Early Sunday Morning: The Pearl Harbor Diary of Amber Billows (Dear America) Early Sunday Morning discussion

I love this book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gabi I enjoyed this book, and many other Dear America Series books, because it is from there point of view when something huge in history was going on.

Katie i totally agree

Meghan I love Dear America but I wasn't so fond of this one. It felt rushed and I couldn't get into the characters.

message 4: by Eliza (last edited Nov 14, 2013 01:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eliza Aren't Dear America books great? I've been reading them since grade school, and I'll still pick some up from the library every once in a while. :) I enjoyed this one; I love learning about the WWII era. There is another Dear America about Pearl Harbor that is even better, if you can imagine that! :)

message 5: by Drew (last edited Nov 13, 2013 07:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Drew This one was okay, but I definitely liked a lot of the other Dear America books much better, including: Hear My Sorrow, Across the Wide and Lonesome Prairie, A Picture of Freedom, My Secret War, and Survival in the Storm. If you haven't already read those, I highly recommend them.

Eliza Aha, THAT was the name of it: "My Secret War". Very cute story with one of my favorite themes (can't say what, though; it's kind of a spoiler. . .).

Drew One of the newer Dear America books, The Fences Between Us, is also set during WWII and has a LOT to do with Pearl Harbor.

Cecilia Dupre The Fences Between Us is my favorite of all of the Dear America books