The Abstinence Teacher The Abstinence Teacher discussion

just read

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer I loved this book, read it in a few hours and found it to be a funny and smart story about connection, bias and loss.

message 2: by K (new) - rated it 3 stars

K Glad you posted. I am looking forward to reading this!

Stephanie Fantastic read, covering multiple perspectives on sensitive subjects like sexuality, religion, and parenting using sardonic humor to diffuse the tension. Now I want to reach everything Perrotta has writen.

Nicole Caliro I also loved this book. Perrotta is an excellent writer and amazing at tackling hot button topics.

Michael This was a very well written book, fresh characters with a unique story.

Alice43 I was so excited to read this book when I bought it, after I got done with it, I was disapointed. I found that the story was not as controversial as I wanted it to be. To me it was lacking the seriousness of the subject and what he could have done with it.

Lacy Nicole wrote: "I also loved this book. Perrotta is an excellent writer and amazing at tackling hot button topics."

I almost halfway through the book and like it so far, kind of disappointed by all the negative reviews. One reason I like it so much is because I am a high school teacher and can identify with all the conservative politics that seems to be crammed into the curriculum of public ed these days