Best Bookstores! discussion

Best Bookstores No Longer in Existence

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick | 3 comments A sad topic, but I have loved some bookstores that are no longer around anymore. Two personal favorites:

- THE AVENUE VICTOR HUGO on Newbury Street in Boston. A delightful and very warm place with a friendly cat and a great selection, equidistant between Boston University and the Boston Public Library, where I spent many a pleasant winter afternoon back in the early 90's.

- The BOOK BARON in Anaheim. Done in by rent increases. Located in a beat up neighborhood but it had plenty of parking and a massive amount of books...it may have even rivaled Acres of Books. Just closed in Dec 2007.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 3 comments Homesteader Books in Wenatchee, WA. It didn't have the widest selection of books, but it helped foster my love for books and bookstores as a child, and it had a very pleasant area in which children could sit and read. It'll always have a fond place in my heart.

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz John Steele Bookseller in Litchfield, CT. The owner was so nice, the selection was amazing, and the prices very reasonable. I miss that store so much.