Everbound (Everneath, #2) Everbound discussion


275 views
Cole

Comments (showing 1-50 of 110) (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Veronica Do u think he really loves Nikki? i thought he did and had a little heart until the end which my mouth dropped when it happened and if he did love her he wouldn't of tricked her and acted like he wanted to help save jack but now i think he only cares about being king.


Nessa Cole is a complete jack#$* and no i do not believe he really loves Nikki.


Veronica i no i can't believe he did that now i can't wait for the next book cause i think she is going to kill him


Cookie Maybe this is just the author's way of cutting off one potential love interest.


message 5: by Marisa (new)

Marisa *sighs aggressively*
yeS HE LOVES HER DO I NEED TO GO INTO DETAIL ABOUT THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I WILL


message 6: by JE (new) - rated it 5 stars

JE I concur with Marisa. He loves her WAY more than Jack does. Duh. Again, who would go into a death maze with the one he loves to rescue the one SHE loves??

I don't see the allure of Jack...


Veronica Jasmine wrote: "I concur with Marisa. He loves her WAY more than Jack does. Duh. Again, who would go into a death maze with the one he loves to rescue the one SHE loves??

I don't see the allure of Jack..."


yeah but he didn't really want to save jack it was a trick to turn her into them to be queen to me thats not love


Julia I really don't see the allure of Cole as a love interest. I think he is an exceptionally well written character, and he always just floors me with his twists and turns.

But as a love interest for Nikki (or anyone for that matter)? Absolutely not. He is the worst sort of guy. He tricked her into giving up her heart, he life, her future! If you read the last pages again, it just sounds so abusive and like an unhealthy obsession, not love.

That said, I am super interested into seeing where their relationship/the series goes from here.


April Cole loves Nikki the only way that he knows how and to us it looks like manipulation. But, to him, it is love. HE did spend 100 years feeding off of her emotions.He knows her just as well if not better than Jack.

He is obsessed with taking down the present queen and gaining power and that drives a lot of his manipulation toward making her an everling. But, you must remember, she has chosen this path with her agreement to go with him in the first place. He is a great character. I can't help but like him and hate him at the same time.


message 10: by Mary (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mary I think Cole loves Nikki. I like him way more than I like Jack. Cole acctually has some depth and is interesting. I think that Nikki should be with Cole and they can grow and mature together. With that said I do not think that Cole knowa what love is but with some help (from Nikki) he could.


Azhia I'm completely in love with Cole, and the ending made me so mad because he looked like the bad guy. I know for a fact that he loves Nikki. I like Jack too, but I always felt it was kinda forced. It's like I like him because he's perfect, and its the right thing to do.


Regina I like Cole despite his underhanded trick at the end. This is because he is a really complex character with shades of gray. Cole is neither completely a good guy but nor is he evil. He is conflicted with wanting to help and having reasons to do the things he does. He truly does love Nikki and he proves it time again and again by helping her. He never forced her to kiss him. She did it herself. He just omitted the truth at times but Nikki always made her choices. I still like Jack but Cole is a lot more fascinating to read about.


Ifrah Alia I think he loves her but he doesn't know how to really show it. He's been an Everliving for so long that he's forgotten how to be human and keeps screwing up whatever relationship he has/had with Nikki.
I love Cole though. More than Jack. I'm completely Team Cole, though I don't know if there even is a possibility of a Nikki+Cole after that ending.


message 14: by Marisa (new)

Marisa I agree completely with Ifrah-- he does love her, but after years upon years of living like this, he doesn't know how to express those feelings properly.


Emily I finished this book today and loved it! I did not see the ending coming! I like Cole, and I think the ending proves he loves Nikki. I didn't like what he did but I think he just doesnt want Nikki to hurt him. His little comments make me laugh. Can't wait for the next book.


message 16: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa i think cole loves nikki. he seems like an okay character


Katie I think he thinks he loves her. And I also think that he does ove her to some degree, but not enough to put his selfish ways behind him.


message 18: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa i think that she owes him. because he did kinda go to the everneath to save jack with her. And i suppose he was gaining something out of it by doing so. but he still did it so she would luv him and now she does in a way (as a friend).


message 19: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa but he kept her safe either way. He wouldnt let anything happen to her. I think he truly does love her no matter how many stupid and selfish things he does. Thats just the way he is :)


Kimberly I think Cole loves her in his own way, but its not our way of love. Because love for me is giving everything you have to make the other person happy. And thats why in most of the book I thought he did love her, because he was doing everything in his power to save Jack for her and I was completly team Cole until the end. You do not do that to the person you love, no matter how complicate a person you are. You do not totally ruin the other person's life, their future, and their dreams, because you don't want her to leave you.

If what he did was in the best interest of Nikki I would have been fine with it, I would still be on his team, but what he did was in the best interest of him not her. 'cause the queen wouldn't have gone after her of she was human, like Cole said the Queen doesn't know that she survived the feed. So, the Queen has no reason to harm her. So, he did not turn her to save her, he turned her so he would still have a chance of overthrowing the Queen. Everything he did was about him.

Also to all the people who thinks he is a saint, because he helped save Jack, he didn't. Everything in this book, from her trying to convince him to help her to going into the tunnels was his plan to turn her. And if he was really there to help save Jack he wouldn't have kicked her out before she could.

Side note, any one else think there was something wrong with Jack? In the book Nikki says he is stronger then before, but if your in the tunnels for that long wouldn't you be weaker? Or was that just me?


message 21: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa i think he does love her and hes merely doing this for her best interest. I mean because of what he did to her she is now immortal!!! she can live forever and there love can live on!! Besides even if jack dies he willl always be with her because i think we all know that she will forever love him.


Ifrah Alia Gaby wrote: "i think that she owes him. because he did kinda go to the everneath to save jack with her. And i suppose he was gaining something out of it by doing so. but he still did it so she would luv him and..."

I'm not sure that she even loves him as a friend anymore. She did for a while because he managed to gain her trust while in the everneath but I feel like she now hates him for making her immortal.


Ifrah Alia Kimberly wrote: "I think Cole loves her in his own way, but its not our way of love. Because love for me is giving everything you have to make the other person happy. And thats why in most of the book I thought he ..."

I definitely think there's something going on with Jack. Nikki kept observing how he seemed bigger than before and I don't think this would have been brought as much as it was if it wasn't significant. Maybe its a symptom of what happens when you escape from the Tunnels? Maybe there is some sort of consequence?


Kimberly Gaby wrote: "i think he does love her and hes merely doing this for her best interest. I mean because of what he did to her she is now immortal!!! she can live forever and there love can live on!! Besides even ..."

I completely agree with that. There was something there when she trusted him, but now that he turned her into something she never wanted that trust is gone and I don't think she can ever look past that.

The thing is I think I would have forgiven him and went on his team again if he didn't take her heart. Is anyone else mad about that? I can't wait until the next one to learn what the "Perks of holding and everling's heart" is, because I have a feeling that it has something to do with influencing their feelings.


message 25: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa i think Cole is amazing. Hes looking out for Nikki.


message 26: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa And whoever she chooses. Her love with Jack will still go on even if he dies. Because shes immortal now and he will be in her heart forever. And Cole will always love Nikki no matter what. SO its all good :)


message 27: by JE (last edited Mar 26, 2013 09:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JE Who read Neverfall?

(view spoiler)

What do you guys think this means???? I'm so afraid it means (view spoiler). But I have other theories..

And if you are Team Jack I STRONGLY encourage you to read Neverfall. Cole really does love her. Neverfall may even make you like him more.

Okay and here are two more reasons why Cole really loves her.

1. In Everneath, she practically begs Cole to "take the pain away". If you read Neverfall, you know that his initial intention was to score her as a forfeit. However, I believe that the more time he spent with her, he began to care for her, their relationship grew and he really didn't want to see her in pain. When you love someone that much and they beg you to take the pain away, how can you say no???

2. Yes, he should not have turned her into an Everliving without her consent. BUT this does not negate the fact that she KISSED him those times. AND that he chose to risk his life to go down there with her, knowing that there was no guarantee that all the cards would fall into the right place for him to turn her. AND he had to sit through, even coach Nikki to relive the lovey dovey memories of her and Jack. Can you imagine how painful that must have been????

Cole isn't perfect, his love is flawed and a little fucked up. But his devotion to Nikki is undeniable.


message 28: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa Exactly!!! Cole may do stupid things at times but he does it out of love


message 29: by Chrisalynn (last edited Mar 31, 2013 02:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chrisalynn I believe Jasmine and Gaby completely it's totally true that Cole was in the shadow for sometime but he was in love with her all through out the story so...

stop bullying the wrong guy his love is very sweet. when he kicked Nikki out at that moment in the "Everneath" was not piss off her it was to help her. That is how he shows his love for her.

And not to get off subject did anyone notice how weird Jack was acting when came back to earth?


Kimberly Chrisalynn wrote: "I believe Jasmine and Gaby completely it's totally true that Cole was in the shadow for sometime but he was in love with her all through out the story so...

stop bullying the wrong guy his love..."


Jack was acting so weird and I hope its just a symptom of being in the tunnels so long, but I have a feeling that it is something more then that. Or maybe being in the tunnals changed him so much he isn't the jack she loves. Why I say I hope it just a symptom and will wear off is, because if it is something more then that I don't think Nikki can handle that, but that's just my thoughts.


message 31: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa Chrisalynn wrote: "I believe Jasmine and Gaby completely it's totally true that Cole was in the shadow for sometime but he was in love with her all through out the story so...

stop bullying the wrong guy his love..."



YAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! EXACTLY!!! Cole is the right guy!!


Elise in the first book,I was all on board with Jack and Nikki. but after reading this book, i'm not so sure. Up until the end, I was pleasantly surprised by the little moments btween Cole and Nikki. I think he actually does love her, in his own way...but then he had to go and trick her into becoming an Everliving. My jaw literally dropped when I read that part, i really thought that maybe through their little journey, he recognized that Nikki is all the better parts of himself. (sigh) I gues we'll see in the next book, I cannot wait!!


message 33: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa he does love her!!! he wouldn't go to all that trouble if he didn't love her!!!!!!


Kaitlyn Julia wrote: "I really don't see the allure of Cole as a love interest. I think he is an exceptionally well written character, and he always just floors me with his twists and turns.

But as a love interest for ..."


that is a perfect description of cole


Kaitlyn Gaby wrote: "he does love her!!! he wouldn't go to all that trouble if he didn't love her!!!!!!"

because he is sick and sadistic and wants to take over the Everneath


Kimberly Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote: "Gaby wrote: "he does love her!!! he wouldn't go to all that trouble if he didn't love her!!!!!!"

because he is sick and sadistic and wants to take over the Everneath"


Yes, I agree 100%. He my love her, but he loves the idea of taking over the Everneath more.


message 37: by JE (new) - rated it 5 stars

JE No he loves Nik more! It's so obvious guys. Read the novella


message 38: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa YA!!!! HE LOVES HER!!!!! they belong together!! who cares if she becomes queen of the everneath with him??!!??!?! Atleast she will be a queen of something and besides she would be immortal. Cole is doing her a favor!


Gabibon GOD. I was so pissed about how the end of Everbound ended..because Cole is now presented as the BAD GUY when in actuality he's just a flawed character. I think the reason why I like him a lot more than Jack is because of his complexity and his conflicted choice of what is right and wrong. His love for Nikki might not be ideal and yes he did trick her, but she did act upon her own choices and kissed him from her own sheer of will..no one forced her. So in response to whether he LOVES Nikki is obvious as he says in the end that he felt betrayed when she did try to kill him (did you guys forget that?) and although that doesn't excuse or justify his actions, can you really blame him?

In all honesty though, I hope that Cole doesn't die or anything...cause that would just suck >____<


message 40: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa Gabibon wrote: "GOD. I was so pissed about how the end of Everbound ended..because Cole is now presented as the BAD GUY when in actuality he's just a flawed character. I think the reason why I like him a lot more ..."

I fully agree with ur statement. Cole is just a flawed character. That doesn't mean he's a bad person! And nikki DID do everything she did through her own will. So u r correct. Cole is not technally doing anything evil to her! And he shouldn't die!!! he is awsome and deep and complex!


message 41: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J Oh My. He so fooled me there! I kinda hoped that he is changing but when I read the last part!Ugh I don't know he confused me! But I know he did have feelings for Nik. It's just made me excited with Everbound! The wait is killing me!


Diane Nikki was the one obsessed with Jack, to the point she would do anything to get him back. Cole's fault was that he did nothing to get in her way, and now their paths are linked more tightly than ever. I think Nikki will end up Queen, and we'll see who finishes in her court.


Adriana I hope Nikki and Cole could end up together X3


message 44: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa Nikki & Cole forever! :)


message 45: by JE (new) - rated it 5 stars

JE Did you guys see the title of the third book?? For some reason it gives me hope for cole and nik :)


message 46: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa Jasmine wrote: "Did you guys see the title of the third book?? For some reason it gives me hope for cole and nik :)"


Whats it called?


Gabibon Gaby wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "Did you guys see the title of the third book?? For some reason it gives me hope for cole and nik :)"


Whats it called?"


It's called Evertrue


message 48: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa OOOOOOOOOOOH yay!!! but who is she ever true to?? cole or jack?? i hope its cole


message 49: by Robin (last edited Apr 28, 2013 02:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin (Bridge Four) I don't get it. Why are so many die hard Cole fans? He totally tricked Nikki multiple times now and ended up (view spoiler). Just seems silly to be all dreamy for him. Sure he might love Nikki but it isn't even close to the love and respect Nikki and Jack have for each other. (view spoiler) Hopefully Jack will become a little more three dimensional in Evertrue but honestly I just don't get all the swooning over the bad guy.


message 50: by Gaby (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gaby Testa hes not a bad guy!!!!!!! hes misunderstood!!!!! he may do bad things! but he can be good if he wanted to!!!! I mean look at all the good things he did for nikki!!! he took her to the everneath to get to jack. She kinda does owe him one now. Without cole, jack would be stuck in the everneath. He basically saved jacks life in a way...


« previous 1 3
back to top

all discussions on this book | post a new topic


Books mentioned in this topic

Everbound (other topics)
Abandon (other topics)
Until I Die (other topics)