Reformed Readers - Historic Christianity discussion

Growth of the Historic Christian Faith in America

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kent (new)

Kent Harrell (kmhkhh) | 1 comments Mod
Our we going back to our roots??? Our we getting away from health and wealth and being drawn back to holiness?

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Wilcox (sciencemom) | 1 comments Could you recommend a book that explains the history of The Reformation? I am looking for something that is not too long, because my husband would like to read it and he is not an avid reader. It should be historically accurate and explain the attitudes and general practices of Christians prior to, during and after the Reformation.

Thanks!

message 3: by Michaelpatrick (new)

Michaelpatrick Keena | 1 comments Cathy wrote: "Could you recommend a book that explains the history of The Reformation? I am looking for something that is not too long, because my husband would like to read it and he is not an avid reader. It..."

Hi Cathy,
The best "quick" look is Sketches from Church History. It presents history in short but focussed sections, giving a lot of attention to the Reformation:
Sketches from Church History [Paperback]
S. M. Houghton; Iain H. Murray; S.M. Houghton (Author)
Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Banner Of Truth
Publication Date: 1981
ISBN-13: 9780851513171

You can check www.allbookstores.com for great prices for used and new copies.

I have a few more suggest books that are more in depth but I will probably send theses ideas later tonight after I get back from work. I hope this helps for now.

In His Grace,
Mike Keena