The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hiya from Jamaica!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dania (last edited Mar 16, 2009 06:15PM) (new)

Dania (damoncrieffe) I have always loved to read but i haven't been reading for a few years now (other than waiting for the latest harry potter to be released, read, re-read then shelved...) but now i would like to kick it up a notch and totally get obsessed with it.

so. i am a fast reader, well to me anyway (twilight series + book 5 draft in 8days) and i would love some suggestions on some goood looong books or some good looong series' that will keep me reading. preferably over 1200 pages :D thank you!

Elizabeth (Alaska) I can't help you with books that long, Dania, but welcome! I look forward to getting to know you better.

message 3: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Dania, welcome! I can't help you either with the long ones... sorry... but someone will be along in a while who can.

In the mean time check out the threads, there's one on series I think, which should be helpful!

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Hayes, great point.

Dania, welcome to the group! You will find tons of things to read in the threads here... Books by the millions!

message 5: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Dania,

Welcome to the group!

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome to the group, Dania.

message 7: by Dania (last edited Mar 17, 2009 03:49PM) (new)

Dania (damoncrieffe) Thanks oh so much for the welcome guys!!
i got two books today!!! :D they are not big but ... to be honest i have exams so i guess a short book is nice to have right!!

thanks a lot xoxo

message 8: by Mosca (last edited Mar 17, 2009 04:32PM) (new)

Mosca | 828 comments Dania,

Welcome to TNBBC! Folks here are not shy about making recommendations for reading; and opinions vary. You'll probably like it here.

Also Goodreads has a section called Listopia. This features sorted books lists of an unimaginable variety and criteria, created by members like you and me. For example, you may be interested in this one: Thickest Books Ever.

message 9: by Dania (new)

Dania (damoncrieffe) AWESOME!!! thanks alot. i will refer to this list yes.

message 10: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Dania, Long books huh?!
Try Robert Jordan's series on Wheel of Time or Lord of the Rings.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group!