Group of Unfortunate Events discussion

The Characters > Beatrice

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

Emma the Dork (cheesehead) | 333 comments Mod
OMGS she is SOOO confusing ahhhh.........i mean i know that its the kids mom because you know but its just like WHAT????? thoughts please....

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I was pretty confident for a while that beatrice was their mom.

message 3: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

really? but how can she be?? i mean seriously? does that mean lemony is the kids dad? CONFUSION.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

No, It means that Lemony was in love with Beatrice but she fell for their dad instead!

message 5: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

no but remember beatrice DIES!!!!!!!! like when they are still dating! and their mom died when she was married!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

no, didn't beatrice die when Lemony LIKED her, but she was married to the Baudelaires' dad, and that's why Lemony was even more depressed?
I don't know, I don't remember.

message 7: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 167 comments Mod
yeah, he talks about how Beatrice fell for another guy...and then perished in a terrible fire. i think she was the baudilaires mom, since that would be a good reason for them to name Kit's baby after her...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

yep that's what kit said, that if it was a girl to name it after their mom, and then it's name was beatrice (i think)

message 9: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments yeah, i definitelly think she was their mom...

message 10: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

really? lol. i thought they were dating!!!!!!!! well that totally makes sense. WOW yeah it does.....but still...I DONT KNOW gods its so confusing.....

message 11: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

wait yes! yes your right!!!! HA!! your right! YAY!!!!!!!! i was like totally clueless before that.

message 12: by ~Sunny~ (new)

~Sunny~ | 25 comments woot! we've figured it out!

message 13: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

WOOOOOO!!!!!!

message 14: by Mathura (new)

Mathura (mathurarara) They were, like, engaged but she married Bernard. One theory I read was that she thought he had died... something to do with an article... I don't get any of it, really. Some really hard-core fans who actually understand Snicket's riddles figure these things out! I don't think I'll ever completely understand the series. =(

message 15: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

Madison, you mean Bertram.

message 16: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments wow, i don't remember that at all actually O.o
what's that from? bertram, i mean?

message 17: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

Bertram is the Baudelaire father.

message 18: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments really!? what book says that???

message 19: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

the penultimate peril, when sunny remembers that her mother used to say 'prepare to eat crow'.

at least...i think so...i....dang nao idk...

message 20: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments hahaha, now i'm gonna end up reading for that tonight >.<

message 21: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

mez too, akshully...:P

message 22: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments :D
last night i was going through the nauthorized autobiography again... >.< geez it's so deeeep hahaha

message 23: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 137 comments *Unauthorized >.<

message 24: by Sara (last edited May 02, 2009 05:34PM) (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments jeeves wrote: ":D
last night i was going through the nauthorized autobiography again... >.< geez it's so deeeep hahaha"

I started reading that... but I stopped like halfway through bc I got confused...

message 25: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

OMMMGGGGSSSSS this topic is like a total epiphany for me i have GOT to read the beatrice letters.

message 26: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments lol!

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited May 07, 2009 06:57PM) (new)

ya but the beatrice letters said Beatrice Bauldlaire was alive but she wasent. I think I wasent really paying attention in the last book I was starting Twilight.

message 28: by Swati (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 37 comments Squiggles{Kelly} wrote: "Bertram is the Baudelaire father. "

really?

message 29: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Ysatis (Gautier) | 69 comments So...what? Beatrice was the mom, who loved lemony AND betram (or whoever) but married betram cuz she thought lemony was dead? Well in the unauthorized biography it seemed that lemony told her to stay away and stuff plus hes always on the run so its more like beatrice married betram as a second choice. So then now i have a question that will probaly go unanswered but...If the Snickets and Bauldelaires named their kids from the opposing family, where did Violet, Klaus and Sunny come from?

message 30: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

they named their kids from opposing families? what?

message 31: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Ysatis (Gautier) | 69 comments didnt it say something like the snickets named their kids from the bauldelaires and vice versa? Idk if not my minds playin trix

message 32: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

i think it said they named them after someone who had passed away.

message 33: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Ysatis (Gautier) | 69 comments HMMM. WELL IDK MY MEM IS BAD

message 34: by Meghana (new)

Meghana | 77 comments She is so depressing..especially the way Lemony Snicket describes her!

message 35: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments hmm...

message 36: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

hey, this is so cool!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Ol...

message 37: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

for one thing, i like the picca....lol, but also, i never realized there were Wikipedia entries that were so interesting about the whole thing...it's cool to have everything laid out like that.

message 38: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments eh I didn't feel like reading all of it

message 39: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

two random things:

A 2006 spin-off book The Beatrice Letters describes Kit's 10-year-old daughter Beatrice Baudelaire's search for her uncle, Lemony Snicket, and for the Baudelaire orphans who adopted her after her mother's death and named her after their own mother, Beatrice Baudelaire.

In the rare edition of The Bad Beginning, one of Lemony's notes says "his sister", obviously Kit, has proposed that some of the eyes of Count Olaf's house hid secret peepholes, cameras, or microscopic lenses, as in the Baudelaire home.

message 40: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

the first thing at least i knew...but it's like...it says it! it's true! :P

message 41: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments oooooooooook then

message 42: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

:P

message 43: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments :-P heyyyyyyyyyyy haff yew posted on that one group...

message 44: by Squiggles{Kelly}, 'R' issss for 'goooorrrrgeousss'... (new)

ummmmm yesh...:P

message 45: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments recently?

message 46: by Megan (new)

Megan | 32 comments i thought there dads name was bernard? maybe im wrong. who knos.

message 47: by Emma the Dork, Mrs. Olaf (new)

OMGS THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and on esme's wikipedia profile it says she was burned alive!

message 48: by Megan (new)

Megan | 32 comments The Penultimate Peril also opens up more possibilities about the Baudelaire parents' past. Kit Snicket tells the children about a night that she attended an opera (La forza del destino) with the Baudelaires, and handed them a box of poison darts before Esmé Squalor sees them. Later in the book Count Olaf reveals that his parents were killed by poison darts, and also that he has good reason to hate the Baudelaires. This would imply that the Baudelaire parents murdered Count Olaf's parents, explaining Olaf's grudge against the family (and his motive for burning down the Baudelaire mansion, as many believe), and possibly also why he became a villain. However, this has never been truly confirmed.

One of the 13 Shocking Secrets You'll Wish You Never Knew About Lemony Snicket states that Lemony helped Beatrice to commit a serious crime before her death, which can possibly be the murder of Olaf's parents. Another reveals that Snicket is wanted for arson. However, in Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography, he mentions that he knows of other people starting fires, although he himself did not. There is a possibility that he is only reported to committed arson, and actually was framed.

In The End, Count Olaf, a known arsonist, refuses to confirm or deny the charge that he was responsible for the death of the Baudelaire parents and tells the Baudelaires that they don't know anything.

message 49: by Megan (new)

Megan | 32 comments yeah wikipedia has tons of awesome stuff about them. thats where i found that ^^^

message 50: by Sara (new)

Sara (weisthis) | 188 comments Emma the Dork wrote: "OMGS THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and on esme's wikipedia profile it says she was burned alive!"

SWEET!!!

...man, I must sound like I have issues...

« previous 1