Lois McMaster Bujold Fans discussion

Group Business > Poll ideas

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

Vorlady | 285 comments Mod
Do you have any poll ideas for the group?

Want to know what other people think about something Lois McMaster Bujold related? Here's a place to put your ideas.....

Just to get us started I made one for which series/universe you like best.

what are some other possibilities?

message 2: by Kiri (new)

Kiri (kirious) | 147 comments Mod
I'm more interested in discussion than polls.

message 3: by vorbore, Ma Kosti's Apprentice (new)

vorbore | 284 comments Mod
I made one too, just to see how it works, but I am also more for discussions.

message 4: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

interesting poll! :-)

I'm wondering if poll ideas/results would generate discussion or appeal to some people who might not be comfortable with discussion but happy to vote....

but if people aren't interested that's okay too

now that we know how to use them we could use them to help choose future books for reading/discussion if we want.

message 5: by vorbore, Ma Kosti's Apprentice (last edited Mar 12, 2009 12:54PM) (new)

thank you *curtsy* :)

We gather the propositions and than make a poll to decide, I like that.

message 6: by vorbore, Ma Kosti's Apprentice (new)

I missed the last three polls for the next reading, simply because I forgot to check if there were any new polls. Could a circular letter be sent to all members when a new poll about what we would be reading next is started?

message 7: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

vorbore wrote: "I missed the last three polls for the next reading, simply because I forgot to check if there were any new polls. Could a circular letter be sent to all members when a new poll about what we would ..."

hmmm.... I thought that I was broadcasting a message to the group each time I put up a poll (sometime, but not always a reminder as well) along with a message letting people know what the results of the poll were. Has anyone received these messages? perhaps I'm doing something wrong....

message 8: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

I just sent out a test message to the group and asked people to let me know if they receive it. If you don't get a message from me with a "Test" subject line let me know!!

message 9: by vorbore, Ma Kosti's Apprentice (new)

I do not see any message anywhere on my home page here. I checked the inbox as well, and there is nothing new there... Maybe I am not looking at the right place??

message 10: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

hmmmm... it should be in your goodreads inbox -- there is a link on the upper right near where you sign out. I know at least myself 4 people in the group got the message I sent out for a test. I also have my goodreads account set up so it emails my email address letting me know I have messages or there are new posts. I don't understand why you aren't getting the messages. :-(

It's very odd.

message 11: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

I was just looking at my account information and there is a choice about who can send you messages on good reads -- just friends or anyone. I have mine set to anyone. Is yours set to just friends? (its on the right column of settings) -- I wonder if this makes a difference?

message 12: by vorbore, Ma Kosti's Apprentice (new)

OOkey, I've just changed that. Not very comfortable with this change though. Let's see what happens. Although there will be no tellin' before the next circular message is sent, I guess.
I suppose it would also make some uncomfortable to befriend with all of the members of this group. Or not? *smiling hopefully, consumed with paranoia*
Don't mind my paranoia too much though, I'll be fine :)

message 13: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

i'll be your friend *grin*

seriously though, if you're uncomfortable with the message change thing perhaps, since I've been sending most of the messages out, if you friend-ed me you'd get them?

message 14: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

I've created a fun poll and sent out invites to the group. Let me know if you don't get an invitation!

message 15: by vorbore, Ma Kosti's Apprentice (new)

I don't understand *sniff*
I got nothing. Zip. Nada.
Why does goodreads mail not love me. *more sniffs*

Actually, I am a bit annoyed. What did I do wrong? Stupid, stupid!

I have found a checkbox for getting an e-mail when someone invites me to a poll and I checked it just now. Maybe that'll help. Or maybe I am beyond help *boohoo*

message 16: by vorbore, Ma Kosti's Apprentice (new)

Vorlady wrote: "i'll be your friend *grin*

seriously though, if you're uncomfortable with the message change thing perhaps, since I've been sending most of the messages out, if you friend-ed me you'd get them?"

Even if I would figure out how to start receiving poll invitations, I don't expect it to work retroactively. Anyway, it would be enough for me to receive them in the future... Together with other announcements circulating in this group.

message 17: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

hmmm...

you are talking about in the notifications tab area?

you checked the box after I sent out the recent poll?

when I send out the poll message it said it was being sent to all the members (I checked the numbers).

Does anyone know if there is a way to get help with this type of issue? the help link at the bottom right of the page doesn't seem very helpful....

message 18: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

I"ve added another test poll to see if you get the message. It's to vote for your favorite armsman. I have my fingers crossed that you get the message!

message 19: by vorbore, Ma Kosti's Apprentice (new)

I've got the e-mail! I've got the e-mail!!
*dancing around the room in circles*
But not in the inbox here, but to my e-mail address.
Whatever, as long as it worked out!
*grinning like crazy*

message 20: by Vorlady, ImpSec Tech (new)

that's great!!! I'm so glad :-)
:-D