Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General IR Book Discussion > What interracial books have the best cover in your opinion?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
We were discussing covers on the Yahoo group. Do you guys know of any IR books that have really standout covers in your opinion? I'll have to ponder that and get back to you.

message 2: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2005 comments Mod
Hmmm. I like the covers for:

Lover's Redemption by Kimberley Kaye Terry
Beyond the Rapture Beverly Clark
Twist of Fate by Beverly Clark
Scandal In Copper Lake by Marilyn Pappano
Zoe by TA Ford
Three Wishes and No Commitment Req'd (I love the couple but not too jazzed about the rendering) by Seressia Glass
Taking Care of Business by Brenda Jackson (LOVE this cover)
Worth Her Wait by Layne Blacque
Kyriakis Curse by Eve Vaughn
Kindred by PJ Dean

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Wow you came up with a lot. I'm having trouble deciding. I like Delaney's Desert Sheikh's cover, because it's so cool to see an African American woman as a sheikh's object of desire. When I saw the cover the first time, I grabbed the book and almost did a jig in the store. I love sheikh books. :)

Zoe is a great cover. I like that one. I like the couple on the cover of No Commitment Required to. I like the cover of Fate as well (by Pamela Leigh Starr), the first one with the couple on it.

I like the cover of Before Dawn Breaks, One Evening in London, and Kiss of Ashen Twilight also. Scandal in Copper Lake does have a very handsome couple and like the embrace they have. Have you read that one yet?

message 4: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Ooh that's another good one. Delaney's Desert Sheikh.
I have the old Fate cover so I had to dash over and see the new one. That's beautiful! I like the couple on there. :-)

Thanks Danielle! I'm so jazzed you like my covers. :-) I can't credit for A Kiss of Ashen Twilight or the rendering of the new London cover though I did the others. The artists did a bang up job on those covers indeed.

I haven't read Scandal in Copper Lake yet. The Outlander series threw me off schedule cause I didn't expect to like them as much as I did. I hope to read that soon but I'm in a historical groove at the moment!

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I am impressed at your Renaissance Woman abilities, Rae, seriously. Regarding Scandal at Copper Lake, well at least you have something to look forward to. I have hesitated because I don't really like that the hero was hesitant to have a relationship with a Black woman. I know that's real but I like it better when the hero is like "let's go for it." :)

message 6: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6626 comments Mod
I am not saying this because Rae is a buddy of mine, but it's true. Both covers to One Evening In London are pretty covers.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Same here, Arch.

message 8: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

It's much appreciated to know though cause sometimes I'm not sure if I get the affect I hope when I create covers and things. Good to know they worked this go 'round. :-)

As for Scandal, really? Yeah, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth as well. :-/

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I am an optimist. I'd rather the issue in the IR book be "should I be dating outside of my race." I'd rather there be other sources of conflict.

message 10: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I agree. I'm almost done with this book and I notice it kinda works in here with the main source of conflict. Sometimes I want conk the hero over the head but it's more so cause of his other traits than the hesitation. All of which makes him who he is but it works because of where he came from.

But yeah, if you're an avid IR reader this main source of conflict has been done many a times. I do think it's handled well here.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I feel that he has the issue and that's the conflict. He is not okay with owning his choices in life. To me that seems like a bit of insecurity. I have not read the book so I can't judge. I'll read it at some point because I like the cover a lot and the heroine seems really cool. Also Pat gave it glowing reviews.

message 12: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments Okay..I have to say that I like several of mine. They are Junk 'n' her Trunk, Taken by Storm, Loving True, Slow Seduction, Crossing the Railroad and Dangerous Bet Troy's Revenge.

I'll be back to post about other author's covers that I like later.

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

You do have some nice covers, Marie. I am really liking Slow Seduction. Wow!

message 14: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments Thank you. I love that one myself.

message 15: by new_user (new)

new_user These are my fave IR covers:

Red Sky (Indigo Love Spectrum) by Renee Alexis Can't Get Enough Of Your Love by J.J. Murray Too Much of a Good Thing by J.J. Murray No Commitment Required (Indigo) by Seressia Glass Storm (Love Found, Book 5) by Pamela Leigh Starr

message 16: by Marie (new)

Marie (marierochelle) | 81 comments Excellent choices.
Marie

message 17: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Gorgeous covers indeed, NU!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I like all of those covers, New_User.

message 19: by PT (new)

PT (spinsterpt) | 319 comments Ooh, I like the covers to Jean Sumerix's Rendevous with Fate (the reprint), Rock Star, Politics of Love. I like couples who are interacting.
And yes, I'll admit it. I love the naked torso, too. I know they cut off the heads because it's essentially the same core group of guys, but whoa Nelly! What a group they are.

message 20: by new_user (new)

new_user I like the Rendezvous cover too, and the Just Like Candy cover, LOL.

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Oh I really like that new cover for Rendezvous. The old cover was kind of silly looking. I wish I had that cover instead of the older one (pouting).

message 22: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Ohh Outlander as in Jamie?

Rae wrote: "Ooh that's another good one. Delaney's Desert Sheikh.
I have the old Fate cover so I had to dash over and see the new one. That's beautiful! I like the couple on there. :-)

Thanks Danielle! I'm so..."

message 23: by PT (new)

PT (spinsterpt) | 319 comments new_user wrote: "I like the Rendezvous cover too, and the Just Like Candy cover, LOL."

There is a book out there that has that same woman and pose with a black man. I tried to compare to see if it was edited and I think it was. Just not sure which one was the original.

message 24: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Sharon wrote: "Ohh Outlander as in Jamie?"

What?! Where!? LOL

I LOVE Jamie Fraser. Whoo. I had dreams about that man for days after reading Outlander. One of my fave books. :-D

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I'll have to read it when I feel like investing my time in a 700 page novel. I have had endless numbers of people recommending the book.

message 26: by JeanieandJayha (new)

JeanieandJayha | 139 comments Rae wrote: "Hmmm. I like the covers for:

Lover's Redemption by Kimberley Kaye Terry
Beyond the Rapture Beverly Clark
Twist of Fate by Beverly Clark
Scandal In Copper Lake by Marilyn Pappano
Zoe by TA Ford
Th..."

this may be politically incorrect (then again no one has accused me of ever being PC)...but i considere jeanie and jayha (ours) covers pretty dym slamming...

VISCERAL: The Fairy and the Wolf by Jeanie Johnson
The Wild, Wild Nothing Less: Victorious by Jayha Leigh
KILLER CROSSOVER: Hot up in the Capture by JandJ
ADVENTURES ARE HUSH: What Happens in Vegas by JandJ and Yazmin Taylor and Reid Randolph

the other covers can be peeped here:
http://stores.lulu.com/jayha

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Not politically incorrect at all. :)

message 28: by JeanieandJayha (new)

JeanieandJayha | 139 comments Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "Not politically incorrect at all. :)"

thanks...smile

message 29: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

It's a great bookcover. I like the cover for Tempting Faith too. That guy's a hottie! ;)

message 30: by Reana (new)

Reana Malori (reana_malori) | 6 comments I always like the ones that show a man with a hot body. The Mr. Fix It Cover is nice - shows his "need" for her.

message 31: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "I'll have to read it when I feel like investing my time in a 700 page novel. I have had endless numbers of people recommending the book."

Yeah, it is pretty big but the thing is it goes by so fast cause things keep happening after the other lol. I would so read it again right now but I'm already emotionally beat and that book put me through the ringer. Whew.

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That's like two smaller books, Rae. One day I will tackle Outlander. Not just yet, though.

Speaking of covers, I like the covers to Stephanie Morris' books about the sisters. The guys are cute and the girls are cute and look natural at the same time. I like the cover to Reana's book and to The Lord and The Scorpion by Shiree McCarver.

Reana the hot guys are nice. :)

message 34: by Paganalexandria (last edited Dec 01, 2012 10:10AM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments These are a couple of my favorite covers: Love Script Deluxe Edition by Tiffany Ashley (she's so pretty); Rescued by Arlene Lam (old school bodice ripper feel);

Naked by Megan Hart ; Mistress to the Beast by Eve Vaughn

I'm superficial enough for a pretty cover to get me every time. I'm paper book cover snob but have had to relax that rule for eBooks (especially self published IR).

message 35: by Fashionista (new)

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 439 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "These are a couple of my favorite covers:Love Script Deluxe Edition by Tiffany Ashley (she's so pretty); Rescued by Arlene Lam (old school bodice ripper feel);

[bookcover:Naked|7708628..."

I know, a good cover will get me everytime too. It's great when you can find an IR book that doesn't have your typical awful stock photos!

message 36: by Paganalexandria (last edited Dec 02, 2012 12:19PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Fashionista wrote: "I know, a good cover will get me everytime too. It's great when you can find an IR book that doesn't have your typical awful stock photos!
"

I know there are so many books on my kindle have this same girl on them: The President's Girlfriend by Mallory Monroe

message 37: by Fashionista (new)

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 439 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Fashionista wrote: "I know, a good cover will get me everytime too. It's great when you can find an IR book that doesn't have your typical awful stock photos!
"

I know there are so many books on..."

@Pagan - I am soooo tired of seeing this couple. They have been on too many covers.

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Fashionista wrote: "@Pagan - I am soooo tired of seeing this couple. They have been on too many covers. "

It's like their the Fabio of IR except when his covers were at their peak the hair color and style of dress would change to match each book's theme. lol

message 39: by Lolita (new)

Lolita (nerdylola82) | 10 comments Fashionista wrote: "I love these covers:
Beast by Pepper PaceCrash by Pepper PaceCharade (The Games Series, #1) by Nyrae DawnReconstructing Jada Channing  by Savannah J. FriersonThe Beauty Within by Savannah J. FriersonBeast by Pepper PaceCrash by Pepper PaceCharade (The Games Series, #1) by Nyrae DawnReconstructing Jada Channing  by Savannah J. FriersonThe Beauty Within by Savannah J. Frierson[bookcover:..."

I just finished the Beast today and I was thinking that the cover was one of my favorites.

message 40: by Lolita (new)

Lolita (nerdylola82) | 10 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "These are a couple of my favorite covers:Love Script Deluxe Edition by Tiffany Ashley (she's so pretty); Rescued by Arlene Lam (old school bodice ripper feel);

[bookcover:Naked|7708628..."

Love Script: Deluxe is another favorite cover of mine. It was one of the first ebooks that I came across before I had an ereader and I was glad to come across it again.

message 41: by Fashionista (new)

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 439 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Fashionista wrote: "@Pagan - I am soooo tired of seeing this couple. They have been on too many covers. "

It's like their the Fabio of IR except when his covers were at their peak the hair color ..."

@ Pagan - I know, right? LOL ;-) O_o

message 42: by The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (last edited Dec 03, 2012 02:41PM) (new)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments Hmm, covers can sometimes be a make or break thing for me. I've been pretty jazzed about these three from the fantasy/urban fantasy genre:
Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone Daughter of the Sword (Fated Blades, #1) by Steve Bein and Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1) by Jay Kristoff .

As far as IR there are some real winners here like Again by Sharon Cullars Gold Mountain by Sharon Cullars Living Violet (The Cambion Chronicles, #1) by Jaime Reed Happily Even After (The Second Time Around #1) by Lena Matthews - especially this one because you seldom see a sexy cover with a pregnant woman on it. Add to that a pregnant woman of color.

Naked by Megan Hart - even though I wasn't impressed with the book at all.

For IR M/M romance, these covers rocked my world: Somatesthesia by Ann Somerville Live Love...Last by G.A. Hauser and Scorpion by Aleksandr Voinov .

The problem with IR covers is access to good stock photos with IR couples, especially black women and men of other races. We've all seen the same pictures of the same couple in a clench on many different books. Or worse, those absolutely HORRID Poser covers. Sorry, but I'd rather see flowers or fractals than some static computerized images.

I've suggested that anyone with an artistic bent should lend their talents to rectifying this lack in exchange for developing a professional portfolio or perhaps a small fee for their services. Sometimes we have to help each other as a community and pool our resources.

message 43: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 5 comments TheFountainPenDiva wrote: "Hmm, covers can sometimes be a make or break thing for me. I've been pretty jazzed about these three from the fantasy/urban fantasy genre:
Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone[bookcover:Daughter ..."

DEFINITELY agree!

message 44: by Fashionista (new)

Fashionista  (fashionista99) | 439 comments Lolita wrote: "Fashionista wrote: "I love these covers:
Beast by Pepper PaceCrash by Pepper PaceCharade (The Games Series, #1) by Nyrae DawnReconstructing Jada Channing  by Savannah J. Frierson[bookcover:The Beauty Withi..."

Oooooo...I love Pepper Pace! I have read all her books.
Beast is really good. Christopher is sweet.

message 45: by Paganalexandria (last edited Dec 03, 2012 09:09PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Fashionista wrote: "Lolita wrote: "Fashionista wrote: "I love these covers:"

What is the ethnic pairing in Charade (The Games Series, #1) by Nyrae Dawn ? I keep seeing this book but wasn't sure if it was IR or was she just dark Italian or something.

message 46: by Laura (last edited Jan 15, 2013 10:22AM) (new)

Laura | 302 comments Here are some of my favorite IR cover's todate: What the Earl desires (Rakes and Rogues, #1) by Aliyah Burke and The Sweet Spot by Kimberly Kaye Terry and Tatted by Renee LaRuse and A Little Harmless Fascination (Harmless, #7) by Melissa Schroeder .

Then there is Illicit Christmas and Vera Roberts "S&M (Scott & Mariana). I am adding on Black Butterfly by Sienna Mynx

Paganalexandria  | 4064 comments Oh I forgot the cover with the hottest cover model:
Player's Ultimatum by Koko Brown

message 49: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I'm not exactly sure if this IRR or not, but I really like this cover:

Dido's Prize by Eugenia O'Neal

message 50: by AKA (new)

AKA (mskingspens) | 689 comments The Grunt by Latrivia S. Nelson Mistress to the Beast by Eve Vaughn Second Chances by Delaney Diamond

These are a few of my favorites!

« previous 1