marvel fans discussion

am i the only person that was pro registration?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fig (new)

Fig | 9 comments Mod
**WARNING** **HERE BE CIVIL WAR SPOILERS**

Seriously, i agree with Stark, someone who can pick a building up with their mind, bench press a truck, hurl fireballs etc. has to be answerable to someone. and had S.H.I.E.L.D. not put Cap in the situation they did i think the the whole thing could have been resolved much more peacefully

message 2: by Fig (new)

Fig | 9 comments Mod
True, there are always bound to be those who disapprove of a law tho, that doesn't make it wrong, it was designed to help and i think that, given a little more time, the creases could be ironed out. Both sides had valid points, the pro reg. side were a little too 'enthusiastic' capturing the renegade heroes tho. S.H.I.E.L.D. shouldn't have been in charge anyway, their charter is to take down hydra not police superhumans, the O.N.E. should have been tasked with it after the new warrior's little mishap.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Dinger | 5 comments Hey it is now clear that the whole registration thing was set up by the Skrulls to set up their invasion. Was that cool or what? Marvel just keeps hitting it out of the park, it sucks to be DC now.

message 4: by Vojtěch (new)

Vojtěch Rabyniuk | 2 comments I agree i stand just behind Tony Stark:) Don't wanna get screw from some masked rhinobot or whateva'.

message 5: by Nathan (last edited Jul 03, 2009 06:26PM) (new)

Nathan (ralph_nater) The Idea is really not a bad one, I mean registering to the government means you can get benefits for your hero work and perhaps even support a family in some heroes cases. Really it isn't a bad deal and the thing is they were never asked to publicly unmask, that was only encouragement from Tony. Ultimately the only reason it fails is due to the control the government assumes.

To paul: Really? I missed that somewhere. Care to expand?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I might have heard about the skrull invasion plan thingy... but i really liked civil war. at least it was better than secret invasion. i love cap and i agree with him. i don't think it was fair that they would be forced to registrate. it's america for crying out loud... we stand on freedom. if the heroes registered than what would freedom mean?

message 7: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (ralph_nater) See the reason it makes sense is because they'd finally be paid for their services and would have access to medical services and all the non-sense they have had to figure out on their own before. The reason it doesn't work is because the government was going to force them to do side missions (rooting out terrorists and other things that are below super heroes) and Tony Stark took the intiative of "Going public" with your identity which wasn't necessary but would eventually become common knowledge. It was certainly a crazy series and I can see how it could be a Skrull plot to divide earth's mightiest heroes. Secret invasion was just fantastic.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

secret invasion was ok, but it died at the end. i really wish it would've ended differently. now what i want to know is why cap is being 'reborn'. as far as i know he wasn't a skrull in secret invasion... he was cap. because when mr fantastic ran that gun thingy every skull that was posed as a human superhero was turned back into a skrull and cap was still cap. so if he came back through secret invasion why are we trying to bring him back again? also i hate the fact that they killed the wasp.

message 9: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (ralph_nater) See that was what I thought was going to happen, that cap had been switched with a skrull and as a result it was a skrull Cap that got assassinated but Apparently that's too difficult of a theory and ta-freaking-da we've got a really lame reborn series. On the other hand I have mixed feeling about how Secret Invasion ended, I hate that Tony is the villain as Iron Man has a special place in my heart but I love the new dark reign stuff they're doing as a result of Norman Osborne becoming the supposed "hero."

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

dark avengers is pretty good