FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Information/Resources > RUBY- have you watched?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

mary elizabeth  Williams Hi all, I watched Oprah today and she had on Ruby, who has her own show about losing weight on the style network. She was great!! I really, really liked her. Has anyone watched her show? I don't get style network, so I will have to find some other way of getting them (maybe i-tunes).
I am an instant fan.

message 2: by Jenbrandau341 (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments Hey Beth! Sounds like a good show do you know what time frame the show comes on? If its in the eventings I can catch it. It sounds like my kind of show and I think I get style network so I will have to check it out. Thanks

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
I've seen it several times; I think it's on at random times. I've seen it during the day, when I've been home during the week and then on weekends too. Unfortunately, it's by accident because my newspaper doesn't tell what the Style network has on. Duh,,, I guess I could check the intranet though....
Seriously, it's pretty good. It shows everything she is going through, relationships, friendships, exercise, food, etc. It seems she is pretty honest. She hasn't had any kind of surgery, she is doing it through her physician and gets some kind of meals delivered to her (I think). She's a pretty likable person.

message 4: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) I think I know who you mean, but for the life of me I can't picture myself watching the Style Network... lol...

I think I saw an episode where her ex boyfriend called her and her friends were talking about how bad that would be for her to meet up with him... I am assuming this is hte woman...

message 5: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (wheeledk) | 158 comments Mod
I just set a series recording for Ruby on my DVR - it sounds like a cute show! I've been looking for something weight-loss oriented to watch since I ran out of new episodes of You Are What You Eat on BBC. Has anyone seen that show? It's weight loss via shock tactics and horrible sounding smoothies, but it's pretty entertaining.

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Trudy - that's the one. Her friends were afraid he would set her back.

Dorie - my daughter watches that show, and is always lecturing me about the stuff I eat! LOL

mary elizabeth  Williams It turns out I cannot access it anywhere! I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD. There are some short clips on the website, if anyone is interested.
I've also heard about a really good BBC show that is supposedly better than the Biggest Loser. Has anyone heard about the Biggest Loser controversy-- it was reveled that some of the contestants only had coffee for days and starved themselves in order to lose weight. Geez, I've lost all faith in that show.

message 8: by Jenbrandau341 (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments Thats amazing I was wondering how they could lose 14 pounds in one week... That's a tough feat for anyone even working out 8 hours a day!

message 9: by Jenbrandau341 (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments By the way I saw the show Ruby the other night. She is so sweet and has such a great outlook. It was on really late but a good show.

mary elizabeth  Williams I can't wait for it to come out on DVD!

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/...

Link to the show's website (for those of you--like me--who have been too lazy to google before right now...)