Ratebeer Readers discussion

1 view
Private.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William (acknud) Should I make this a private group? I didn't anticipate people just dropping in. It said it was a group for ratebeer so I just assumed that would be who used it. I would never think about joining a group for fat housewives but that's just me.

message 2: by Claude S (new)

Claude S | 200 comments My vote is yes. I think I messed up and added some friends that I shoudln't have.

message 3: by Muzzlehatch (new)

Muzzlehatch | 168 comments I guess I'd say no. After all, if someone finds this, and sees that we're a bunch of beergeeks AND we're (at least slightly) literate, s/he might take a gander at Ratebeer. Worst comes to worst we get some people that think we're weird, and I'm sure we've all dealt with that...it's not as if the number of members is starting to mushroom.

message 4: by Claude S (new)

Claude S | 200 comments continuing muzzlehatch's theme, we could always go private later. I just hope I make the cut.

message 5: by Frank (new)

Frank Hays (logicalfrank) | 40 comments Keep it public. I'd rather it be easy for more RateBeerians to join even if that means we get a couple outsiders. Even something simple like having to send a quick private message on here or a beermail will keep people from joining.

message 6: by Muzzlehatch (new)

Muzzlehatch | 168 comments What Frank said. We're not at the point yet where it's going to be easy to get healthy discussions going; I wouldn't necessarily want to see 1000 members here, but I've been on some yahoo groups with 10-20-30 members and they've usually stagnated. I think 50, at the least, is a good number to shoot for.