“My Library [is] Dukedom Large Enough” discussion

What will Lynne gain by doing this?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccakelley) | 3 comments You really left me hanging. You said the benefits were twofold: 1) save money, 2) ??????.

I want to know!

message 2: by Lynne (new)

Lynne (lynnenolan) | 4 comments Mod
A curse upon my verbosity AND upon goodreads' maximum length description! I was tempted to toy with you, Rebecca, or promise weight loss, a higher percentage chance of winning the lottery, and an increased sex drive, but I decided to be boring and come clean.

My gains will be twofold: I will save money (a must in today’s ailing economy) AND I will clear out some rubbish (I have a sense that my copy of the portable Henry James is headed out the door).

message 3: by Christi (new)

Christi (christi_r_suzanne) | 1 comments I'd like to think that saving money and finding inner peace is why you are doing this.

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccakelley) | 3 comments Well, I assume that "clear out some rubbish" is both literal and figurative.

message 5: by Lynne (new)

Yes, I will clear the cobwebs from both my bookshelves and my mind. If this helps me achieve inner peace, all the better. Then other people in the group can do the same and achieve their own inner peace, thereby starting a ripple effect of inner peace felt all throughout the world!

message 6: by Mike (new)

Mike (goblzers) | 1 comments Thank god we will get rid of some rubbish, since most of the unread books are hers and not mine.

message 7: by Lynne (new)

You just watch your step, Michael.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccakelley) | 3 comments How are you doing on your quest, Lynne? Have you begun to clear the books from your shelves and the cobwebs from your mind?