The Next Best Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angie (Literary Labors) (angie) For those of you who've read the series, should it be read in chronological order or publication order?

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 86 comments Publication, the older ones are all my favorites, and it's interesting to see the world develop, even if that means the events are a bit out of order.

message 3: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) | 954 comments When I read the series, I read it in publication order. Ahhh, love this series.

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily | 12 comments I loved these books! I would also recommend reading them in publication order, so that you can see how the author developed the world and its history; it's somehow even more exciting to read about, say, Martin's adventures when you know that he'll eventually be legendary.

message 5: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) | 954 comments So, funny Redwall story that's not that funny... my boyfriend picked Martin as his confirmation name (he's Catholic) not because of the saint or anything, but because of Martin the Warrior from Redwall.
(I think when I found out that was how I knew it was love)

message 6: by Angie (Literary Labors) (last edited Mar 17, 2009 09:50PM) (new)

Angie (Literary Labors) (angie) April, every girl who reads your post must do the obligatory girly 'Aaaaaahhhhh'. :)

That's so cute.

Thanks for your opinion, all. I was considering reading the series in chronological order, but I'm now for certain reading it in publication order.

message 7: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) | 954 comments Angie wrote: "April, every girl who reads your post must do the obligatory girly 'Aaaaaahhhhh'. :)

That's so cute.

Thanks for your opinion, all. I was considering reading the series in chronological order, but..."

Yay! You'll have to update us on your progess with the books, let us know which characters you fall in love with, and how hungry the scone-descriptions make you.

P.S. I love your avatar. Mrs. Lovejoy FTW

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

All these books are so imaginative, and I don't think it really matters what order you read them in, which is nice. Each novel is a story unto itself.