Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > Facebook or MySpace?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tasha (last edited Mar 16, 2009 04:39PM) (new)

Tasha (tasha_avidbookaholic) | 85 comments Which of these social networking sites do you use? I have accounts with both of these, but I tend to use my MySpace page more. I'm starting to use my Facebook page more now that everyone seems to using it now. I just wondered which you all use?

message 2: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne I never did set up a myspace page, but I am on my facebook page just about every day.

message 3: by Felisha (new)

Felisha (sunkissedthoughts) | 175 comments Definitely facebook.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Recently discovered Facebook (which can link with Goodreads). I don't have a myspace page.

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess I never used myspace. I do have a facebook page but I find I'm on it less and less. It's been replaced by goodreads lol.

message 6: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3650 comments Jess said: It's been replaced by goodreads lol.
Exactly! I do have a facebook page but only go there is I get a message. Not really interested in keeping up with it unless I'm trying to arrange plans for some event. I checked out myspace and couldn't be bothered with figuring it out.

message 7: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 72 comments I have myspace page www.myspace.com/christelcombs

message 8: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca Neither. *g*

I have a Myspace, but only to follow a band I like. Never tried Facebook. I don't like the fact you can't preview anything before joining.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) You can link your facebook profile and goodreads. When I update my reading status on goodreads or add a book to my shelves here, it updates my profile on facebook. :0)

message 10: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Mar 17, 2009 06:01PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Hmm...I had a myspace account like a long, long time ago, when it was pretty new. Never went back to update and probably won't even know how to find it. I don't own a Facebook account, either.

I guess, I'm just behind, when it comes to social networking...LOL..the only networking site I'm crazy about is right here..GoodReads.com..with my fellow readers.

message 11: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 407 comments I have an account with each but rarely use either of them. One of my friends will holler at me about a new pic or an update that will get me to visit to check it out but other then that I dont bother.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Only reason I got on facebook was because my fiance's niece invited him, and he invited me. Now I'm having fun playing around on it. (Love FarmTown and Mafia Wars). I like that Goodreads links up with it and updates my reading status on my profile page. I've only been there about a month.

message 13: by Christel (new)

Christel (christelc) | 72 comments You can do the same at MySpace now

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I have both but the novelty wore off pretty quickly and I haven't really kept up with either very much.

message 15: by Jodz (new)

Jodz (jodz87) I have both too

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

i have facebook.. most of my family and friends are on there.. and i can talk to my work friends on there. which keeps me up to date :) i love facebook :)

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy | 60 comments FB for me. I use it because I can get it on my iPhone. Plus I think FB is cleaner and easier to read. Myspace is too busy for my taste.

message 18: by Hilda (new)

Hilda Hernandez (ShadowintheTwilight) | 44 comments I use Facebook to keep in contact with friends or other people who I talk to (because you can choose to be friends with someone and set different privacy settings for each person)and I use my myspace for fun. I have it to talk to people who share a specific interest, but I don't any work contacts or anything like that on my myspace.

message 19: by tosca (new)

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 742 comments I use Facebook rather than Myspace. I do have a bebo account to keep in touch with my (very much) younger extended family (god they make me feel so old LOL), and Facebook for friends, work colleagues, older extended family and random people ;)

message 20: by Lara (new)

Lara | 109 comments I have both. I have to say I prefer Myspace over Facebook just because it's more fun. I find facebook confusing sometimes. What do you mean that you can link it with goodreads? Can someone tell me how to do that?

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) I have both as well but prefer myspace just because my vamp on the vamps app is on a higher level than my Facebook Vamps app.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Lara wrote: "I have both. I have to say I prefer Myspace over Facebook just because it's more fun. I find facebook confusing sometimes. What do you mean that you can link it with goodreads? Can someone tell..."

Go to your goodreads profile. Click on edit. Go to apps I think it is, and click on Facebook. If you go to feeds, you can check which items you want it to update. For instance, it changes my facebook status to say what page I'm on in the book I'm currently reading, or it adds a line to my profile page when I add a book to my shelves. I've also added goodreads as a tab to my profile page (just click the + to edit the tabs).

message 23: by Lara (new)

Lara | 109 comments Briansgirl wrote: "Lara wrote: "I have both. I have to say I prefer Myspace over Facebook just because it's more fun. I find facebook confusing sometimes. What do you mean that you can link it with goodreads? Can..."

Thank you ma'am! Much appreciated!!!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Lara wrote: "Thank you ma'am! Much appreciated!!! "

Your welcome. I was hoping you could understand my instructions. Without having the actual screens up as you type, and going only from memory, I was hoping I got it right and it wasn't too confusing. I love that it updates my feed on my facebook page.

message 25: by Lara (new)

Lara | 109 comments I know what you mean. I got it and it wasn't confusing at all. I had no idea you could do that. It is awesome. I know everyone on here has got to think that I am technically challenged with all the questions I ask. LOL! Oh well. :)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Lara wrote: "I know what you mean. I got it and it wasn't confusing at all. I had no idea you could do that. It is awesome. I know everyone on here has got to think that I am technically challenged with all..."

If you edit your profile and go to feeds, you can check off which of about 20 items you want it to update to your facebook page. I've only got a couple checked, like current reading status, add a book to my shelves or add a friend. I didn't want it to post to facebook everytime I posted to a group in goodreads. lol

message 27: by Lara (new)

Lara | 109 comments Oh. Thanks for that. I will need to do that. I'm sure my friends on facebook don't want to know everything I post on here. LOL! You have been so helpful.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) your welcome

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) I had a myspace that I pretty much never use.
I fought it for a very very long time, but finally gave in and signed up for Facebook on Friday. I've already reconnected with a ton of old friends that I thought I'd lost touch with forever, so it's pretty cool.
I cannot figure out the goodreads application, however. I followed your instructions, Briansgirl, and on goodreads it says it's enabled, but I see no evidence of this on facebook. I'm so very confused...

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Okay, never mind, I think I figured it out. :)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I hope you did. :)

message 32: by Aileen (new)

Aileen (mystykphoenix) | 15 comments I tried MySpace but never really got around to enjoying it. Facebook was a big hit to me, mainly because majority of the people I know are on Facebook and...well, I dunno, it was just a phase that I got swept in and now I'm stuck. -LoL-

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (jamie_badboyinspector) | 35 comments I have a myspace and facebook but I use facebook regularly. I like better than myspace.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=...

message 36: by tosca (last edited Jun 12, 2009 05:19PM) (new)

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 742 comments Feel free to look me up on either Facebook or Bebo and, if you're that way inclined, am also on Twitter...and just now realising how pretentious that all makes me. And that's without the blog. Ho hum LOL

message 37: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Nah, you're cool Tosca. You just make it easy for us all to stalk you. Thanks for that, LOL.

message 38: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Cargile (aishacargile) | 2 comments Facebook. I used myspace for a hot minute, but honestly it's nowhere near as user friendly as facebook.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I waste too much time playing games on Facebook. lol Either lil arcade games to kill a few minutes here or there, or bigger ones like Farm Town, Mafia Wars, or Restaurant City.

message 40: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (shigyrl30) I have both but I tend to use Facebook more often. I only go onto Myspace every once in awhile.

message 41: by tosca (new)

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 742 comments Kasia wrote: "Nah, you're cool Tosca. You just make it easy for us all to stalk you. Thanks for that, LOL."

Have downloaded the phone apps for Facebook, Gmail, Google Talk, Yahoo! Go, Flickr and Twitter, right? Was heading to work on the bus the other day and sending/receiving from various email accounts, then in Facebook to respond to wall posts and friend/family status updates and then in Twitter doing the same. And then thought, 'Wtf - when did my phone become another appendage? And how pretentious.' Then carried on in Facebook again LOL

message 42: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Okay..I've finally caved in and decided to join the bandwagon for social networking sites. I created a Facebook account last night..but the question is, what's next?...LOL

message 43: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 81 comments I like facebook a lot better

message 44: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Of course, being a Facebook newbie, somehow I ended up with two accounts. So to all my GR friends who sent me a friend invite and did not get accepted, yours probably ended up with the other account.

I've discovered the problem and deleted the other account. So if you guys, can resend the invite, I would truly appreciate it.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Will try to find you again Yz.

message 46: by Mizla (new)

Mizla | 6 comments Facebook-- haven't tried myspace!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Don't forget Yz to link FB with GRs. GRs will post whichever updates you check off to your FB profile page.

message 48: by Kat42389 (new)

Kat42389 Harrison (queentabby) | 1 comments I like Facebook better than My Space. I'm on it EVERY day! But it is a good way to keep up with friends and family. Lots of groups on there for paranormal romance etc

message 49: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Briansgirl wrote: "Don't forget Yz to link FB with GRs. GRs will post whichever updates you check off to your FB profile page."

I'm trying to figure that part out. I'm open to suggestions on how to get it done.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) you can do it from either application. Might be easier to go through facebook. Go to your profile, then feeds tab. You have to give permission for GRs to post to FB. Then go to notifications tab and click which of the 20 or so items you'd like it to post. I've only got a couple checked so it doesn't overwhelm FB with say every post I make here. lol

« previous 1