What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Parasite
This topic is about The Parasite
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Horror: Woman Possessed by Aleister Crowley [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michelle Grant (firefightrix) | 72 comments The book begins with a young girl being locked in a room in a rummored to be haunted house where she is possessed by a ghost that turns out to be Aleister Crowley. It then fast forwards to her as an adult, pregnant and weird things begin to happen. The Golden Dawn are attempting to resurrect Crowley using her baby.

Michelle Grant (firefightrix) | 72 comments Just a repost to see if any new members have read it. Two things I remember. When the girl is leaving to go to the haunted house, "the magic flute" is being played at her house. And when as a pregnant adult she takes a transcendental mediation class, her body sits up and looks at her soul near the ceiling.

Michelle Grant (firefightrix) | 72 comments Just reposting to drag this into the light again. Any takers?
"The book begins with a young girl being locked in a room in a rummored to be haunted house where she is possessed by a ghost that turns out to be Aleister Crowley. It then fast forwards to her as an adult, pregnant and weird things begin to happen. The Golden Dawn are attempting to resurrect Crowley using her baby."

message 4: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments Marion Zimmer Bradley wrote a series of books that include a Crowley-like character, either as a direct part of the story or the creepy backstory parts.

I've only read one of them, but this could be the plot of one of the others.

Shadow's Gate Series
Ghostlight
Witchlight
Gravelight
Heartlight

Colin MacLaren Series (Heartlight is also part of this cycle)
Witch Hill
The Inheritor
Dark Satanic

Michelle Grant (firefightrix) | 72 comments Thanks for these ideas. It does not seem to be any of these. (Although, I may now have to read one of them). From what I remember, the author mentions Aliester Crowley and the Golden Dawn by name, or by some name close enough to the correct one that when I learned of them as an adult I recognized it. Also, in the first chapter the girl is taken by the ghost, and then passes out. Then the story resumes years later whens she is an adult and pregnant (big time jump). If anyone else has any ideas I appreciate it!

Michelle Grant (firefightrix) | 72 comments The Parasite by Ramsey Campbell

I FOUND IT! I actually stumbled upon the right key words in Google to pop up this book.
Icons of Horror and the Supernatural Two Volumes An Encyclopedia of Our Worst Nightmares (Greenwood Icons) by S.T. Joshi

And it referenced the book. I am so relieved. I am sure it is not as good as I remember, but as a 12 year old it terrified me!

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 108 comments Oh, cool! And it's by Ramsey Campbell, who I love, but I haven't read it!