Movies We've Just Watched discussion

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 42 comments Saw this on Sunday and I was fully entertained! It's a long movie though and I had to have a bathroom break halfway through. I was sure to run both ways so I didn't miss too much of the movie.
SPOILER ALERT: The relationship trouble of the main characters was integral to the plot but definitely cheesy-rific. Also, there will definitely be a third movie. Towards the end of the movie there's an indication of a new assignment for Ben Gates & crew.
BTW: Nick Cage's new veneers give him a weird lispy-like accent.

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) Nicole, I'm glad you liked it, a lot of critics didn't. I just bought this on DVD, on sale. Regardless of anything, I enjoyed the first movie, had to own and watch the second film.

I stopped at the Spoler Alert. Will let you know my thoughts after watching it.

message 3: by George (new)

George | 951 comments I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was really up to the first.

message 4: by Tera Marie (new)

Tera Marie It was enjoyable. I took my oldest son to see it on opening day. He loved it and is begging me to buy it.

message 5: by David (new)

David (sfdavide) | 33 comments I hated the original and have not seen the newer one. This to me is the problem with Hollywood films today. I feel that filmmakers think we are dumb and cannot handle anything more intelligent then a stupid teen comedy or adventure film. There was a study recently that we actually lose brain cells when we see a film that does not challenge you mentally and u can gain some back when u see something challenging. I dont know about everyone else here but I, for one cannot afford to lose any mre brain cells. LOL

message 6: by Gail (new)

Gail D.C. | 228 comments I love national tresure! It was great and my whole family loves to sit and watch it again. We liked book of secrets but I sorta thought it was not quite up to snuff as well. I probly would not do well with the riddles but I love trying to figure out what comes next or what the next move should be. Somtimes I am right and sometimes not. On occasion I am dissapointed because I think of a better option then the movie people did and I think couldnt they try a little harder?