Beantown Bookworms discussion

Book talk on the Gardner Heist

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ulrich (new)

Ulrich (ulrichboser) | 6 comments Friends,

I will be reading from my new book The Gardner Heist at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 17 at the Barnes & Noble at the Prudential Center, 800 Boylston. And then, two nights later, on March 19, I will be giving a talk at the Boston Public Library at 6:30 p.m. I do hope that you might swing by one or even both events.

As many of you know, my book is about the largest art heist in history, the March 1990 robbery of the Gardner museum in Boston. While there have been thousands of leads-- and a $5 million reward--not a single painting has ever been recovered. My book looks at the art, the museum, and the various suspects—and tells the story of my investigation into the case, how I uncovered the identities of the men who looted the museum almost twenty years ago.

HarperCollins released the book last month, and we've received great reviews in the Boston Globe, Vanity Fair, the Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal, among others. And the book is selling well--it's currently # 5 on the Globe's
best-seller list.

Please swing by either event if you have the time. It would be great to meet in person!

message 2: by Niche (new)

Niche | 2 comments I listened to you on NPR this weekend. It sounds very interesting.

message 3: by Ulrich (new)

Ulrich (ulrichboser) | 6 comments Fun. Thanks. Yeah, I thought it was an interesting show too. If you come to the event, please come by and say hello. Always nice to meet people in person.