Group of Unfortunate Events discussion

Stuff > The movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 134 (134 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

Emma the Dork (cheesehead) | 333 comments Mod
i thought they really screwed up the movie, the ending and aunt josephine and especially the fact that jude law was the narrator i was like WHAT??? well yeah but it was just awful! i didn't like it but hey thats me! how about you??

message 2: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do it was dume

message 3: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

yeah totally

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

they completely changed it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i think they should make more movies about the rest of the books though.

message 6: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

idk....people wouldn't want to watch them because the ending of the actual series is so sad...

message 7: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 167 comments Mod
the ending of ALL the books are sad, but personally i'd rather they didn't just because i'm afraid they'll screw em up...

message 8: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments oh, if they stuck to the books, i would totally watch them.... but yeah, i typed like a page-long detailed response to me and then hit post, just as our internet cut out cuz it was raining..... so yeah, i'm mad at it. and basically my point was, i thought the casting was awesome, but the story was way different.... jim carrey was perfect!!

message 9: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

yeah jim carrey was AWESOME but i didn't like sunny or klaus. klaus was way too cute and non-nerdy and sunny could walk and wasn't wearing a onesie like she always is in the book illustrations.

message 10: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

lolz, she izzn't wearing a onesie...a onesie is like an undershirt with snaps, she's wearing a nightgown, but yeah...i totally know what you mean, i don't like how they changed their outfits so much.

message 11: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments violet was awesome, sunny was good, klaus definitely could've been nerdier, but whatever.... mr poe was perfect.... justice strauss had the same, annoying, it-should-be-illegal-to-be-that-optimistic-and-happy persoality as i remember from the first book, so she was good.... uncle monty was awesome.... aunt josephine was ENFURIATING, so pretty much perfect.... yeah, i'd say casting was great, the costume's were weird, although olaf's seemed..... i dunno, they fit his personality.... and the story was moderately butchered..... overall i liked it though.... i love the commentary with the director and daniel handler..... hahaha.... oh, and all the littlest elf references.... wasn't that from the autobiography? haha, my cousin used to listen to that song on the soundtrack when he was cleaning his room.... this was when he was like 15... O.o yyyeah... anywayz...

message 12: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments whoa, that was kinda long.... and ramble-y....

message 13: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

violet was pretty good, sunny was cute but i had to warm up to her...i would have prefered a not-blond sunny...klaus was good, just not quite the same as the books, mr poe was exact casting, but he was probably easier, justice strauss was good too, i hated uncle monty but i hated him in the books as well...aunt josephine i thought was horrible, but i guess she was alright, it was a tough part...the costumes for the BAD people were great, but ONLY for the bad people. i mean, they were fine all around, but they totally gave the movie a different feel then the books.
OMG we only have it on VHS, i've never seen the commentary!!

message 14: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

sunny was totally non-sunny for me. SHE COULD WALK!! WTH?? and they skipped olaf's best minions, which sucked. and mr. poe was perfect, but i hated sunny the whole time, and klaus. they totally screwed up uncle monty with the whole "my family died in a fire" thing. and there was no Zombies in the Snow movie! i was furious! but i love when olaf is like, "yes i graduated and am studying the sea snake at the, er, monterey bay aquarium" its FUNNY!!

all in all, they totally screwed the plot. which is EXACTLY why you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER x100 make movies out of books!! look at the evidence!!

harry potter 12345, AHHHHHHHHH SOOOOO BADDD ESPECIALLY #5!!!

eragon, haven't read or seen the movie, but people were furious so there you go.

inkheart. they TOTALLY screwed up aunt elinor, i was furious, she is my fave character, and meggie had an english accent and no one else did!! WTF??? and the beginning and ending was screwed up completely.

the golden compass. ok, they ended at COMPLETELY the wrong time so ARRGHHHH.

lol that was very angry-esque sounding. i just got back from debate group, so forgive me, lol.

message 15: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments THEY SCREWED UP THE ENDING OF INKHEART!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH sunny said it was goood.... :(
and geez, i'm getting sick of brendan fraser, gosh.... we rented the mummy 3 and journey to the center of the earth (which sucked, in my opinion...) and it's like, dude, stop copying my hair and retire.... :P

but yeah, th series movie.. hmm. the lord of the rings movies were pretty good though! so that's pretty much an exception to the no book movie thing..... ah, except orlando bloom. he should be shot.
repeatedly.
repeatedly.

message 16: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

lolol i never saw or read the lord of the rings and yeah at the end of inkheart movie DUSTFINGER WENT BACK INTO THE BOOK IT WAS LIKE WTF?? but yeah it would have been impossible to make inkspell or inkdeath because they screwed it up so much. and the beginning was RETARDED i am sorry i hate that word but it must be used in this sentence or else the badness of the beginning of the inkheart movie would not be given liberty and it was like AHHHHH

i thought it was awful.

message 17: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments :(
now i gotta see it just to know how bad it sucks..... but was dustfinger at least cast well? he was the only cool character :/

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

i never saw inkheart, but i read the books.

I think Violet was AWESOME in the movie.

message 19: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments yesh, she waz definitely good.... her and olaf were the best... haha, i watched all the special features, and the actress for violet has like a really strong australian accent, but as soon as she started acting, she just changed it like perfectly... haha.... mr poe was good too.... the coughing wasn't as exxagerated though :P

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

FINALLY i have found what i have been looking for. i just wanted to make sure that: Emily Browning was Violet in the movie.

message 21: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments yup hahaha, i couldda told you that :P

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

i just wanted to make sure

message 23: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

dustfinger was hot, like REALLY hot, but he wasn't the enough you know, dusfinger-y lol.

message 24: by Alison (new)

Alison (applejuice) | 3 comments I loved the casting, but the plot was so messed up.
I don't think so, but I might be wrong, Did Olaf leave the kids in the car on the railroad tracks at any point during the first three books? I don't remember that at all...

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Nope.

message 26: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

nope, they made that up.

message 27: by Swati (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 37 comments Yeah, dunno why though. They shouldhave gone exactly like the book.

message 28: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

i know. but i guess they couldn't make much of an ending with the end of the wide window. they shouldn't have even bothered, it was dumb.

message 29: by Swati (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 37 comments Yeah. I was just surprised with the whole "movie" thing.

message 30: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments jeeves wrote: "violet was awesome, sunny was good, klaus definitely could've been nerdier, but whatever.... mr poe was perfect.... justice strauss had the same, annoying, it-should-be-illegal-to-be-that-optimisti..."

I agree.

message 31: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments I watch the movie just for count olaf bc he's awesome in the movie.
"Do you have a hall pass?"

message 32: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments hahaha, exactly, he's what makes it good haha...
i've been doing the "hullo hullo hullooooooooh...." thing ever since i saw that movie haha >.<

message 33: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments OMG SAME!!!!
& omg it's jeeves!!!

message 34: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

OMG my brother says 'Do you have a hall pass?' in that same nasally tone whenever i'm doing something i shouldn't...from sneaking on the puter to eating brownies. i swear, i will one day kill him.

message 35: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments OMG IT'S SARA. hi. :D

and nice haha.... your younger brother?
hahaha, i can imitate that voice of jim carrey's, but i can't do the captain sham or olaf ones :( it's like, the stephano voice is the only one that's too weird to use in conversation, and it's the only one i can copy. :/ haha

message 36: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments figures that u could do the weirdest one :-P

message 37: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

yesh, my younger brother...>.<
hahaaa, yeah, we talk in the stephano voice all the time...but akshully, i can do Capt. Sham...only...i definitely can't use that one. >.< :P

message 38: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments hehe I just say the quotes...
"Soda,soda, banana!"

message 39: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

LOLZZZzzz, we do the '....aaaand strike a pose!' all the time too...most of count olaf's qoutes, really...:D

message 40: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments yesh, bc count olaf has the best quotes ever...
There's this one skating comp that I go to almost every year and the church there is St. Olaf's Church...

message 41: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

omg. omg. omg. priceless. i wonder if they have you throw your valuables up on the stage...

message 42: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments there's a st. olaf's school up here.... jeff kopec went there, mah cousin O.o

message 43: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments Squiggles{Kelly} wrote: "omg. omg. omg. priceless. i wonder if they have you throw your valuables up on the stage..."

haha, no, I went to church there

message 44: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments jeeves wrote: "there's a st. olaf's school up here.... jeff kopec went there, mah cousin O.o"

wait... don't ya live n minnesota? bc that's where I'm talkin about

message 45: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

you guyz live in the same state?

message 46: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments oh, yeah sara... wait, are you in minnesota? i didn't think you waz...

message 47: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments No, I don't live there... I'm a few states away... I just go to a skating comp there...

message 48: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments oooohhhh i see haha :D

message 49: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments yep :)

message 50: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments ok

« previous 1 3