Natural Parenting discussion

Raising a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Jenks | 23 comments Mod
This book totally blew my mind. The fever thing especially. He's a little conspiracy-theory-y, butlots of good info even though the book's from the 1980s

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laernu) | 1 comments I love this book!

It came in so handy with our middle kid--he is so sensitive to everything, for a while I wondered what on earth I would do if he DID get sick.

Reading this book really set my mind at ease--that a healthy person's body is designed to deal with illness....that we don't need to panic and that there are alternatives to running to the doctor's office
:) :)

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Marie I actually just ordered this book so I am glad you both liked it. It was reccommended at a training I went to!

message 4: by polly (new)

polly | 5 comments It is great! One thing I really liked was that even though it was written in the 80s, he was already saying "don't overuse antibiotics...." and now we know that's absolutely been the case, that they've been used far too much.

It's a very helpful resource. Lots of it was familiar to me b/c my mom wasn't one to really try hard to reduce a fever, and we never received "cold medications" b/c she believed (correctly) that the body should suffer the symptoms to stay quiet, rest and fight the infection. I loved seeing that 'horse wisdom' in book form--by a doctor!