Eco Friends discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Manhattan, New York~ Year 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 438 (438 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Kaitie♥ (last edited Mar 15, 2009 10:20AM) (new)

Kaitie♥ (HoodiesGirl) | 1516 comments Mod
The sky was dark and cloudy, the air suffocating and cruel; there wasn't a star in the sky.
Kaitie walked down the rocky pavement of Manhattan, New York. As she was looking down, she saw that taking even taking a couple steps, she'd find herself walking in other people's litter. Kaitie looked up and saw that there was at LEAST 4 gabage cans around. Kaitie sighed in disgust and pulled out a glove from her pocket and bent down to pick up the garbage.
(oh, and I think we should know each other? Or should we just meet each other for the first time?)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) ((lets know each other already))

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Mar 15, 2009 11:28AM) (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) The sky was dark and the air was suffocating.Max walked out of her town home in New York.She picked up a piece of litter with what looked like mold on it.People on the sidewalk threw more and more trash.On the sidewalks by the street there was bags,cans,bottles,buckets,etc. FULL of trash so you couldn't even walk on the side-walk.Max had to risk her LIFE to walk on the streets to school.On the way there she always passed the gas station.What was the price today?10.95 per gallon.What a rip-off.She was almost there all she had to do was pass the street dump.Now every street had a dump site,usually they would dig up the park and stuff trash in it and fill it up and move on.So far in the last 2 monthes her street has had 10 dumps.The 10th one right next to her middle school.The smell was horrific!Nothing like 2 day old mold!She finally reached her school.It really wasn't that far but Max still protested to her mom to drive her because no more bus service because of the sortage of gas.Plus her mom didn't want to waste gas.Max liked walking it was why she didn't like walking because of the smell.So her mom bought her a BIG box full of doctors masks.It was worth the 18.00 a month for them.Since it was so polluted she had to use 3 per trip.Not back and forth 3 on the trip to school and then 3 more back home.Which added up to 6 masks a DAY.

message 4: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) The sky was dark and the air was fulled with the smells of human waste. Violet sighed. She was on her way to school. She remembered her vist with her grandmother the other month. She had told her about how just 25 years ago, the air was almost clean and the gas was only $1.50 per gallon. There were parks, and the sky was clear and bright. There had once been a park in the middle of the city called Central Park. It had been known all around the world. It was little piece of green in a city full of gray. Violet wished with all her heart that she could have seen Central Park, but now it was only a trash dump; the biggest on in the city.

Her grandmother also told her about the about trees. There were no parks left in the city but one (which was not going to last long) and there for no trees. Violet vagly rememebered climbing a tree when she was very little, but other then that she couldn't remember anything about these plants her grandmother told her about. She said that they were once everywhere, miles and mile of trees. Again violet wished for something that she knew couldn't possibly happen.

She came out of her thoughts and looked around at the other people on the sidewalk. There were all dirty and scuffy. These were the people of the lower class of America, which she was one of them. These were people that couldn't efford gas or a new car. These were the people that were forsed to walk and breath this horrible air. These were the people of the world that were the ones most hit by the Gobal Crises.

Violet sighed. It was a deep heavy sigh was only heard when someone was truly without hope. She saw Max down the street and went up to talk to her. Coughing all the way. She had a very bad feeling that she was going to get lung cancer in the future. It didn't matter, she wasn't the only one.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Hi Violet,"Max coughed.She drank a bottle full with cough drops melted.She went "ahhhh".

message 6: by Violet (last edited Mar 15, 2009 12:10PM) (new)

Violet (violetspring) "Hey, can I have some," Violet said, voice scrachy.

Max always had something to help her throut. Violet wished her mother had enought money to get her something like what Max had. Money was always tight, for everyone. What with gas so high and the economy still in bad shape from the W. Bush years. And ofcourse there was a high chance that things would get worse. Violet wished that she was born in the past. Where everything was wonderful, and people had money. She sighed, she knew that wasn't going to happen again, a least not in her life time.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Of course,"Max said.

She always had a lot of stuff since her mom was a lawyer and all she used to work in the World Trade Center but she lived in it crashed in 9/11/01 but that was when she was 20.her paycheck is huge but she now works in the empire state building which was 20 minutes from her house.

message 8: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) "Thanks," replied Violet. And without another word she gulped it all down. It helped, but her troat was still hurt. It was always hurting now, very since they stopped the buses.

Max and Violet walked together all the way to school. It was a brick building, right next to the block's dump. The building was built in 1905 and had seen a lot. Violet wondered what it saw, and how it thought about what it was going on today, if a building could do those things.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) Max and Violet walked in.

message 10: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) As they walked in they spotted Kaitie sitting on a bench.

"Hi Kaitie," said Violet, with a smile on her face, though she couldn't see it for she was still wearing her face mask.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Hi Vi,"Max siad.

message 12: by Kaitie♥ (new)

"Hey Max, Violet" Kaitie greeted them with a warm smile. Kaitie pulled down her scarf, that she kept on so she could breathe in the thick air.
"Had more cough drops, Max?" she asked, chuckling a little bit. "Do you guys remember a time when we DIDN'T need all this stuff to live?" she grimaced

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Nope I'm only 12!This all started when the time was 2006 which was when I was only 3!"Max said glumly.

message 14: by Kaitie♥ (last edited Mar 26, 2009 06:38PM) (new)

"Oh right...." Kaitie trailed off. "I was only four" she realized, smiling at her mistake. "My parents had continually reminded me of it though!" she concluded.

message 15: by Sarah (last edited Mar 15, 2009 03:33PM) (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Mine too well only my mom.Of course,"Max said sadly.
((I have a dad in real life!☺))

message 16: by Kaitie♥ (new)

"oh right..." kaitie looked down ashamed to bring that up.
(lol, nice! me too :) lol)

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) ((yeah))

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "It's ok Kaitie my dad died when I was 2 so I barely remeber him so how can I miss him?"Max said.

message 19: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie stood up and walked away from the bench to face her friends. "Do you think we'll ever see a ...'forest' soon?" she asked worrily. "I've only seen a couple when I was little....there's not that many anymore"

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Duh just like the Amazon,"Max said opening her locker right beside that was right by the bench.

The builders had to rebuild the school a tad.With the air pollution kids couldn't go outside to there lockers so the made walls around the commons.So the outdoor benches...they were now inside.

message 21: by Kaitie♥ (new)

"Like everywhere" Kaitie replied back, walking over to her locker besides Max's.

(lol. Nice use of Commons :). Our commons is indoor though :) Does the commons in the story have a roof?)

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) ((yeah))

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) Max took a book."This century sucks,"she said adjusting her backpack strap.

message 24: by Kaitie♥ (new)

"Class time?" she asked to both them?

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "The bell is about to ring,"said Max looking at the clock.8:29 1 more sucky minute till science the most boring class of the century.

message 26: by Kaitie♥ (new)

"You know," Kaitie said with a laugh, "I think it'd be wise if they'd actually start teaching us stuff about the enviroment! Instead of the usual, mountain, hill, chemical, blah blah blah" she complained as they headed to classroom 682. They walked on the dried grass as there was no sunlight coming from the roof

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Yeah,"Max said laughing.

message 28: by Kaitie♥ (new)

"oh wait!" Kaitie almost yelled out with the background noise of the squeaking of her eco friendly converses against the one cement pavement. "We almost forgot Violet" she whispered with a little smile and turned around in a 180

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Oh right but isn't that her in the class room?"Max asked.

message 30: by Kaitie♥ (new)

"righttttt" kaitie laughed at her silliness. "Plus plus plus!" she added, "She's in a different grade than us :) I can't believe we forgot she's in 8th grade!" She turned back around and scurried off to class

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Yeah,"Max said laughing.

message 32: by Kaitie♥ (new)

~During Class~
The ground shook, dust swirled furiously outside the window.
"What's happening?!" a new girl from texas screamed in fear.
"Newbie" I whispered to Max
There wasn't enough plants in the ground to keep the soil together and intact, so every so often, it would replay the dust bowl but less extreme.

message 33: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do As ((lets say my real name was ummmmmm Sam.)) as sam walked threw Manhattan, he could smell the horable gasses from the dump that was being bernd. "why does New York have to be like this.....ok I better get going, I have to get to a Aikido class." said Sam.

message 34: by Violet (last edited Mar 16, 2009 03:24PM) (new)

Violet (violetspring) Meanwhile, in Violet's class.....

She sighed, looking out at the window at the dust storm that just blowed in. It engulfed the people unforgent to be out there, engulfing them in a dirt that wouldn't come off for weeks. These were coming more and more often. What with most of the Earth's plants dying for some reason or another.

The world was spiraling down into a deep and dark hole. If only the could have gotten out of that hole sooner, then it would be easyer to live. But no, the people of the past refused to do something and now we were sufforing.

RING!!!!!

Lunch bell. Violet picked up her bags and headed off to lunch.

The lunchroom was crowded with the students of the small school. The long slient lunch lines, stood gostly in the corner. The school couldn't afford to surve lunch anymore, because of the cost. With the gas prices high and there being very few lands that could grow food, the price of food was very high.

Violet saw Max, and Kaitie, sitting at their usual place in the far corner by the window. She went over to join them.

"Hi, everyone," she said, taking out her meager lunch of a samwitch (ham and almost moldy cheese) and a busied apple.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) Kaitie♥ wrote: "~During Class~
The ground shook, dust swirled furiously outside the window.
"What's happening?!" a new girl from texas screamed in fear.
"Newbie" I whispered to Max
There wasn't enough plants ..."

"Yeah,"Max whispered back.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) Violet wrote: "Meanwhile, in Violet's class.....

She sighed, looking out at the window at the dust storm that just blowed in. It engulfed the people unforgent to be out there, engulfing them in a dirt that wou..."

"Hi,"Max said moving closer to Kaitie.

message 37: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) "Guess what I learned about in history, today? But before you guess, it was about what happened in our life time and it's something that has to do with water," quized Violet, eyeing Kaitie's lunch enviously.

She always had the best lunch, and Max almost always wanted some. Greedy, Max. But who could blame her? Even though her mom was a lawyer, Max couldn't always have what Kaitie had in her lunch. So genrally she wanted some.

message 38: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do Sam looked at the old aikido bilding that was a moldy and rusted place in stead of a teaching place. "there is a note on the door......" as sam walked to it and read it. Dear class I am sorry that there is no class to day or for the next week... some people shut this place down and I am trying to start it agen. Peace be with you and I hope I will see you agen.....

Great! This is the only thing that Jack could do to get away from the hard life! "I hate this! I am a Black belt and I want to get more blet's but the aikido place is shut down!" said Sam. Just then there was a huge gust of wind and dirt went every where. "ugggg" grunted Sam as the dirt went into his eyes.

message 39: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) ( Poor Sam =( )

message 40: by Kaitie♥ (new)

Kaitie saw Max at the corner of her, eyeing her lunch. She discreetly slightly pushed her lunch toward Max, offering her to share part of it.
"Something in our lifetime?" Kaitie exclamed in joy, then realize, the news sounded bad. "What happened Violet?" She asked curiously as Max continued to chow down her lunch

message 41: by Dibily Do (last edited Mar 16, 2009 07:53PM) (new)

Dibily Do as Sam was geting coverd with dust he heard a sqeeking sound coming from the bilding. "WHAT THE!!!" said Sam as he saw the old bilding leaning towards him. The dust was flying more harder now. It felt like pantballs hiting you in the face. Just then evey thing hapend in the flash. The hole bilding came crashing down on Sam. 'GOOOOOOOD THING I KNOW AIKIDO!!!' he thought as he doged some of the bilding as it came down on him.....

message 42: by Violet (last edited Mar 17, 2009 01:28PM) (new)

Violet (violetspring) "Have you ever heard of a state named Hawaii? It was a state, out in the Pafic Ocean. Until it sunk into the sea. It was supposly very beautiful, a very big vacation spot." said Violet.

message 43: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do As the bilding came crashing down on Sam. He jumped out of the way just in time. CRASH!!!! there was that horable ear breaking sound that Sam did not like. "WHY CANT I BE IN HAWAII???!!!" shouted Sam.

message 44: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) "I wish I could have seen Hawaii...." wished Violet.

message 45: by Dibily Do (last edited Mar 21, 2009 07:16PM) (new)

Dibily Do Sam sighed.... 'Where could he go..... his dad and mom was working and one day they never showed up to the house agen! The house was shut down because that was the only bilding that was standing in the peoples way to make a other trash dump! His hotel told him to pay or go! Now where?' thought sam as the dust storm was still in rage....

message 46: by Kaitie♥ (new)

"oh ya!" Kaitie exclaimed. "oh..." kaitie sighed. "I wish I could've seen it! What do you think Max?"

message 47: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) They all turned to look at Max, who was staring out the window.

message 48: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) (sam should come to our school, or meet one of us and stay at one of our houses, or something like that)

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Parker (sarahlizaparker) "Say what?Oh excuse me I was just looking a the big gap on the street.I guess the earthquake was too strong for it,"Max said dreamily.

message 50: by Violet (new)

Violet (violetspring) "Earthquake? In New York?" asked Violet confused.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.