DC Comics Fans discussion

Comics > what's favorite character u love the most in DC world?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Affina (new)

Affina (freakylovers) | 2 comments I love them all,,,

hahaha

message 2: by Kurt (new)

Kurt | 5 comments Currently, I'm loving Geoff Johns' work on Green Lantern. Some really fabulous stuff. Wasn't much of a fan of GL before Johns' take on it. Really looking forward to Blackest Night. I'm sure everyone in this group is as well! haha

I enjoy and read nearly all titles that DC puts out. Batman is probably my favorite character overall.

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric Blood | 2 comments My favorite has always been Aquaman - in fact, I even started a book club about him! Check it out:

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

message 4: by Vojtěch (new)

Vojtěch Rabyniuk | 4 comments My number one is the last RIGHT GUY in the world Jesse Custer!:)

message 5: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (ralph_nater) I always rather liked the Green Lantern.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i have to agree with nathan.

message 7: by Steve (new)

Steve Chaput (stevec50) My favorite DC character has been Martian Manhunter for a long time, I was sorry to see him killed off. Second would be Robotman/Cliff Steele from Doom Patrol.

message 8: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (ralph_nater) I've always been rather partial to The Question as well.

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1 comments It's difficult to pick one, Green Arrow and Oracle have to be vying for top spot in my affections. I also quite like Booster Gold and Harley Quinn.

message 10: by Annice22 (new)

Annice22 | 219 comments Mod
There are just too many to name.

Some of my favorites including the big three (Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman) are:

- Tim Drake
- Dick Grayson
- Damian Wayne
- Batgirl (Stephanie Brown)
- Barbara Gordon
- Black Canary
- Green Arrow
- Huntress
- Superboy
- Supergirl
- Catwoman
- Harley Quinn
- Poison Ivy
- Static
- Wonder Girl
- Black Lightning
- Starfire
- Raven

And many more :)

message 11: by Bob (new)

Bob If I could only pick one I would say Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern with Batman a close second.

message 12: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Clough (brendaclough) | 130 comments I have been a Batman fan for many years!

message 13: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 415 comments If I had to pick one, it'd have to be Superman.

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin Flint | 59 comments its to hard to pick just one overall

message 15: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (rhwright) | 64 comments Too many to really pick just one, but if I throw in a few caveats:
1) A well-designed look that artists generally interpret well (people may have their favorite rendition, but it couldn't be one strongly associated with a single artist). Example: not Stargirl. She's not your typical busty/spandex heroine and most artists seem to have a tough time with a good interpretation.
2) Interesting powers/skills that make for a variety of good story possibilities and/or action. Example: as much as he is a favorite, not the Question.
3) A character adaptable enough that new stories can be done without grossly abusing what has come before. Or what I call resorting to Grant Morrison syndrome. Example: Superman. A writer and/or artist only has so much leeway on this before you lose what makes Superman great. It's why it's such a tough book to write and why it so often comes up short.

So, with that in mind, I'm going to go with Dr. Fate. Great basic design to interpret. A skill set that lends itself to straight action, high fantasy, horror, mystery/detective, team books, and solo work. And a malleable and fluid enough concept for a skilled writer to have options. Even the Fate series (after Zero Hour), though not my favorite, could not keep this concept down.