Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Who will play the male leads?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
Sam, Jason & Bill's characters have been picked already I believe, but who will play Eric and Pam? They better be in the series!

Who is blond and hunky enough to be The Northman?

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie I've been thinking about this question for a while now, but couldn't think of anyone, so I didn't post. Then I just read part of an interview with Charlaine Harris. Check out this question and answer:

Q. Have the movie/television rights been sold for the Southern Vampire series? Who would you pick to portray Sookie, the Vampire Bill, Erik, Sam, Alcide, Jason, Bubba, and Tara?

A. Yes, the movie rights to Club Dead have been optioned. There was a guy in the movie The Thirteenth Warrior who would make a great Eric; not too surprisingly, he plays a Viking chieftain in the movie. I really haven't thought too much about it. Naturally, I would accept Hugh Jackman in any part he chose to accept.

So of course I had to look up The Thirteenth Warrior and see who she was talking about. Here's a link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120657/

She's got to be talking about Vladimir Kulich, don't you think? Ech! He's definitely not doing it for me!

message 3: by Susanne (new)

Susanne I just checked out the link, and ewwww. He is DEFINATELY not doing it for me at all! I totally agree with you Valerie.

message 4: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Yeah that's definitely not the face Eric has in my head... X-)

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie You guys can watch the first episode. Though Eric is not in it, he must come later. Check out the thread "True Blood Updates" to find out how to watch the first episode. It is apart of some survey but you don't have to give out any private information to watch.

message 6: by Angie (last edited May 28, 2008 09:59AM) (new)

Angie http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002907/

this is the guy playing Eric. If you look under the true blood updates thread you can also see some of the other characters. I think you guys are thinking of is Alexander Skarsgård's father to play Eric. His father was in the thirteenth tale.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Now that's a hot looking Eric. hes close to what I'd pictured

message 8: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments I think for some strange reason the only image I get in my head in association with Eric is (forgive me) Fabio type. Obviously not attitude or personality, just looks. I have no idea why but that is what I picture...

message 9: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments YUP...see Eric IS Fabio. Maybe they should have just gotten him to play Eric...LOL...he must be tired of doing "I can't believe it's not butter" commercials....

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Ooooo! Me likes! I think that guy will do just fine. Can't really see his body, but his shoulders look really broad.
What we really need to see are some naked shots. That's the only way to really know if he's THE ONE. Ha.

message 11: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Case in point:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

Eric = Fabio

:)

message 12: by Angie (new)

Angie That is him... but I do picture him a little thinner than Fabio.

message 13: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 60 comments Angie
Thanks for the link. I have been lurking here for weeks and searching for some of the trailers or pics and I am coming up empty except one on the HBO site that is a very short clip of production. Bill looks like I thought he should and what I could see of Sookie was not much but she seems the type. I think Alexander will fit the type as well. Acting skills is the next question. I hope they live up to the enjoment I have had with reading the series!

message 14: by Ranata (last edited Jul 10, 2008 09:41AM) (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Fabio is so not how I picture Eric. I see him more like the guy that dated Samantha on Sex in the City, the young guy named Smith? I think his real name is Jason Lewis. I think he's the hotness.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm333503462..., http://www.imdb.com/media/rm288093568... (short hair wouldn't work for Eric but if he grew it, he'd be good as Eric to me).

message 15: by Whitem101 (new)

Whitem101 | 1 comments LOL that is so funny I just joined so would you mind catching me up!!!!

message 16: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb Me either. Plus, Fabio can’t act. I can kind of see Jason Lewis at Eric but he’d definitely have to have his hair long like he did in Sex & the City.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I might be remembering this wrong, but I thought Eric was extremely young when he was turned. Like 16 or 17. Anyone seen the movie called The Covenant? (Young boys decended from five major Massachusetts witch families who come into their full magical powers on their 18th birthdays) Well, one of the actors in this movie makes me think of Eric when I see this movie. His name is Toby Hemingway and he plays Reid (one of the bad boys) in the movie. Check out the IMDb website on Toby, but some of the pictures don't do him justice. I just always pictured Eric as very young and so he seems to fit.

message 18: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I know the kid you are speaking of, Melissa. I always imagined Eric to be somewhere in his late 20s or early 30s so for me, Jason Lewis would totally work. The guy you speak of would work as Eric as well. Anybody but Fabio, please!

message 19: by Nicole (new)

There is always so much riding on the on screen characters. When you read a series, you have your own idea of what the characters look like. The Harry Potter series is a great example, as is the Twilight Saga series. Unfortunately (and sometimes fortunately) the on screen characters will be stuck in your memory thru the rest of the series. It is of utmost importance that they cast the series well!

message 20: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb That’s very true! I hate to say it but the casting I’ve seen so far hasn’t been that great to me. I’m sure they’ll all do an excellent job and I’ll probably change my mind, but when I think of how the characters look it just doesn’t match what I’m seeing with the casting, but then everyone has their own image of all the characters.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments Jason Lewis would work as an Eric as well but Fabio lol he's way too cheesy. Toby heming way is cute but I don't see him as Eric.