Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Hey guys!

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (findingjackie) I just found Sookie and I'm relatively new to goodreads. :)

I'm always soo slow to find new stuff. She's been out a while it seems and I just happened across one of her books at the local book store recently.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello!

Cheers!

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the series. Did you happen across the first book Dead Until Dark? Although it is more fun to start with the first (in my opinion), Charlaine does do a great summary of past and current events so whatever title you picked up you're sure to love!

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (findingjackie) Yep, I did start with Dead Until Dark. There was a little collection of her books. I'm not sure if all of them were there or not, since she was a new writer for me. I managed to figure out which of the ones sitting there were book 1 and 2. That's all I picked up at the time, not knowing if I were going to like Harris or not.

Well, I finished them both in 3 days! lol Now, I'm waiting til this weekend to go see if I can find the a few more. So far, I'm loving it. :)

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
Aren't they great! Yesterday I printed out the first chapter of the newest, not released title and read it in bed! Now I'm officially finished till the full release in May and I feel a little empty! So to fill the gap I'm going to get caught up on my Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich. Another addictive series!

message 5: by MJ (new)

MJ I just found Sookie Stackhouse because Shazzy told me about her. After I read the first book I then went to the library and checked out all the other books.

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie You are going to love them! I am so excited for you.

message 7: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Michael, totally glad you love Sookie. I read them after reading Twilight and I couldn't get into the first one at first, but I came back to it and love them!

message 8: by MJ (new)

MJ I am reading Living Dead in Dallas now.

message 9: by MJ (new)

MJ Well I have them all at home so it is just a matter of time.

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie We should start up a thread for each book... Nicole maybe you could set up a book section and movie From Dead to Worse-Spoilers into that section?

message 11: by MJ (new)

MJ That would be awesome

message 12: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Shazzy, me and you have to start an Eric love club. LOL

message 13: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Man Ranata that's really funny because the Twilight series's also what lead me to read the Sookie books. I had seen them in the bookstore way way before I ever picked them up, but when I finished Eclipse I went into vamp withdraw. CH gave me my fix ;)

message 14: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Colleen, that was me EXACTLY. I needed more vampires in my life so I went and got Sookie but picked up an urban book as well. I ended up reading the urban book and it's sequel before picking up Sookie again. I fell in love! LOL

message 15: by Larissa (new)

Larissa I too picked up this series after reading Twlight series - again. I wasn't ready to leave vampire fiction land! :)

message 16: by alicia (new)

alicia grant (shesha34) I just finished Dead Until Dark recently as well.It had been on my tbr for years.When i discovered there was going to be a show I figured what better time to start.I loved it and the show too.I just requested the 2nd book at the library so can't wait for that to come in.I also picked up another series Dead Witch Walking i keep hearing good things about that one as well.

message 17: by Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind) (last edited Oct 09, 2008 10:04PM) (new)

Kai Charles(Fiction State Of Mind) (fictionstateofmind) You will LOVE kim harrison's series i suggest you read them in order eventhough the first one has a bumpy start , she is such a great writer.

message 18: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 68 comments Nicole -

Where did you find the first chapter of Dead and Gone? I would love to read that!

message 19: by Angie (new)

Angie Kelly Anne if you notice the date of Nicole's post it is really old and not referring to Dead and Gone.

message 20: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1 comments Hi can someone please tell me when the ninth sookie book is coming out ?? I havnt been able to find anything about it . Thanks

message 21: by Angie (new)

Angie The books don't usually come out till May every year, so you probably won't start hearing about release dates until January.

message 22: by April (new)

April | 26 comments I think Charlaine Harris Q&A section of her site says that Book 9 comes out May 2009, but they'll post teaser chapter 1 in December around Christmas.