Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Nine Levels of Hell

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://www.holytaco.com/9-current-lev...

Numbers two and three made me laugh in particular. And...uh...sorry about number nine, those of you down in the southeast:)

What about you? Where would you rather not be more than anywhere on earth?

Some of these places, by the way, are tolerable, even pleasurable, if you have a book, you know:)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments My nephew Paul's 1-year-old birthday was great. It was the first time he'd ever had cake, and he LOVED it! You should have seen his eyes get big!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Denny's is a level of hell no matter WHEN you're there, though. Believe me, I know, because I worked as a Denny's waitress one summer.

The weirdest night was one night in August, right before high school started again for the year. All these teens came in around 11 p.m. and hung out for hours, just because they knew their freedom was about to end.
They behaved themselves pretty well, actually...

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori I have a picture of Jake on his first birthday tacked to my refrig, it was his first time having chocolate cake. Underneath all the chocolate was the biggest grin1 And so a chocolate fiend was born, much to to his dad's delight.

But that bathroom pic, UGH, not one of the first things I wanted to see this morning!

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Mar 19, 2009 12:28PM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Florida was actually the first thing I thought of.

I agree on the Jiffy Lube waiting room, especially
since they didn't even add the part where the dude comes in with your filthy air filter in his hands and tries to guilt you into buying a new one.

I will add Walmart on a Sunday afternoon. Or any time. I hate Walmart.

The mall before Christmas.

A chain restaurant at lunchtime in a business district.

Both times recently that I've ended up in the emergency room at one am it was deserted and not so bad, if it weren't for the searing agony of my ridiculous injuries.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments any saturday afternoon wedding when it is really nice out

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Isn't it interesting how some chains must have everyone use the same cleaning products or whatever? Pizza Hut always smells barfy to me...I think it's whatever they use to clean.

That (hopefully) short period after the plane stops at the gate and everyone's waiting to get off...when everyone's pulling their crap out of the overhead bins...and the waiting for the people in front to get moving can feel endless...that's a circle of hell to me.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I know that some chains are using scents to lure people in, but maybe those scents aren't appealing to everybody. The sense of smell can apparently do a lot in the way of subliminal advertising.

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Mar 19, 2009 04:58PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) A Denny's Restaurant Near A High School Right After A School Play Ends

Drama kids are the most annoying people in any school environment, but few things are worse than 30 high school drama kids hopped up on post-performance adrenaline, teenage hormones, and Moon’s Over My Hammy. Most of these loud, obnoxious adolescent thespians will still be sporting a thick layer of stage make-up to let everyone know that they were just in a play, and if that’s not a clear enough signal, they’ll be sure to constantly scream lines from Pygmalion, or West Side Story, or whatever other shit-ass play they just stumbled through. You’re eating at Denny’s, so your meal is not going to be that great to begin with, but these cracked-out drama kids are sure to make your dining experience a living hell.

I do community theatre. After shows (and sometimes after rehearsals, but not usually) we go out to get food. It is usually mostly 17-25 year olds who go out after the shows, although there are other exceptions besides just Brent and me. We go to BJ's Brewhouse or Mel's Diner (like the place in American Graffiti). Once, we went and saw one of the teen workshops and then went to Mel's afterward. Someone made the mistake of playing "Summer Lovin'" from Grease on the jukebox. This happened to be the same teen workshop from which we'd just come. The restaurant patrons were "treated" to the entire song and dance, sung loudly by our kids along with John and Olivia.

But usually we're pretty well-behaved after a show.

I'd also like to point out that the stage makeup we wear when we go out is not for purposes of attracting attention or bragging that we were just in a play. It's because it's a pain to take the makeup off and then reapply normal makeup before going out. If you see me in a restaurant late at night on a weekend and I've got false eyelashes on, that's why. Guys usually remove their makeup. People with effect makeup remove that, too.

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori Oh hell, yeah, I remember when I did theatre how long it took to get that grease paint off, and how hard you had to scrub! I never wore normal makeup, but my face did get red from all that tissuing off, plus I stunk like Noxcema!

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Oh, I NEVER use greasepaint. Unless I'm miming or something, and why would I do that? No, I use Cover Girl or something. But you wear it darker and thicker than you would in normal life (unless you are Tammy Faye or Tori Spelling).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.