Jersey City Book Club discussion

getting started

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Becky (rebexy) Hi Meghan, I've been looking for a local book club! I see it's just you so far, but I'd be happy to get things started and we can hopefully get more people on board.

Becky

message 2: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:30AM) (new)

Meghan (stagnantartist) | 5 comments Mod
sounds good... i have a couple friends around here that i think i can drag into here as well. What do you want to start to read? I am currently reading a nice thick book right now called the Outlander. So far not so bad, but i am only 150 pages into it and it is over 800....hehe. Let me know what you would like to read for our first book. I am excited as well. I have been dying to do something like this for a while.

message 3: by nicole (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:45AM) (new)

nicole i'd be totally down for it too!

message 4: by Becky (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:45AM) (new)

Becky (rebexy) well as there's no theme for the book club, and people may be into different kinds of books, maybe each person could pick a book for each month. that way we may get to read things we wouldn't normally pick up. what do you think?

message 5: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:46AM) (new)

Meghan (stagnantartist) | 5 comments Mod
i like that idea too. Anyone want to pick out the first one? Give me a good reason to start a new book since i am getting totally engrossed into the one i am reading now! hehe

message 6: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:24PM) (new)

Jessica | 1 comments i am all about it. I have been into lots of non-fiction lately and like to read science-y type stuff, but I am willing to break out of my nerd-hole.