Antarctic expedition ever organized. Admiral Byrd's comments in his press release of November 12, 1946, stated that " . . . the purposes of the operation are primarily of a military nature, that is to train naval personnel and to test ships, planes and equipment under frigid zone conditions. . . A major purpose of the expedition is to learn how the Navy's standard, everyday equipment will perform under everyday conditions". The Soviets were paying close attention to this project and editorialized in their naval journal, Red Fleet, following Byrd's press conference that "U.S. measures in Antarctica testify that American military circles are seeking to subject the [polar] regions to their control and to create there permanent bases for their armed forces".

Quoted from http://www.south-pole.com/p0000150.htm

message 20: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments WHAT’S UP DOWN THERE IN ANTARCTICA? https://gizadeathstar.com/2017/05/wha...

By now, we can probably recite the list of strange people associated with Antartica by heart:

(1) Rudolf Hess, (2) Hermann Goering, (3) Admiral Byrd, (4) King Juan Carlos, (5) Prince Harry (or was it William... they all look the same), (6) Secretary of State John Kerry, (7) the Patriarch of Moscow, Kiril III, (8) Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin, and, lest we forget, the elements of the Russian Baltic Sea Fleet are scheduled for a visit.

message 21: by Harry (new)

Harry Whitewolf | 1743 comments James wrote: "(5) Prince Harry (or was it William... they all look the same)"

Oh come on - we all know that Prince Harry looks nothing like his family, but is the spitting image of his real dad James Hewitt. ;)

message 22: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Harry comments on Prince Harry and informs James about James Hewitt (insert sarcasm here!)

message 23: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Wow, if you wanna know what's likely to be happening in Antarctica, I really recommend watching this brilliant documentary which sticks to the facts (lots of "underground knowledge in this video!):

The Real Secrets Hidden in Antarctica... Revealed https://www.goodreads.com/videos/1204...

message 24: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Here it is guys...Antarctica, the forgotten continent: https://www.goodreads.com/photo/group...

message 25: by James, Group Founder (last edited May 18, 2017 06:38AM) (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments The Antarctic Treaty https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarct...

Many of the elite appear to believe that the Antartic Treaty was a bold move by politicians in the late 50s/early 60s...On the surface, it seemed to be a model to create a fairer world and protect the planet for future generations...However, I also think that the concept of "no military projects" within that treaty can easily be manipulated...For example, US military defense contractors like Lockheed Martin and Raytheon have both had multi-billion dollar US govt Antarctica contracts whose aims are stated ambiguously as "furthering US science" (whatever that means). I also don't think it's right that all satellite images of the military bases in Antarctica are blurred out on Google Earth and by NASA -- especially if the only military personnel in Antarctica are just conducting peaceful non-military scientific research (as stipulated in the Antarctic Treaty).

I recently reached out to a former Lockheed Martin scientist who has worked extensively in Antarctica I asked him why all these world leaders have been visiting Antarctica lately. He replied by saying that he would guess it relates to the Antarctic Treaty which expires in 2048. To which I replied (as his explanation didn't add to me): "So you are saying a treaty that expires in 31 years time is the reason for the vast increase in Antarctica visits by world leaders in the last 12-18 months?"
This scientist then told me if I can travel down to Antarctica he would like to film a documentary with me and answer any further questions I have. Perhaps as a former Lockheed employee he cannot share much more information (depending on what classified clearance he has). He ended the discussion cryptically by saying "watch out for future changes to come"...No idea what he meant by that.

Anyway, I suspect something else, something extraordinary, must be going on down in Antarctica for all these world leaders to be travelling way down there. Perhaps it's not something secretive, but merely an environmental concern, although my gut instinct tells me it's more likely to be about "classified military projects"...After all, Antarctica would obviously be the perfect place on Earth to develop the most advanced military science in total secrecy (a bit like projects the US government conducted in Greenland during the Cold War without Denmark's knowledge e.g. the now declassified Project Iceworm https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... ).

Therefore, I have some concerns about Antarctica for the above reasons. I'm also worried that so much of the continent is off-limits to regular citizens...I understand there is a desire to protect the continent, but having 99.9% of a continent larger than mainland America off-limits seems extreme even for the most hardcore environmentalist policy makers...In other words, the secrecy surrounding Antarctica seems to be about more than protecting the penguins...

I acknowledge I may be reading too much into certain things. Also, you may be able to ascertain that I do not always trust official statements - history often shows there is so much propaganda to easily trust. Call me cynical of the powers that be, but like many citizens around the world in 2017 I've virtually lost all faith in politicians to do the right thing. And that includes their management of Antarctica.

message 26: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 939 comments I think part of the problem with Antarctica is that if you go there, you will almost certainly go to the edge. Global warming is a real problem there. Some of the big glaciers are developing bottom melt, and a lot of it could slide off into the sea. Another problem is that people going down there tend to get into trouble, and it is very expensive to rescue them. I suspect part of the reason for avoiding too many tourists there is to avoid some major politically undesirable consequences of their being there.

message 27: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments DAILY MAIL: Is there a Nazi UFO site buried in the Antarctic? Bizarre theory claims base is hidden in mysterious 150-mile anomaly http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetec...

THE SUN: THE 'LOST CITY' OF ANTARCTICA Shock claims massive ancient civilisation lies frozen beneath mile of Antarctic ice – and could even be Atlantis https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2380220...

message 28: by George (new)

George | 13 comments Ian: global warming . . . seriously?

Anyway, I had not realized all the red tape surrounding Antarctica. It certainly raises suspicion. There seems to be an unnatural amount of interest by powers that be, and an unnecessary amount secrecy for something claimed to be an environmental reserve. Also, what are they preserving there? How much life is really supported by the Antarctic continent? I wonder if we will get any hard data regarding the goings on down there, or if this will all remain speculation . . .

message 29: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 939 comments There are a whole lot of scientists down there that know they are on to a good thing as far as grants for research goes. They will study the place for as long as the money keeps flowing.

message 30: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Think it's a lot bigger than just some scientists getting grants...

message 31: by Troy (last edited May 31, 2017 08:46PM) (new)

Troy Beals | 22 comments I have always wondered what has been going on down there. I have a buddy that has been down several times and the answer I always get is, Scientific Stuff. I don't want specifics but more than vague generalized answers would be nice. I've read a lot on High jump but that too is either unfounded alarmist stuff or more vague crap. It would be nice for one definite article on Antarctica to come out by a reputable source.

message 32: by Hamilton (last edited Jun 01, 2017 05:33AM) (new)

Hamilton Carter | 6 comments My favorite conspiracy surrounding Antarctica is that Michael Gladych of Project Artichoke fame was also one of Richard Byrd's biographers. Admiral Byrd of Antarctica

message 33: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Hamilton wrote: "My favorite conspiracy surrounding Antarctica is that Michael Gladych of Project Artichoke fame was also one of Richard Byrd's biographers. Admiral Byrd of Antarctica"

Thanks Hamilton - Hadn't realized there was a Project Artichoke-Byrd-Antarctica connection.

message 34: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Troy wrote: "I have always wondered what has been going on down there. I have a buddy that has been down several times and the answer I always get is, Scientific Stuff. I don't want specifics but more than vague generalized answers would be nice. I've read a lot on High jump but that too is either unfounded alarmist stuff or more vague crap. It would be nice for one definite article on Antarctica to come out by a reputable source. ..."

Troy, I know exactly what you mean. There are mostly rumors about Antarctica. However, one thing we know for sure is a lot of world leaders, royals, Vatican high priests and elite businessmen have been making the long trip down to Antarctica within the last 12-18 months. We also know major US military contractors like Lockheed Martin and Raytheon are based down there with billion-dollar contracts, supposedly to "further US science", whatever that means.

The best video I have come across in terms of speculation at least inspired by facts is this one (and it's surprising how many underreported facts there are about Antarctica's history):

The Real Secrets Hidden in Antarctica... Revealed https://www.goodreads.com/videos/1204...

Meanwhile, let's all keep searching for the definitive "smoking gun" re Antarctica :)

message 35: by Angela (new)

Angela (anbald) | 9 comments What's the name of the documentary on Antarctica?

message 36: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments "The Real Secrets Hidden in Antarctica...Revealed" is the title.
It's just an amateur documentary created by the husband and wife team who founded TruthStream Media which you may have heard of. Here's the link to the video again: https://www.goodreads.com/videos/1204...

message 37: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Graham Hancock Explains Ancient Antarctica Maps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK19m...

message 38: by Hyrum (new)

Hyrum (sewahatchi) | 11 comments I see tons of mis/disinformation about antarctica. To me, this is a big red flag, an indication the intelligence agencies want to hide something at the behest of their employers.

message 39: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Hess and the Penguins: The Holocaust, Antarctica and the Strange Case of Rudolf Hess by Joseph P Farrell:

ursuing his investigations of WWII machinations, secret international agreements, breakaway civilizations and hidden wars in Antarctica, author and researcher Joseph P. Farrell examines the continuing mystery of Rudolf Hess, his sudden flight to Scotland, his supposed imprisonment at Spandau Prison in Berlin and how his flight affected affairs in Europe, Israel, Antarctica and elsewhere. Farrell looks at Hess' mission to make peace with Britain and get rid of Hitler--even a plot to fly Hitler to Britain for capture! How much did Goring and Hitler know of Rudolf Hess' subversive plot, and what happened to Hess? Why was a doppleganger put in Spandau Prison and then "suicided"? Did the British use an early form of mind control on Hess' double? John Foster Dulles of the OSS and CIA suspected as much. Farrell also uncovers the strange death of Admiral Richard Byrd's son in 1988, about the same time of the death of Hess. What was Hess' connection to Antarctica? It is Farrell at his best--uncovering the special operations and still-secret activities of WWII and the breakaway civilization.

message 40: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments "...the presence of neutrino detectors and neutrinos themselves at the south pole does mean one very important thing: Antarctica just became even stranger."

NEUTRINOS AND ALL THAT ANTARCTIC STRANGENESS https://gizadeathstar.com/2017/10/neu...

message 41: by Lance (new)

Lance (lancegilbert) | 2 comments Station 211....4th Reich. Supposedly they received help from the Aldebarran aliens. Who knows for sure...fascination subject though. All of those bases and weather stations aren't just there for research. They are keeping an eye on 211 which is connected to an inner-earth portal....

message 42: by Lance (new)

Lance (lancegilbert) | 2 comments Supposedly the pole is temperate, kept reasonably warm by volcanic activity deep below..

message 43: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Operation Highjump Newly Acquired (UFO) Photos from Anonymous Sender https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtcwf...

Photos from February 1947 Byrd Expedition to Antarctica - UFOs? “I do not want to scare anybody but the bitter reality is that in the event of a new war, the United States will be attacked by aircraft flying in from over one or both poles.” - Admiral Richard E. Byrd, U. S. Navy, mysteriously terminated Operation Highjump Antarctic Expedition at end of February 1947, six months early
Source: https://nexusnewsfeed.com

message 44: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 4 comments Luke wrote: "I just watched a documentary last night about Antarctica. I've always been fascinated by it. It's an enormous place that's more like another planet in many respects. The doc I watched was on the re..."

I might have watched the same doc on Netflix. It was pretty interesting but seemed like a tough life to live there year round.

message 45: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments A new release book...

Antarctica's Hidden History: Corporate Foundations of Secret Space Programs

Antarctica is a land about to be exposed over its well-guarded secrets and ancient hidden mysteries …

In 1955, as a result of a secret agreement reached between the Eisenhower Administration and a German breakaway group in Antarctica, a transnational corporate space program began to emerge. The secret infusion of personnel and resources from US military contractors into Antarctica allowed this transnational corporate program to steadily grow into a major space power, which would eventually surpass and eclipse the secret space programs run by the US Navy, Air Force, and the classified space programs of other nations. Whistleblower claims substantiate that many of the classified programs conducted there violate the 1961 Antarctic Treaty, and constitute “crimes against humanity” due to the abuse of a captive slave labor force. Dr. Michael Salla daringly exposes the major corporations involved in these illegal programs, and how the truth is hidden from company shareholders and the public. Today, Antarctica’s secrets are slowly being revealed by the increasing volcanic activity that is melting the massive ice shelves, exposing ancient artifacts and crashed extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Full disclosure of Antarctica’s history, and current events involving multiple space programs and transnational corporations, will vitally aid in transforming our planet, and prepare humanity for the major geological events that lie ahead as the melting ice unveils all that has previously been hidden.

Antarctica's Hidden History Corporate Foundations of Secret Space Programs by Michael Salla

message 46: by James, Group Founder (last edited Mar 28, 2018 03:42AM) (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Here's a lecture the author gave for the above book...

Dr Michael Salla - Antarctica’s Hidden History and the Evolution of Secret Space Programs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNcnu...

And he appeared on Coast to Coast recently...

COAST TO COAST AM - March 04 2018 - ANTARCTICA'S HIDDEN HISTORY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9BEY...

message 47: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments Antarctica’s greatest mysteries, from lost civilisations to a secret Nazi space base http://www.news.com.au/technology/env...
IT is the last great unexplored wilderness on the face of our planet and it’s shrouded in icy mysteries.

message 48: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Hernandez | 4 comments MAMMOTHS

message 49: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments South Pole Ice Tunnels https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/s...
These passages carved from the Antarctic ice hold strange shrines to the harsh southernmost climes.

Excerpts:

Founded as a small research base at the South Pole in 1956, Amundsen-Scott Station has developed into a thriving research hub sometimes housing hundreds of science and support personnel at a time. What originally began as a cluster of wooden buildings has progressed into a state-of-the-art network of facilities designed to support scientific operations while mitigating the effects of the harsh Antarctic environment on its inhabitants.

What many do not know, however, is that beneath the expanse of high-tech buildings, communications facilities, and even an airport complete with an ice runway, there lies a complex web of tunnels carved out of the ice itself.

message 50: by James, Group Founder (new)

James Morcan | 9005 comments MORE ANTICS IN ANTARCTICA…? https://gizadeathstar.com/2018/05/mor...

« previous 1